Reviews for Pieces
Shadaux chapter 1 . 10/30/2012
That was beautifully written :') .. I wish it were longer though. I feel that Tommy indeed needed to be broken, and that Brendan needed to be the one to break him. Though I think Tommy didn't intend to put his Pops back together again, but I think that bit about it hurting when he saw his Pops broken stirred something deep inside him.

Warrior is a fantastic movie, I often wonder why it doesn't get that much appreciation. :[ Maybe its because most people think its about the sport, since that was how they made the trailer. Anyway, I'm glad you decided to post this :) Melikes!
avidreader chapter 1 . 9/7/2012
Amazing! Totally loved it wow!
lizard1969 chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
...insightful...well done!
Great movie btw...should've got oscars
Jay chapter 1 . 4/12/2012
I loved this. We need more fic in the Warrior fandom!

I think this very much explains some of what is going on in Tommy's head. Gavin O'Connor explained the dynamic between Tommy and his father by incorporating the Moby Dick story. His interview with is very interesting and corroborates well with this story.
ooihcnoiwlerh chapter 1 . 4/12/2012
First off: you misspelled Brendan's name. There is no "o"

Second, I had mixed feelings about this. I don't think Tommy had the intention of breaking Paddy and puttting him back together again, just the need to spout that rage he had been biting back and say what he needed to say. The understanding of the fact that he'd broken the old man who by now would need to build himself back up correctly probably came later. Although I do agree that, painful as the ending was, Tommy needed to lose that fight in order to regain a part of his humanity that seemed lost during a large portion of the film. I think the director actually made that statement, that Tommy needed to be broken in order to be built back up.
Strawberry lane chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
I really like this. Nice writing :)