Reviews for Coming to Terms
BellaTesoro chapter 23 . 11/18/2018
It looks like this is the final chapter here on but I believe I read somewhere here that you have a blog where this story is finished? I hope so, I'd like to see these two get their HEA since they've been through so much to get to this point.
I left you comments along the way to thank you for sharing your work and keeping it here. You're writing is very good, you can tell because I've gotten frustrated for these characters, which means I cared about them, which means you wrote them so that we would care. Bravo. And even though this Bella frustrated me, I get that she was supposed to do that...
Thank you!
BellaTesoro chapter 22 . 11/18/2018
It was so good for Bella to have 'her' family at her baby shower. It was a lovely gift to have Renee there as well as Sue and a few of her friends. I guess Jessica should have sat this shower out. I think Bella should trust Edward. See if she had already told him, a little at a time, what has been going down at work, this little 'secret' that he overheard from Jessica would not have mattered at all. Going back to the onesie decorations, what a sweet idea and I loved that Edward created a special one for his little guy and can't Bella at least be a able to decorate a lovely onesie for her child. Bella seems to be painted as having nothing interesting, no skills. Maybe it's because we only hear her POV and she doesn't have any self confidence.
BellaTesoro chapter 21 . 11/18/2018
Oh what a let down, it was Mike who proposed. And yet again Bella is going to screw everything up by not being open and honest with Edward and the Cullens about her job issues. Just tell them, it's not like you planned this to all go down like this. This Bella is very frustrating.
BellaTesoro chapter 20 . 11/18/2018
Finally, some sort of spark between these two. It seemed that they had lost all, if they ever really had a romantic connection, with going to Edward's house and seeing that he in fact took the time and energy to put those pictures up and set up his home so it showed some much needed warmth between these two. If Bella had wanted to at least try and rekindle a spark with Edward she could have at least tried. Instead she was like a limp noodle around him and well everyone else too. I mean she didn't even look up when the doctor was doing the sonogram of her baby, she didn't put up any of those early ones and Edward did. It's a good thing one of them showed some warmth. I think Edward calling her with his idea that they should get married was sweet, if not pretty spontaneous, and if they hadn't just shared those tender moments it would have been cold but Edward at least is showing some movement in the right direction.
BellaTesoro chapter 19 . 11/18/2018
It was nice to see Bella is giving her father a chance, well to also give herself a chance to see that she is loved by him.
BellaTesoro chapter 18 . 11/18/2018
Edward seems to be making all the sweet advances here and Bella is merely taking them all in. She made one thoughtful idea for Edward and that was to bring him food during his long working shift and then she said, na she didn't have that kind of relationship with him. It would be nice to see a more giving side to Bella instead of everyone else giving to her.
BellaTesoro chapter 17 . 11/17/2018
It was good that Bella opened up to Edward about her own back story and why she's got her own set of issues.
BellaTesoro chapter 16 . 11/17/2018
This was the best chapter yet. Carlisle's backstory was very well written. I could picture how Edward came to be who he is and why. I really think that of all the characters, Carlisle is probably the most morally good person. He did what he did for all the right reasons and I can only imagine his pain, hurt and all he did for Edward when he thought he was his biological father and more importantly after he knew the truth. So it all makes sense now, why Edward is so cautious with Bella and their situation. Bella isn't the most open and warm and fuzzy person so I don't blame Edward for being leery about her and her motives. So I'm confused how Bella won't give him some serious understanding and compassion for the way he's reacted, sure he was an ass to her but mostly he's been Bella misunderstanding that this isn't all about her...
BellaTesoro chapter 15 . 11/17/2018
Bella really has no self confidence at all. It was rather sad to hear her tell Tanya and Edward that she is clueless about little ones and not sure at all what to do. And then she hears Edward stick up for her and yet she was easy to think he was talking about her in regard to him yelling on the phone about someone ruining his family. Why not act like a mature woman and ask who Edward could be talking to on the phone and was it she that he was talking about. Clearly he was not specking about her, his family knows this and I guess we readers will find out when Bella finds out. Perhaps Carlisle is about to clear some things up for her.
BellaTesoro chapter 14 . 11/17/2018
Is Bella just naturally lazy or is being pregnant make her so tired she couldn't move items off her bed to go to sleep in it and would rather sleep on a sofa? lol, She can't even stay up long enough to chat with Edward for a bit after he did take her to dinner and seems to be making a big effort to get to know Bella and it was so kind of him to buy two of everything for the coming baby. She has yet to buy one thing, that I know of, or do anything to prepare for this baby herself. For a seemingly adult, professional woman, she's not the sharpest tack in regard to her pregnancy or planning for her baby but rather letting the chips fall where they may. I'm trying to find something, some spark between these two and I can't. It seems she's really rather cold.
BellaTesoro chapter 13 . 11/16/2018
Sounds like Bella is going to get pushed out of her job. How can they expect a mother to go back to work after two weeks. She's owed maternity leave and if the company she's worked her ass off for won't allow her what's rightfully hers, then she ought to look for another company to work for. Her child has to come first, isn't that what she's been neglected from herself and wouldn't she want better for her child?
BellaTesoro chapter 12 . 11/16/2018
Why wasn't and isn't Bella doing any of the planning for her own child? How is it that she didn't even think to clear out her spare room for the baby? I guess it's good she having a child with such giving and warm grandmother and aunt. Alice's story was moving and that she opened up to Bella probably made Bella feel that she was accepted enough by someone, finally. It was good to hear her open up too. Now to get Edward to do the same.
BellaTesoro chapter 11 . 11/16/2018
Bella's thoughts suggested that Charlie was socially challenged, I'm thinking that Bella is. She seems to admit she's a product of two parents who did not show her enough comfort and emotional support, a father she thinks abandoned her easily and a mother who wasn't a mother rather she had to mother her instead. And she questions wether she herself will be able to parent her own child because of those two poor role models. I think maybe she's got a reason to be concerned. She certainly doesn't like people, she's secluded herself from relationships up until this point. I don't see why either Jacob or Edward would be interested in her. I mean Jacob seems to remember, in detail their few childhood memories which she doesn't remember and yet she allows him to get close to her after one brief invite from her father to Thanksgiving and he, what falls for her and wants to be there as a daddy? She allows him to lie down with her in her bed? Really? This Bella is annoying so far.
BellaTesoro chapter 10 . 11/13/2018
Bella is the most ungrateful person toward those that are trying to be there for her. I get some of them are annoying, like Jacob. I mean really? She's only really known him on a personal level for several weeks and only seen him twice. He's someone she should just be honest with and let him go. I'm concerned with Angela's cryptic phone call. I'm thinking the Newton's don't like all this time off she's having to take from work which would be unlawful if they did that.
BellaTesoro chapter 9 . 11/13/2018
I'm happy that Bella realizes she needs someone there for her. She could have called her father, but she's really written him off, pity because I think she's out of line with how much she resents his lack of former parental attachment in her life. I wonder if Bella would consider counseling, maybe that would help her deal with her upbringing and help with this current mess she's in and not being able to open up and communicate with these new connections she's going to be involved with, they are in fact going to be her child's family too.
1,218 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »