Reviews for Mutual Benefit
ShinyBlackwolf chapter 10 . 4/27
So much awesomeness in just one fic!
Berry Doyle chapter 10 . 2/6
That was certainly exciting. And intriguing at the end.
Crest of Determination chapter 1 . 7/5/2014
Okay here's the review I promised.

Once again, Taiki is much too weak in this. Whilst I don't mind strong characters becoming weakened by circumstances, I feel Taiki has way too much going for him to just pretend. He does not pretend in the series. He is stupidly honest and doesn't think things through as Akari so often tells us through her fretting.

Although, yes Taiki is very forgiving but Ryouma being the one there seems a bit strange. Where are the others? Ryouma was written much more in character, I feel. When it came to his dialogue and his words, I could imagine the Ryouma I remember from Hunters and the way he would possibly feel after hurting Taiki like he did.

But I feel this fic is a bit of a forced attempt to show Taiki/Ryouma which I'm guessing is the main pairing of this fic. Don't really see them together but that's not my issue here. I can read any pairing as long as it's well written. This however is very forced.
Superior-Creativity chapter 9 . 7/13/2013
Amazing job with this one. Can't wait for the next.
Sedaiv chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
Dang, I'm not too familiar with this version of Digimon. I stopped around the time of Bio-Merge. So you'll need to forgive me as I'm lost a little bit.

Call me anal: but try not to use (notes like this) it doesn't look good. It looks very beginnerish. There's nothing wrong with this, sure it can be hard, to figure out, if the setence is run on or not.

Ruling that out, I'm a little lost on the story as to how the mother got attacked viciously however it does look like a sub-plot that'll get revealed eventually. But I was able to follow it completely and it took me a few minutes in getting into the story itself. It is an enjoyable story and the time put in so far looks very well done.
Superior-Creativity chapter 8 . 11/22/2012
Truly awesome!
Sgt Rypht chapter 8 . 11/20/2012
BAGRAMON! *cough cough*

Whew. Sorry about that! I could contain my inner fanboy when I read him talking. I don’t think that I have informed you that I have been reading along to this story pretty well. I think a lot of the fans of the series love how you take some of the more obscure characters and develop their personalities a lot more. For example, Ren. I wasn’t a huge fan of him in the series itself, but when you right him, I believe he becomes one of my favorite characters.

I don’t think people give you enough credit for writing Tagiru. He’s a character that a lot of people sort of over-dramatize with good reason. His character is hard to contain into a story setting while keeping him true to his character. If you aren’t careful in a story, you can make Tagiru more annoying than he intended to be or totally miss his mark altogether. So I think that you needed a bit of a pat on the back for handling his character thus far so well.

I think you handled battle scenes pretty well. Some clarity might be needed here and there. Sometimes it feels like the battle gets a bit fogged into the rest of your scene. Your writing style gets a bit overwhelming to read on top of a battle. Thus some of the intensity of the battle tends to get lost on the mix. I would suggest trying to get a bit more simplistic when it comes to a battle, because your natural narration and dialogue talent carries the scene. So, keep that in mind for the next fray.

Your Ryouma is mad awesome by the way. You can’t help but respect what you did to his character. Every time I see his character in your story, I forget that he wasn’t that awesome in the anime!

Of course, like Sakura no Umi said, you write Shoutmon like a BOSS. I would love for you to write the script for the dub if it wasn’t catered to a lower aged audience. That is how good I think you write him.

Overall, keep up the good work!
Sakura no Umi chapter 8 . 11/19/2012
"Kiriha was having a lot of trouble believing his friend had been dragged into multiple world problems for a third time and hadn't said anything."

Kiriha you clearly don't know Taiki. His two biggest traits are: Don't turn your back on others, and don't make other people worry/drag them into unnecessary harm.

God I love how you write Shoutmon!
Sakura no Umi chapter 7 . 8/31/2012
Is this verse and Tamers loosely connected? Valkyrimon is a Deva I do believe and Shoutmon talks about having to help destroy it which makes me believe this is coinciding with a Tamers AU.
Superior-Creativity chapter 6 . 7/30/2012
Very nice chapter.
Sakura no Umi chapter 6 . 7/27/2012
So many cool interactions this chapter of characters coming to know each other. Loved Ren and Shoutmon's scene along with Taiki and Ryouma's.

My latest speculation now is that either Taiki's dad also died and Taiki couldn't save him, or something happened to him that caused him to change and become either the mysterious man or linked to the mysterious man.

Also surprisingly I wasn't confused like I expected to be after the warning in the beginning. Therefore you did an excellent job in writing this chapter (not that you ever don't do an excellent job)
Sakura no Umi chapter 5 . 6/28/2012
Comment box at the bottom of the page is not conducive to how I review. Sorry I just had to get that frustration out of the way. On to the actual review content.

I love Ren and his characterization in this chapter. I also like how this seems to be a common occurrence of all hell breaking loose at Ryouma's house and Ren having to go handle it.

Also all of Ren's troublesome lines make me think of Shikamaru form Naruto

Shoutmon's speech to Ren was the best thing ever. Especially Shoutmon explaining how he became a badass.

So Ryouma is punishing himself for the whole being controlled thing, but what about Taiki. His "I can't turn my back on you" syndrome was in response to the kid who died when he was young. I hardly doubt he's still punishing himself for that. Is he punishing himself for something canon or something that is your story specific?
Berry Doyle chapter 5 . 6/26/2012
Well that was gruesome. But I agree, not M rated.

Shoutmon's speech was really well done. Good job.
NeoHydra77 chapter 4 . 6/22/2012
I couldn't stop reading until I got to the final chapter... and wow on both Ryouma and Taiki's part! I originally thought I had an idea as to how some parts of the story goes but this chapter made everything do a 180. Now I'm just waiting for the next one!
Sakura no Umi chapter 4 . 5/31/2012
Aww Culumon is so adorable!

What! Where the hell did Ryouma get a gun? Ah never mind I read more. So this evolving is more like materializing things like guns and purple fire.

Okay how did Taiki get past Yuu and Tagiru? Well he is the king of many talents but I highly doubt he just Judo flipped the two. Maybe he just has teleportation power. Its completely logical with Ryouma's whole I can make a gun out of thin air.