Reviews for The Space Between
Pr1nCesS-SpaFfi chapter 1 . 10/30/2013
. . .
Uhhh chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
Troy's an idiot. Sharpay is sexier. Sharpay had his daughter. Sharpay is his wife. That sounds like a fairy tale and he's cheating on her with a goody good who is apparently a disgusting homewrecking skank in this story? Okay. I agree with xGxP that their daughter would hate Troy and for a good reason. He's a disgusting pig. How about next time you make it clear this is a Troyella? I hate it when authors fail to do that.
kaybaby1127 chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
uh oh trouble in paradise
troyella2468 chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
I've never liked troypay stories,but reading this I learned it wasn't. This story showed how hard her life is married to Troy. This a great story and I can't wait for more from more storied by you.
Is This Happiness chapter 1 . 4/12/2012
Goddamn it. I saw Sharpay’s name and got too far into this before I realized it wasn’t just about her and Troy’s marriage. I read the entire thing, however, and since I thought it was well written, I’d consider it impolite not to review.

My heart went out to Sharpay so I was already strongly against Troy, but to be impartial to romantic pairings, the most infuriating part about his behavior is the daughter factor. If he’s being so carelessly blatant in his affair and is not even making an effort to conceal it properly from his wife anymore, then it’s only a matter of time before his little girl gets old enough to realize what’s going on as well. It’s sad to think about her realizing the hurt her father put her mother through and the type of resentment and loss of respect for him she would suffer through. (I know I’m thinking far beyond the content that was given here, but I have a tendency to do that. Sorry.)

I’d like to imagine that the two divorced, hopefully on Sharpay’s action, before their daughter reached that age, so that she could be spared the trauma. I’d think that Sharpay, who displays a strong sense of entitlement to being treated like a princess would eventually become intolerant to the emotional abuse, but then again, Troy always seemed to be her exception.

I have to say I have a hard time imagining Gabriella being the other woman though. Sharpay, absolutely, but Gabriella wouldn’t be so selfish. I see her putting a firm hand on Troy’s shoulder and sending him home to his wife and daughter, regardless of her own desires. But who knows how many girls convincingly wear morale and integrity as a facade. I digress.

I disagree with the reviewer who claimed that it was an unfortunate situation that led all of the characters to this point. Gabriella shouldn’t be free of guilt, but ultimately, Troy is to blame. Everything is a result of a decision he made; sleeping with Sharpay, choosing to marry her, sleeping with Gabriella, abandoning the sanctity of his marriage. I was disappointed to not at least find him more laden with angst than he was. The story honed in on Sharpay’s own unhappiness and understandably so, but if Troy has any sort of conscience, then out of everyone in the story he should be the most miserable. This isn’t a teenage situation in which he prefers another girl to his girlfriend, who will inevitably grow up and move on. There’s a marriage and a child involved.

I hope you don’t see my critique of the characters’ morals as a negative review of the story, however. It was well written, thought provoking, and affective. Usually I would have just stopped reading by the time I realized Troy was in Gabriella’s home. This time I didn’t.

I’m sorry this review is so long. I’m a rambler.

Xoxo.
Luc chapter 1 . 4/12/2012
I really enjoyed reading this, refreshing to read new ideas, when Troy and Sharpay are put together in stories she is usually portrayed as a bitch, I love that this short but detailed story made me feel sympathetic for all of them, no one was to blame, just a shitty situation 3
aly chapter 1 . 4/12/2012
loved it!
gr8azngrl chapter 1 . 4/12/2012
Sigh love triangle stories...I'm always conflicted when it comes to these extramarital affairs stories. You did a great job on making me sympathetic toward all the characters.
Midnight113 chapter 1 . 4/12/2012
Very unique and different plot, I really liked the way you portrayed these characters in this situation. Well done!
yogaluva chapter 1 . 4/12/2012
sad very cute one-shot
EternalEquality chapter 1 . 4/12/2012
ooh lovely, a new story. Troys got a friends w/ benefits situation...
Qanaver chapter 1 . 4/12/2012
updates or new stories are hard to come these days and i was so excited when i saw one from you today.

all the stories in between them are what my imagination is quenching. im totes against cheating but but it's TG and yeah im torn. and i guess it has always been in my most-wanted-to-read list some TG where Gabriella is the mistress and she's not guilty about it.
ju-cy nurse chapter 1 . 4/12/2012
Beutiful story
BrittFan chapter 1 . 4/12/2012
Wow, that was amazing. And I kind of felt bad for sharpay, too. I love Troyella, but they're married and has a daughter. He should have came forward to tell her. Anyway, good one shot!
chasingthewinds chapter 1 . 4/12/2012
That's so sad for Shar. This was really short but it told a lot, that's great. Was really happy that the daughter same name as me, awesome! This was good. Real Good.