Reviews for Dreams of if only
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 8/3/2014
Alas, he's quite right about Lily-she'll be able to forgive "Don't make me hex you, Lily" when it comes from a rich, handsome pureblood, but never, ever, the M word when it comes from a poor loser.

Too bad he didn't find someone who really did love him.
sfjoellen chapter 1 . 12/14/2013
wow.. i would never have done that. snape on fire, snape dismembered, snape fritters with jalapeno dressing... all good clean fun. snape poem? not so much..

just so creepy to remember writing terrible stuff to some girl whose name i don't remember 50 years later..
Snape5 chapter 1 . 5/17/2013
This is very good. I know it's meant to be funny but it's to sad. I just want to hug Teen-Snape better.
Vera Rozalsky chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
Here from the Snapoetry thread on the Teachers' Lounge forum.

Nothing so difficult as to write badly in an artful cause, and you've pulled it off here, as well as the long-distance time-turner trip none of us want (back to being a teenager). The final line... the poetry might be bad, but the feeling is real.
StarkidHufflepuff chapter 1 . 5/9/2012
:,-)

Beautiful.

Snapoetry, really?
Schermionie chapter 1 . 5/9/2012
Snape? A poet?

I've had to read this a couple of times just to take the idea in. I think you characterised Snape... erm... well, even so, along with everyone else. I also couldn't find any errors, though personally, I did find the shifting tenses a little jarring.

It's a relief for me that this is under the parody genre, as I'm finding myself incapable of taking Severus's sorrow seriously. The poem is artfully awful - full of teenage angst and grandiose romantic clichés. I thought it was fantastic.

However, loved it as I did, my favourite line wouldn't be from the poem. It would have to be this sentence:

'He shuts his book with a bang that everyone ignores (typical – he is always ignored), and exits the Great Hall with a swirl of his robes that also makes no impression on anyone.'

So melodramatic Sev, even then! Plus, it's true that that kind of thing feels far more impressive than it looks. -sighs in painful reminiscence-

Anyway, thanks for the fun read. My only hope is that poet!Severus doesn't enter my (serious) headcanon... that could only lead to bad, bad places.

~S
93 Diagon Alley chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
Awww :(

That poem was beautiful.
silverbirch chapter 1 . 4/13/2012
That was so sweet! A lovely poem, too.
chelseyb chapter 1 . 4/13/2012
So perfectly teenage Snape. 24 minutes? Are you kidding me?
respitechristopher chapter 1 . 4/13/2012
*snif* That was beautiful. The poetry was perfectly over-the-top and dreadful as from any 15 year old, and the interior monologue had just the right amount of self-loathing and drama. Baroquely gorgeous. Brava.
Witherwings01 chapter 1 . 4/13/2012
I did ask, and you TOTALLY delivered. That was wicked. Boredom alleviated.
Rose of the West chapter 1 . 4/13/2012
Great setup of his state of mind, and the poem is lovely. Poor guy.

You should write more "little things on the spur of the moment."