Reviews for A Discourse on Invectives
Aralas Baggins chapter 1 . 3/31/2013
LOL
patternleap chapter 1 . 12/1/2012
Anderson certainly had it coming.
datawolf39 chapter 1 . 11/23/2012
is it bad that i do the same thing sherlock does (consider the literal meaning of insults.)? anyway loved it thx for writing.
Dude Lika Ninja chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
Oh, Sherlock. He's a special one indeed. But I guess thats why I love him so much... and John. I absolutely adore John. Anyway, cute oneshot.
StillWaters1 chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
I'm a bit of a language geek, so the premise of this story made me grin, while also managing to tie in very well with the canon scene where Sherlock expresses his displeasure, and disdain, for improper use of the English language. While there were one or two bits of dialogue that didn't quite sound right for Sherlock, overall, I could hear his voice, and John's, very clearly, and could see Sherlock even overplaying his annoyance and supposed misunderstanding of why Anderson chose that word, just to make John laugh.

Lines I particularly enjoyed:

"Sherlock neither acknowledged him nor broke his stride. John was having to double-step to keep up with the brisk pace." I could picture this image so clearly, and it was so them.

""Did he?" John asked, thinking back on the last few hours. "Oh right, so he did."" I could see John's face, replaying what was likely a long string of muttered expressions of hatred for Sherlock during the course of the day. Excellent John-voice here!

""It's just that I detest improper use of the English language. Not that I should expect any better from the likes of Anderson, asinine as he is."" Wonderful Sherlock-voice!

Keep up the great work!
FrostedMidnight chapter 1 . 4/12/2012
Oh Sherlock, always up to special things :). Thanks for a lovely little snippet!

Much Loves,

Frosty
InvisibleInk94 chapter 1 . 4/12/2012
I love "I hate Anderson" fics! They just never get old!

I must admit I had to look up 'asinine' in the dictionary though I knew the general gist behind the word :) Love the references to Sherlock and improper uses of the English language! Almost call for a new pairing doesn't it? Sherlock/Grammar, Sherlock/The WORK, Sherlock/Correct use of the English Language.

Anyway. Great story! Is there going to be a sequel with Anderson receiving his present? :)

Love it :D Xx