Reviews for Memento Mori
ArchangelsTalons chapter 8 . 1/24
This is probably the best story I have read in a long, long time! Just unbelievably well written and so believable. I just... no words, none at all.
floelfe57 chapter 8 . 5/26/2014
another good story! I love the idea of a ghost haunting Daiba. poor kid, a very trouble maker. I like the different points of view, a bit of mystery and saddness, a lot of fun. there just a few stories with Daiba in French and I'm very happy to understand english because it would be a shame to pass yours stories!
Cheshishishire chapter 8 . 5/15/2014

OMG SALUTEEEEEE
bloodandpepper chapter 1 . 3/30/2014
First of all:
Damn you!
This story really got me on so many levels, I can hardly tell. I'm always a fan of well-written fanfiction, no matter which fandom I cruise, but in all honesty: I've given up upon finding one, as enjoyable as yours in THIS fandom decades ago. Most of the fans are male and speak/write french (and my french is lousy beyond repair), so your story was some kind of jackpot. It's in the middle of the night and I've read hours and hours, laughed and cried and are once more sure, that fanfiction can indeed be literature. All jokes you put in your author's notes aside: You are a quality writer. YOU ARE. You've managed to portrait such a wide spectrum of characterization of each protagonist and kept them in character at the same time - that alone is worth some praise. And you managed a fine plot with an well-paced dramaturgy. I really didn't see that grand finale coming, did I. It should've been obvious, that only Harlock would be able to free Zero - but it wasn't. That freeing 'Bang' scene could have been cheesy at the hands of any other writer, but you kept it bitter, yet liberating. So, to sum it all up: You've made me happy. Please continue writing those adorable idiots, even if your main target group out there is microscopic !
Tsumimaru chapter 8 . 12/30/2013
Thank you for this story ! I really really love it !
honeydew chapter 7 . 8/17/2013
Really, really enjoyed reading this, hope you continue it!
Aerandir Linaewen chapter 4 . 6/14/2012
Hey!

Thanks for this new chapter! It explains some things about Zero, and I appreciate the way you describe his inner battle to fight the "Master".

I'm now waiting the next chapter!

patnkatz chapter 4 . 6/11/2012
You made me laugh in this chapter. You are right - Warius is not better off dead... But I'm glad that Harlock was left alive. And, no, Warius would not have beaten Harlock in a swordfight. Trust me on this one. Not unless Harlock knew that by throwing the fight it would save Warius. Then, he'd throw it without looking as if he'd thrown it. He's complicated that way...

This is a plausable story, but then, how did Harlock escape the "Master". Rather Whovian...?
patnkatz chapter 3 . 6/10/2012
I am liking this fanfic more and more. I really like the fact that Warius is messing with Daiba! This is fun... AH, but there is still a mystery, isn't there? Look forward to the next chapter with pleasure.
Aerandir Linaewen chapter 3 . 6/10/2012
Hi!

I still enjoy your story and appreciated this new chapter very much. Daiba is trying to be strong, and Zero... well, there are many questions about Zero.

I enjoyed also how you describe Harlock, the 'you don't know what he knows exactly' man. I guess he has some ideas, but I suppose he cannot imagine there is a ghost aboard his ship.

Hope the next chapter will come soon.

Aerandir Linaewen chapter 2 . 4/16/2012
Well, that's a good chater 2. Explains some mysteries, shows new problems... I wonder how Daiba will deal with his little "ghost problem" now...

Good job, and hope the next chapter will come soon!
patnkatz chapter 1 . 4/13/2012
I have read chapter 1 and am awaiting chapter 2... I really enjoyed having Daiba's point of view and the whole confusion thing. I think that it played well off of the confusion of the piece and Daiba himself.

I do have to agree though, Warius Zero dead. :( However, since continuity isn't exactly a Masumotoan strength, hey, anything goes!

I am liking this voice well. And as A. says, no one else has borrowed Daiba's voice. Bravo!
Aerandir Linaewen chapter 1 . 4/13/2012
Hello!

First, I have to say that I really, really enjoyed to have Daiba point of view! You are the first author doing that here, that's wonderful (it's great to have something new ')

This chapter was very interesting. Sometimes a bit confusing, indeed, but it's also Daiba's confusion and that confusion makes the chapter interesting (I'm not sure... Am I not a little bit confusing just before?... Ah, english...). By the way, some mysteries are revealed at the end (who is the 'second voice'?), but many questions remain.

I will wait impatiently for the next chapter.

A.

(sure, Kei is doing all the work aboard. It's obvious. Men only think to fight and drink - yes, even the captain )
iloveharlock chapter 1 . 4/13/2012