Reviews for Lines of Destiny: Destiny's Intersection
jgkitarel chapter 10 . 9/18/2012
Hmm, it was clear early on that Ranma's resistance to joining the senshi was because they expected him to, spouting destiny and all that. Due to his life, that was the wrong way to approach it. Ironically, Usagi probably understood why he was so resistant to it, even if she could not exactly define it. After all, of all the senshi, she was the one who was forced into the role and wanted out until she realized that doing so was worse.
Cure Leo AKA AshK1980 chapter 10 . 9/11/2012
Nice work on this update as always! I look forward to your next awesome update!
khammel chapter 10 . 9/11/2012
Finally, introspection from Ranma. (more, please!) And it brought about mixed feelings.

I like the yearly ritual to at least make the attempt to change. I figured Rama would so something like that, just to remember. And she remembered at least the fact of the marriage to Akane, if not the reasons why they had problems. I was very impressed she expressed regret on not saying good bye to Akane. One wonders how much longer she will.

I did enjoy the end of Minako's "Dress Escalation" (as well as the last salvo consisting of 'knotted handkerchiefs').

It would be interesting to see how Ami squares marriage in the past with attempting not to cause temporal paradoxes.

I guess the dark bodysuit sort of makes her the "Emma Peel of the Silver Millennium". Though since her civilian identity is the "Kasumi of the Silver Millennium", it is a little more underplayed.

A question on honor, however... if she feels she still has honor, and it is important, even her foundation... How does rejecting the potential of marriage solely by the the fact it is incompatible with her profession square with supposed emphasis on honor? Somehow, she felt bound by the "man amongst men" agreement, which was made in another place/universe too. But does not feel honor bound at all by her marriage to Akane? Honor is every bit as valid a reason to not seek marriage as inconvenience.

Interesting advancement of the plot. Thanks for doing this.
ijpowers92 chapter 10 . 9/11/2012
well, I'm going to have to say that this IS their past if for no other reason then ...older-Setsuna's reactions to Ranma possibly getting a cure. Causality and all that.
RyanEX chapter 10 . 9/11/2012
Twenty years...damn. I'm surprised he even remembers the curse, let alone Akane. I'm begining to wonder if he's the only one that remembers since the others seem to have moved on.

And if they're ever going to get back, and if it's going to be one of those gone for X years in one place but only a few days in another. Or will it be like Hearts of Ice where he comes back older and still stuck.
Cure Leo AKA AshK1980 chapter 9 . 9/3/2012
Nice work on this update as always! Keep up the awesome work on this story! Great job so far!
Sorry it took so long for me to review.
khammel chapter 9 . 8/26/2012
Interesting chapter.

Though nobody (except maybe Ranma) would probably dwell on it after 8 years. it is interesting, or telling, that nobody even mentions Ranma was male at one time... especially on such a notable anniversary. Not to mention the fact that Ranma was married, no matter how tenuously, when he was male all those years ago. Though, one wonders how much 'male' is left in Ranma now? She has now spent well over half of her mature years as a woman. Plus weathered the hormonal onslaught of pregnancy. Not to forget the subsequent nursing and mother-child bonding.

I found the use of rakish to describe Ranma's hairdo intriguing. I have never heard the word in conjunction a female, though I guess it COULD be used for describing a character like Haruka. It usually means a dashing/jaunty/romantic male look. But rakish can also have an implication of edginess. Usually it would refer to a pirate captain or someone of that ilk. There is quite the laundry list of synonyms for the noun 'rake' in the dictionally, all of which were probably used by Kunou and Ranma to describe each other, or Ryouga to describe Ranma. :)

Ranma's selection of clothing seems to be an attempt at making the best of the bad situation. She would want to look as dowdy as possible. Or is that uncute as possible? :) She did come up with a nice, feminine, dress for Setsuna, maybe to say to her daughter, dress not as I do.

One wonders if Ami dances each year with Ranma to 'protect' Ranma (and herself) by preemptively interdicting any other dance partners, at least for the two of them?

Thanks again, best of luck writing.
god of all chapter 9 . 8/25/2012
Great chapter and story so far please continue this story soon.
SilentStriker99 chapter 9 . 8/25/2012
Just to weigh in on you castle refrences. I founf them perfectly "in story" and understood where you were going without the authors note so keep it.
Rydan fall chapter 9 . 8/25/2012
Lay-lines, a planets lay-lines would work like blood-vessels to the planet crytals acting as hearts.
Would also explain the gem like motive of Sailor Moon's transformative item and why Luna didn't have a change to connect the Moon princess to Sailor Moon.

