Reviews for To Trap, To Snare
Puggle chapter 1 . 4/7/2013
Incredible. Thank you for sharing.
YourMCee chapter 1 . 5/1/2012
Oh, VERY nicely done! Nice prose and balance of dialogue and narration- good for something of this length. If anything, maybe I could have wanted a little more elaboration in some passages, but I think it's forgivable as this could be seen as a "memoir", where our minds decide to be as selective as they want to be... or WE want them to be.

I'll admit, first-person stories are generally not my cup of tea, but I realize that John's Point of View is a common one and even canonically written, but... perhaps that is just me then, and I like to leave the first person to the professionals. You did very well, nonetheless! Maybe... kind of in the middle, for what I'd expect from the same passage written from a 3rd person or a 1st person perspective. Sometimes John's viewpoint seems a little too objective, in my opinion, such as the "He wasn't lying" paragraph. True, it is told from his perspective, with something that a narrator would not be able to say, but the voice that you use is somewhat... detached. I mean, he should be at least fairly distraught by the accuracy of this stranger- maybe a bit of panic, dumbfounded disbelief? It felt distant for my tastes- again, like I said, somewhat more of a 3rd person emotion. Maybe that's what you were going for here for John's character, but just maybe something to consider. (If in doubt, you can always do my favourite thing- third person narrative, with first person interjections in italics. The best of both!)

Plot was good- interesting thing to choose, nicely executed (no pun intended). But ooh, would that ever be a nice twist? Sherlock's obviously not a gold-star prisoner... what if his twenty-three life sentences got bumped up to a trip down death row? How would the dear Reverend feel about that? Maybe (ab)use a bit of his superiority to talk about how a life does not equal a life... or just go all angsty after this prisoner of interest gets put six feet under. Ooh, that'd be a nice one to read.

That's my two cents. TL;DR : Enjoyable.
Nargles in my purple socks chapter 1 . 4/30/2012
. . . If John had never come along . . .

Man, wonder if Sherlock would have really done this! He might. He gets bored so easily. Great job!
zizou chapter 1 . 4/26/2012
Oh, dear. That was a perfect mindfuck if I ever saw one. Incredible story. Probably the most impressive one-shot I've ever read.
HowlynMad chapter 1 . 4/20/2012
Oh wow, brilliantly played. The characters are still inherently Sherlock and John but almost archetypes of themselves... kewl.
Fusterya chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
Please, please, PLEASE!

Dont' let this one be a one-shot!

Change it! I love it, I wanna read more!

lttlbrat93 chapter 1 . 4/15/2012
PLease more part me wants to know if some how Sherlock and John could get together or Sherlock broke out of jail because John wasnt a chaplin anymore. PLEASE MORE
HaylisNocturne chapter 1 . 4/14/2012
This is kinda really awesome - where did you get this idea? I love it, but equally, I'd love more of it! Your writing syle is interesting and engaging- thumbs up!
power0girl chapter 1 . 4/13/2012
Huh! You have taken all the aspects of 'Silence of the Lambs' that made it an amazing movie and made it sexy to boot! Unbelievable. Please keep it coming.