Reviews for Only A Boy
I think it was in book 3 of the original work where Hermione and Ron had a fight, causing a rift within the trio. Here since we don’t only have a trio, it makes sense that we get a rift that is not just childish, and I really like it. They discussed big subjects that can change the current political system greatly, and then they went back to be kids their age with just a hair flip. That’s sooo cute! I really have high hopes for this fic, since it has lots of changes from the original work, and just thinking about how the story will progress from this point makes me really excited!
I always enjoy the Christmas arcs a lot! Especially this one.

I like how Draco and Hermione’s friendship was built naturally and understandably. I like how Snape has become so fond of Merlin, and no longer be the totally cold professor of before. I like the way he treated Merlin and Silas like his children. I also especially like Draco’s gradual change as well as how Merlin showed off his experience in court and startled everyone. This is a wonderful chapter!
I think this fic really does a great job establishing relationships between the mc and others. I particularly enjoy his relationships with Draco and Snape. They’re just so interesting. And I like how you make it so that most characters have their own depth in their personality. We don’t only see things from one angle, but multiple angles.

Really, thank you so much for writing this fic! This fic was the one that got me to realize that even a fanfic can be so awesome and even more interesting than the original works sometimes.
This is one of my most favorite chapters of this fic. T.T Every time I reread it, I fell in love with it more T.T
I especially like this part:
"Piss off, Zabini. I don't recall inviting you to join the conversation."

Merlin blinked, taken aback. Zabini frowned, also giving Malfoy a rather strange look but Malfoy didn't seem to notice. Instead he snapped his attention back on Merlin, "Purebloods that dirty themselves with muggles are blood traitors. We shouldn't associate ourselves with filth like them."

I mean, it’s always so interesting seeing others being surprised due to how differently Draco treats Merlin. You can tell he’d subconsciously deemed Merlin as his friend from the very start. I like how even though he appeared irritated by Merlin’s ideal, he still remained patient and tried to explain stuff to Merlin, thinking Merlin was just not familiar with the magical community and needed some guidance. (Ofc it went a completely opposite direction at the end, which is wonderful too XD).
I suddenly missed this fic so much and went back to read it as soon as I woke up. The nostalgia hit real hard, and I sort of feel like crying now. T.T Author, I hope everything is going alright with you, and some day you’ll get back to this fic when you feel like it. 3
TheProcastinatingPerfectionist chapter 1 . 8/13
Hehe I’m your 5000 review YAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY
TheProcastinatingPerfectionist chapter 2 . 8/13
Evans like Lilly aww.
Kinda makes wonder if snape would’ve treated Harry differently if he sported his mother’s maiden name.
Harry Evans lol
TheProcastinatingPerfectionist chapter 7 . 8/13
Draco is so rude I’m living for it
TheProcastinatingPerfectionist chapter 25 . 8/13
I know you have plans to change this story into an original. But I’m begging please, finish it. We would love to see where this goes. I’m afraid of not getting closure they’re is so much unsolved so much we don’t know. Is Lucius gonna come around. Are draco and hermione gone end up together. Are Ginny and Merlin gonna end up together narrowly following canon? Book 3 yall I’m so excited to see Remus and Sirius.
Is Merlin gonna tell snape who he really is?Is someone gonna slip up? Is Merlin finally gone ride something OtheR than a broomstick? I wanna watch Korrizahar grow up. I wanna see Merlin deal with his fame and finally get recognition. I wanna see Merlin affect on Draco’s attitude towards muggleborn and the end of his prejudice against muggles.
I know you have your issues with JK Rowling and even I cannot get over what she said about Transgenders. But nobody is perfect not even the creator of HP. Please this story has so much potential to be left incomplete. I am sure that if you write an original retelling of Merlin it’ll be great as well but don’t abandon this masterpiece.
Owl's Grey Rose chapter 46 . 7/29
OMG the ending of this chapter
I can’t lol
Ngl binged the first half last night and I love it, one of the most unique fics on this site, rly glad u avoid the whole save the world trope while still having a overarching plot
Kaiimei chapter 5 . 7/21
Okay, this Merlin definitely is a bit...weird.

He acts like a child, but also sometimes acts mature, and it's honestly kinda irritating. I never really buy into the 'the mind is in a child's body and has a child's reactions and emotions' because it just makes no real sense. Reactions are because of memories, we learn what we like and dislike and temper ourselves accordingly. If I learn that certain people act certain ways, I would likely act either in a different way as to not cause their reactions, or act in that way to prompt said reaction.

The one thing that really annoyed me was him almost blurting out that he knew of apparating. Just...how? I really don't understand how he could possibly even do that. He knows that in his current state he should know basically nothing about magic, yet he casually almost mentions apparating? It just doesn't fit, unless he might as well truly have the mindset of a ten-year-old, which is honestly just a waste in my eyes.

Sorry that this review is basically me just complaining, I get that this story appeals to people, it's just that it kinda hits my buttons for things I dislike in stories, since really I like having characters who actually retain their innate and learned intelligence and skill when this sort of thing happens.
Magyklover chapter 50 . 7/4
Just wanna say, i love this fic, but I have no intention to read Harry Potter, and I haven't read it. I'm here for Merlin, although I must admit that I love how you integrate him into Hogwarts.
Henerala chapter 49 . 6/25
The 49th chapter. One chapter away from the temporary end of this story (it's only temporary, right?). I just want to tell the author that I love reading this story and I think you're doing an amazing job with it. But for now, the end is one click away; I know what I have to do, but I don't know if I have the strength to do it ( TT n TT). Just know that whatever the temporary end may bring; I appreciate this story very much.

- Henerala
Henerala chapter 33 . 6/24
Oh wow. Oh wowie wow. I did not expect that to happen. Silas' brother is in Azkaban? *dramatic gasp*! Whatever did the poor lad do? Your writing is amazing, by the way; very intriguing and interesting. I look forward to reading the rest of your works.

- An excited Henerala