Reviews for Only A Boy
23jmenes chapter 50 . 6/12/2021
please please don't leave this book! it's great
KillgarraghForever chapter 10 . 5/24/2021
[Down the street, they could see a sign that said Privet Drive.] *singing* In another life...

["Was your dad's name Balthazar?" asked George, keeping his face perfectly serious.] SPN? SPN! BALTHAZAR! *unholy screeching*
Detsella Morningdew chapter 34 . 5/9/2021
I absolutely love it when an author writes a new Hat song.

Even better, your poem was not only in line with the style of all the other hat songs, it was relevant to the plot.
Detsella Morningdew chapter 26 . 5/6/2021
This really feels like a complete book. I like that, I really like that.

The sense of closure is really nice between years, even if there are ongoing plot threads, and I think too few fanfiction writers take year-end conclusions seriously enough.
Detsella Morningdew chapter 25 . 5/6/2021
This is even better! Even with Merlin not hiding his magic, he still has some difficulties due to other problems (being actually eleven).

It keeps things exciting, while keeping enough of the power so it feels satisfying.
Detsella Morningdew chapter 23 . 5/6/2021
This story is amazing, no question.

I never thought I'd see a Draco and Hermione in the same friend group, yet have very little change in actual personality. Certainly not in first year. And all the conflicts and relationships between the three of them are super realistic and interesting.

Merlin, despite obviously being overpowered, is a balanced character as a whole, as the fact of his power is used more than him actually showing it all the time. It creates conflict, secrets, and all the sorts of good parts a story should have. And not only that, but Draco and Snape get some very good focuses. And unlike other stories that focus on the darker HP characters, this one never seems to have an overly dark or gritty tone.

You managed to nail one of the main things I loved about first-year Harry Potter, which is the wonder of magic.

Also, your OCs never seem out of place, which is something to note.
Detsella Morningdew chapter 1 . 5/6/2021
I don't know the source material for the version of Merlin you are using, but this is amazing so far. (And Arthurian legends are so much in flux in general that I'd probably just accept any changes anyway.)

Whether it was borrowed or not, your characterization of Merlin is so much more real than other versions shown in Harry Potter fanfiction, so this is a great start already.
MagmaRising chapter 32 . 5/4/2021
In all the harry potter fanfiction I have read, never have I read one which shows a less nasty version of Rita Skeeter. I like the difference you have and applaud you for it.
mutnna chapter 11 . 5/2/2021
I really wanna know what Snape's reaction with Merlin got sorted out in Slytherin. I could portrait he would be like, "Not that prat in my house."
Linn chapter 50 . 5/1/2021
Please, this story was soo good! I need to know if it's coming back... please...
emily4498 chapter 50 . 4/15/2021
It's very rare for me to read crossovers, but this one is amazing and makes me hope for others like it. I'll certainly go looking! Thanks for the read and I hope you update soon!
Diania Dusty chapter 50 . 4/10/2021
Hi! This was a really good fic and I spent way to long reading this (staying up till 3 in the morning anyone?). I was just wondering, are you going to update? It says the last chapter was published in March 2020, and it has obviously been longer than then. Please update, I really enjoyed it, and I hope there are no personal problems preventing this. Thanks, and again, really good fic.
Guest chapter 50 . 3/30/2021
good sor
SherlockHW chapter 12 . 3/24/2021
“You don’t live up to the name; the name lives up to you.” That was such a powerful move
Guest chapter 1 . 3/19/2021
I have lost track of how many times I have read this. I absolutely love it.

If you don't end up having time to continue would you consider doing a one-shot of Merlin vs Umbridge? I would love to read that
5,035 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »