Reviews for Making a Difference
excellent
bonne continuation

un lecteur fran├žais
Basill chapter 14 . 5/7/2013
Oh my. I think I just woke my house mates I was laughing so hard. I nearly fell off my bed and I still have tears in my eyes! Wonderfully done! Bravo! I give you a prompt 110 out of a possible 1-10.
hugp1x chapter 14 . 5/7/2013
I'm enjoying the story, even though it has a crack-ish feel to it, however, I also have a few gripes:

The first one you kind of addressed in this chapter - Harry ignoring his siblings. They may as well not be in the story at this rate, but its more than that. They're siblings. Brothers beat on each other, older brothers dote on their younger sisters (until they become teenagers, in which case they beat on them too unless you get them worshiping you before that! lol). Sibling love is easily shown more through actions, I think, and it would add another dimension to Harry's character other than annoying little twat.

Secondly, this story reads like a diary of Harry Potter. There should be some kind of overarching plot to keep the pages turning or it'll get stale fast.

Finally, yes, Harry being a dick can be funny, but even reading it I get tired of him. I couldn't imagine how much of a twat I'd think he is if I had to go to school with him for a year and he was as in my face as he seems to be with his attitude. That's fine though, he doesn't need to be likable.

It's annoying, however, when, even though he's always a dick, people still love him (aside from healers, weirdly). A lot more people blowing him off or ignoring him completely because he's an insufferable little twat would be funny as well. You're never too 'old' to be humbled, if he cared at all, that is.
alex.rushing.5 chapter 14 . 5/7/2013
Oh god this is an awesome read!
ssmith1978 chapter 14 . 5/7/2013
I'm really enjoying this story and look forward to future chapters!
Gwenlynn chapter 14 . 5/7/2013
A nice story and given that Harry is a grown up survivor of the war and student of Flamel explains the Harry Stu'ness. I liked that you had him weakened to make him less uber. I also like what you did to magical Runes, it is nice to develop some underused magics.

I was hoping that Neville would be more impressive as he is after all the destined one. I am puzzled however with Harry's behavior. His sarcasm and unnatural prowess for a third year will surely attract unwanted and dangerous attention. Voldemort being the least dangerous one.

Anyway, can't wait for next chapter.
bakapervert chapter 14 . 5/6/2013
Thanks for the update.
stonegnome1 chapter 13 . 5/6/2013
"A representative of the Defense must be present when an offer to settle is made." Gilderoy perked up and straightened his posture. Harry grinned like a Cheshire cat.

"And the Defense," his eyes darted to Harry, "agreed to this?" Lockhart asked skeptically.
Fudge cleared his throat loudly. "The Defense pushed for this."

I was rereading the story and noticed this. Do you mean a representative of the prosecution. Harry is not part of the defense team.
Hanabi hyuuga chapter 14 . 5/6/2013
OMG yes! FUCKING YES I completely thought this was abandoned
Lord worth chapter 14 . 5/6/2013
cool chapter waiting for the next...
RRW chapter 14 . 5/6/2013
Man, I LOVE this story! Voldie is after Harry...not good, but this Harry is trained by Nicolas so I doubt he will be ready for this child. After this, Harry better train his brother and sister as this is starting to become serious.
dogsby chapter 14 . 5/6/2013
Impressive, maybe Harry will teach his Siblings to fight, after all, lol!
mliyanagamage chapter 14 . 5/6/2013
Excellent chapter,... Looking forward to more
Penny is wise chapter 14 . 5/6/2013
Awesome chapter.
shugokage chapter 14 . 5/6/2013
Wow incredible chapter and amazing duels and fights!
497 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 .. Last Next »