Reviews for To Trap, To Snare
Puggle chapter 1 . 4/7/2013
Incredible. Thank you for sharing.
YourMCee chapter 1 . 5/1/2012
Oh, VERY nicely done! Nice prose and balance of dialogue and narration- good for something of this length. If anything, maybe I could have wanted a little more elaboration in some passages, but I think it's forgivable as this could be seen as a "memoir", where our minds decide to be as selective as they want to be... or WE want them to be.

I'll admit, first-person stories are generally not my cup of tea, but I realize that John's Point of View is a common one and even canonically written, but... perhaps that is just me then, and I like to leave the first person to the professionals. You did very well, nonetheless! Maybe... kind of in the middle, for what I'd expect from the same passage written from a 3rd person or a 1st person perspective. Sometimes John's viewpoint seems a little too objective, in my opinion, such as the "He wasn't lying" paragraph. True, it is told from his perspective, with something that a narrator would not be able to say, but the voice that you use is somewhat... detached. I mean, he should be at least fairly distraught by the accuracy of this stranger- maybe a bit of panic, dumbfounded disbelief? It felt distant for my tastes- again, like I said, somewhat more of a 3rd person emotion. Maybe that's what you were going for here for John's character, but just maybe something to consider. (If in doubt, you can always do my favourite thing- third person narrative, with first person interjections in italics. The best of both!)

Plot was good- interesting thing to choose, nicely executed (no pun intended). But ooh, would that ever be a nice twist? Sherlock's obviously not a gold-star prisoner... what if his twenty-three life sentences got bumped up to a trip down death row? How would the dear Reverend feel about that? Maybe (ab)use a bit of his superiority to talk about how a life does not equal a life... or just go all angsty after this prisoner of interest gets put six feet under. Ooh, that'd be a nice one to read.

That's my two cents. TL;DR : Enjoyable.
Nargles in my purple socks chapter 1 . 4/30/2012
. . . If John had never come along . . .

Man, wonder if Sherlock would have really done this! He might. He gets bored so easily. Great job!
zizou chapter 1 . 4/26/2012
Oh, dear. That was a perfect mindfuck if I ever saw one. Incredible story. Probably the most impressive one-shot I've ever read.
HowlynMad chapter 1 . 4/20/2012
Oh wow, brilliantly played. The characters are still inherently Sherlock and John but almost archetypes of themselves... kewl.
Fusterya chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
Please, please, PLEASE!

Dont' let this one be a one-shot!

Change it! I love it, I wanna read more!

Pleeeeeeeease!
lttlbrat93 chapter 1 . 4/15/2012
PLease more part me wants to know if some how Sherlock and John could get together or Sherlock broke out of jail because John wasnt a chaplin anymore. PLEASE MORE
HaylisNocturne chapter 1 . 4/14/2012
This is kinda really awesome - where did you get this idea? I love it, but equally, I'd love more of it! Your writing syle is interesting and engaging- thumbs up!
power0girl chapter 1 . 4/13/2012
Huh! You have taken all the aspects of 'Silence of the Lambs' that made it an amazing movie and made it sexy to boot! Unbelievable. Please keep it coming.

Ta