You know what that temperal paradox reminded me of?
Schrodinger's Cat, aka stasis, aka cryo(?)-tubes and the like.
Because without movement, lenght, wide, height and time just mean you got a room with sone statue in it.
Think about how cells or electricity works, for one, they need movement.
Basicaly, Ranma could call Ami out to stop bringing up Schrodinger's Furry(?) Demon, when she starts about that temperal paradox again.
Our universe is more the a Four Dimensional Universe scientist claim it is, because they are talking about a (stasis) picture taken from our universe.
Though that might be the secret behind the gatees of time, a place that is in stasis since it's creation and thus might let you view all the time it exist from every point in time, ad a good spy-system to it and...

Well, till the next time.
Chargone chapter 9 . 8/25/2012
the castles/sailor moon/palace/alternate power source/whatever thing works quite nicely, fanon/canon issues or no.

Ranma seems to have lost a lot of what makes Ranma... Ranma. I've read some very convincing arguments here and there that getting perma-locked with no hope of a way to Unlock has a high probability of resulting in suicide from a canon-Ranma. probably more than having a kid as a girl, actually. though i suppose Setsuna's existence would provide something of a counter-weight to that...

I mean, still inanely skilled in martial arts, yeah. but other than that? not so much.

it also seems like that 'single day snapshot' thing works a lot better in video form than text. i'm sure i've seen something like it done in cartoons and/or movies before. first off there tends to be a Lot of background stuff going on, and it's the changes in the background characters stacking up that make it truly different. (so-and-so is married now, such-and-such another couple now has a kid, a different play is being preformed so the rehearsing actors are wearing different costumes, the son runs the flower shop now instead of his aged father, stuff like that.) the combination of slowed ageing, following only a couple of characters, and the event itself not being that complex, all necessary for writing something manageable for both author and reader, do detract from that a bit.
ijpowers92 chapter 9 . 8/24/2012
well, I really don't what to expect anymore. I have guesses, but there are a lot of blanks to be filled.
I find it interesting that no one has brought up the curse in forever. Though it looks like Minako may have inadvertently reminded Ami of it.
Cure Leo AKA AshK1980 chapter 8 . 8/18/2012
Nice work on this update! This is an excellent story so far! Keep up the great work!
Chargone chapter 8 . 8/16/2012
yay! caught up!

ok, i wasn't That many chapters behind, but still. wasn't in the right space for reading this sort of thing for a while there, so didn't. back now... and promptly discovered that the point where i stopped is about the same point where the style shifts a bit to eliminate the entire issue i was having (which had nothing, really, to do with the writing and everything to do with my head-space, so meh *shrugs*) rendering the whole thing rather silly.

umm... soul of ice... shouldn't that have produced a noticeable temperature drop in Ranma's vicinity when he was over-using it?

I picked up on the time travel thing a Little before Ami did, but not much. (though i started wondering the moment Endymion(sp?)'s name came up)

you know, it's weird to (and beyond) the point of implausibility that the people of the Moon Kingdom spoke Japanese in a way that would be intelligible to the girls. 200 years is enough to cause problems. 1000 is enough that... *thinks* I think the closest you'd come to something lasting a thousand years at ANY point would probably be written Chinese. nothing else has come even Close ot lasting that long without becoming essentially an entirely different, no longer mutually intelligible, language. (look at shakespere's plays, for example: half the recognizable words that are still in use are ones He Made Up for the play and they entered the english language that way. And it's barely intelligible if you put some effort into it. go back as long again and the writings are completely unintelligible. heck, half the problem with english spelling was caused by a radical shift in vowel pronunciation just after it was properly nailed down. ) ... then, just to add another layer of silly, the characters are mostly named for minerals. the English names for the minerals. which are mostly derived from a combination of Latin and Place Names. ... for places that don't exist yet at that point. (seriously, this pattern is so solid that you almost may as well read the 'ium' ending as English for 'base element' (rather than latin for place or city (i'm not sure which))... I know this is canon or canon based, but it's still absurd.

anyway, nicely written and your fic continues enjoyably. keep it up :)
RyanEX chapter 8 . 8/11/2012
Chapters like this make you realise how deep the Sailor Moon MANGA universe was, as opposed to the little girl tripe the dubbers served you.

Though I wonder if you're going to have them return to their own time after spending two...or is it three years where they are already. Also you could probably go a bit more into Ranma's mental state after spending so much time as his female form, and the fact that your wording indicates that he may have been approached by more than a few men.
107 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »