Reviews for The Shadow of Death
Jamaica chapter 1 . 2/11/2015
OK it's 2015 and I find this during my re-ignited DGM kick and then read it like 10 times because I love it so much. The history, the mood, the awesome IC AU and everything are amazing. I did have to look up the gladiator-related words but that's cool. I probably will read this like another 10 times and still won't get tired of it. Kudos!
Frothy Owl chapter 1 . 6/1/2012
This was nicely written. The length was perfect as well. Although, I am a little disappointed that it's a oneshot. A few more paragraphs here and there, a pinch of dialogue, and maybe a clichè love triangle, and you could have yourself a twelve-chapter story. Twelve chapters at the least. But I did like it. It's definitely not your run-of-the-mill shounen-ai. Well done.
existential-despair chapter 1 . 5/22/2012
Woahh, this is a really interesting historical AU and while I don't known as much about the roman empire as you obviously do, I felt like you captured their culture really well, I found the last line extremely interesting . (Yes I squealed XD as to be expected.)
GGL-HY chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
OMFG! You are a genius! *0*

When I found this story I couldn't stop laughing because me and my friend had exactly the same sort of ideas during latin class, except that we drew little comics in awful latin with Lavius the rich Roman and Kandus his sexy but stubborn slave! XD

But Kanda is definitly more convincing as a sexy gladiator! And his encounter with Lavi in the end made me squeal like the desperate fangirl I am!

I suppose Albanus is the Roman version of Allen?

Anyway, that's a really good story, I totally love it, and I'd like a continuation! *0* *pretty please ;A;*

GGL.