Reviews for A Midnight Stroll
Unusual, but very good.
starlight.moon.princess chapter 1 . 6/5/2013
This.
This.
I don't even know Lucy, but the only way I have to properly express my feelings about this is asdjlsbfdlhbnfjsdjksdfsgvjkl.

You should write Narcissa and Rod all the time.
I mean it, /all the time/
Because the way you wrote them...
I just want to squish them into a hug, Lucy.
Because their pain was just so /real/ that I wanted to cry for them.
The way they suffer from being ignored by the ones they lone...

I don't even know what to say.
This was brilliant.
&hearts
Ralinde chapter 1 . 3/15/2013
Interesting friendship pairing, though I quite like it. They both seem to be in similar situation. I like that they find it so easy to talk to each other and Rodolphus' mention of Death Eater meetings and Bellatrix being obsessed with the Dark Lord came rather smoohtly
One question: if Narcissa is fourteen, then Bellatrix is eighteen (since we know they are four years apart). Hasn't she already left Hogwarts then? *doubts*
I think the idea of Bellatrix and Narcissa still encountering Andromeda at Hogwarts after she left home, is very intriguing. I always imagined her to leave in her final year, but with this scenario, and Bellatrix already with the Death Eaters... Poor Andromeda must've had a hell of a time those last two years.
lowi chapter 1 . 3/13/2013
This is brilliant, Lucy! I really like the idea of Rod and Narcissa being friends, I don't know, it makes perfect sense! New headcanon? ;)

I also think the parallells you drew between LuciusNarcissa and RodolphusBelaltrix were really interesting; I've never thought of them before, so it was really interesting to read due to that!

Brilliant work, as usual with your stories! :D
The Crownless Queen chapter 1 . 3/9/2013
This was a very nice scene. I like how you wrote Narcissa and Rodolphus in this - I can't really tell you if they're IC or not because we don't really know a lot about them, but I personally think this kind of scene could actually have happened ;)
Good work!
keeptheotherone chapter 1 . 2/26/2013
What a great connection you've made between these two. Narcissa's lack of concern about being out after curfew and realization that the teachers will have more important worries is very Slytherin. Narcissa's reluctance to hurt Rodolphus's feelings and her pain over Andromeda illustrate the softer part of her character that we see at the end of DH. And I definitely think she's dead-on about Bellatrix!
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
I really liked this look at Rodolphus and Narcissa. I really enjoy seeing fics where the Death Eaters are shown as human beings and not just mindless killers, and this is no exception. I definitely think you characterized both Rodolphus and Narcissa well, and their feelings about their respective significant others make a lot of sense. I can picture Bella not being faithful towards Rodolphus even though they're engaged, and, through Narcissa's eyes, she was very in-character. My only criticism is that I'm not sure that Bellatrix and Rodolphus joined up with the Death Eaters while they were in school, but since there's not a canon date, it's completely excusable. This was a great friendship fic, and I really enjoyed reading it!
silver-nightstorm chapter 1 . 1/31/2013
I really liked your portrayal of this friendship and it's implications. It's nice to think of Narcissa and Rodolphus finding a platonic friendship in each other while their spouses do whatever it is they feel like doing. Well done :)
MadHatterBellatrix10 chapter 1 . 4/28/2012
This was really good, I have no complaints :) I can actually envision those two having a nice little moonlight chat. I don't know because normally I'd think Bella met the dark lord a bit later than 16, but that's my head canon... Really good, I enjoy reading those two together, even as friends :)
Shadowed93 chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
I quite like the idea of these two being friends, it makes sense because of the family links and their similar situations with their partners. I can really imagine Bellatrix acting like this as well :) Great fic, thanks for entering :]
TayaCurragh chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
Nice story :) Firstly, I like the idea of a party and teenagers being teenagers. I think far too often, the students are portrayed as perfect, never doing anything wrong (except, of course, for the trio breaking rules, but they're always for good anyway), so it makes a nice change to see them acting like that. I like how Narcissa and Rodolphus have similarities in terms of their partners, and its nice to see them able to talk to each other and let it out :)
Tilly chapter 1 . 4/20/2012
Narcissa used to be my least favorite Black sister, but reading yours and a couple other Cissy stories lately has changed my mind :) write more!
the lola chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
When I saw a Narcissa/Rodolphus fic I just had to read it! I love the pairing, friendship, romance, whatever - it just works. This was really well written and you had a good way of adding background information in but in such a good flow if you know what I mean? We weren't bombarded with it and things kind of unfolded throughout. I like how they were both in the situation, it was really sad, but lovely how they bumped into each other and had that little chat. Overall, really enjoyed this!
lella7 chapter 1 . 4/15/2012
I really like the way you've drawn parallels between Narcissa and Rodolphus here and it's interesting to see them helping each other out with their problems. You've made them both very human characters and I like the way you characterised them both. Great job :)
thefirstservant chapter 1 . 4/15/2012
Aww, Lucy, I love Death Eater friendship fics. :)) This was really good! :) Thanks for sharing. :))