Reviews for Secrets and Lies
Sandy chapter 1 . 5/16
Well written, true to the characters as imagined by Ms. Bujold. And an interesting explanation of how such a frivolous party animal as By Vorrutyer wound up as an undercover agent for ImpSec. I liked it.
TreacleMineRoad chapter 1 . 1/18/2014
the recruitment of Byerley Vorrutyer! Another great missing scene here! More By is always very fun!
triggerpoints chapter 1 . 11/7/2013
Thanks for filling in how By got his ImpSec job!
the Dah chapter 1 . 6/12/2013
This is brilliant! Especially how you managed to sneak in even Ekaterin and Tien there. Heh. All in all, a quite probable way of how Byerly got his interesting job. Thanks for sharing!
Amanthya chapter 1 . 12/4/2012
By's reasoning was perfectly in character, and the connections were both clear and subtle, good job.

Though, while I was at first excited at what appeared to be an indirect mention of Ekaterin, I'm not sure it made sense to see the Vorsoissons there. Also, at the same party was a "Vortienne" - was the last name inspired by Tien's first name? That must have been awkward for them...
NanC chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
oh, I quite enjoyed this one, as well. A bit of wit is always welcome! This was a very good 'backstory' piece to how By came to be in his position as an intelligencer. Write more, please! ~~NanC
Jamafanta chapter 1 . 4/13/2012
I really enjoyed this. By is a character that comes off a bit too 2-dimensional in the books - the lovable miscreant with a heart of gold - and I love stories which give him a bit more depth. You've done it particularly well here, with his boredom & brilliance and dissatisfaction with his lot in life. Thanks!