Reviews for Ataru's Christmas Carol
phazonwarrior05 chapter 4 . 5/14/2011
hey OMG whit this story you kill me it is like a fatality ataru really see that he love lum and this time everyone else learned a lesson i like the part of ataru cartman it was funny and when ataru see how lum was i her UFO i almost cry he keep going writing you have a good talent dont wasted it
Rodrick chapter 1 . 11/11/2007
i love this story and my kid an alien ... wait a sec do my kid an alien happen after this one ? i mean the story take place after ataru agree to marry lum ? so is that story the sequel to ataru christmas carol ?
Irony-chan chapter 4 . 8/19/2002
That, my friend, was absolutely freakin' hysterical. I loved the 'you mean I'm DEAD?' bit and the 'Back to the Future' jokes. I wish I could give you a more constructive review, but I really can't think of anything that needs changing.
Sean Gaffney chapter 1 . 6/11/2002
Gotta agree with Damien - it's not the Ataru stealing plot that bothers me as much as the rather obvious way of going about it. Ataru's scams are more clever than this. He's single-minded, to be sure, but quite devious as well.

And yes, an 'Ataru learns how stupid he's been' story ignores the fact that in UY, everyone is stupid. Lum, Ataru, Shinobu, Mendou, Sakura... all of them are easily enraged and suckered by almost ANYTHING, and utterly unable to see reason. This is for comedy purposes, of course, but does make things difficult when an author tries to write a fanfic with real world repercussions.
Damien chapter 1 . 5/30/2002
I'll come to the writer's defense somewhat...

In the anime and to a degree in the manga, Ataru is quite willing to swindle people out of the money, for ex. the Miss Tomobiki Contest. That being said the Santa bit was a bit too obvious and base scam for Ataru. Maybe getting the babes to sit in his lap though.

The point I found *completely implausible* was Ataru said he wouldn't mind Lum being dead. Even if you don't believe he has feelings for her, at the very least Lum is a babe and Ataru would not wish harm on *any* girl. Even the female students of Tomobiki admitt to that.

As others have said the story needs evening out. Ataru may be a jerk at times, but there are no saints in the UY storyline.
Thialfi chapter 1 . 5/29/2002
Come on! Ataru is NOT a thief. Look I my not be Ataru's biggest fan but I think Lum has had this comeing for the entire series.
AtaruMoroboshi18 chapter 1 . 5/28/2002
Listen to Gorgo on this one, people hurt Ataru all the time and sometimes it's for no good reason at all, also in all the anime and manga that I've seen, I've never seen or heard of Ataru stealing before.
Pyeknu chapter 1 . 5/28/2002
Oh, please! Could you TRY to make this a more balanced story? I really hate it when people write stories where Ataru has to learn his lessons and everyone else learns nothing!