Reviews for There are no easy beginnings
Casy13 chapter 12 . 10/22/2014
So, I just finished all the other stories you wrote, including this one, obviously.
Before I started reading fanfiction, almost 8 years ago, I think, TBMG was the first storyline I started making up my own stories about, so actually reading good stories that fall in the same arc is a pleasure and you already know how much I enjoy your writing.
When I started reading fanfiction, and back then only in german, there wasn't really anything good around and my own pityful exercises at writing didn't help either I guess. That's why I only started reading TBMG-fanfiction now again. I didn't really have any hope to find something good. I'm glad that you proved me a fool.
Just to stop my gushing. I really love the end of this story. The worst part in Canavans series was always that Akkarin never got to meet his child. I'm glad you rectified that!
All my love and I'm looking forward to reading more from your from now until forever!
laiaf chapter 5 . 6/9/2014
Marvellous, you are totally right, I also want more of this in the books!
Guest chapter 12 . 2/5/2014
Wow what a great story. I felt like I was reading the actual book. You kept with the personality of all the characters. I love Trudy Canavan as an author but I wish for a different ending to The Dark Magicians trilogy. You delivered.
ConstanceScully chapter 12 . 10/13/2013
Just wanted to let you know how great this piece of writing is. I shall be taking this version forward in my mind rather than the actual book ending which broke my heart. Thankyou.
kazu chapter 5 . 6/25/2013
I loved this! and yes we wanted more of this! beautifully and sensitively written
Shadowwolf1618 chapter 12 . 5/26/2013
I sobbed grossly at the end of this story. Kind of like how I sobbed at the end of the actual books but this story doubled its efforts up. You have such great storytelling abilities 3
Atlas Gryffis chapter 12 . 2/24/2013
Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.
Magicherry chapter 12 . 10/28/2012
awwww the ending was just so sweet! Good story.
Laura Scofield chapter 12 . 9/15/2012
I think its been over 2 weeks since I managed to come on this site, but my first priority was to catch up with your writing. Truly, you somehow managed to give this story a fitting ending- not overly fluffy as with many fanfics when romance is involved, but you captured the emotions in a truthful and heartfelt manner. You made me feel so overjoyed at the end for Sonea and Akkarin, after all the obstacles and trials they faced, they can finally enjoy a well-deserved happy ending. As for Alya, I loved that she was proud and strong to the last, and I cannot think of any other OC that has made half as much impression on me as she has.

Thank you so much for a wonderful ride, and for sharing your incredible storytelling talents with us all :D
Little Curious Cat chapter 12 . 9/9/2012
The previous reply was mine. I got a bit confused with the system for posting reviews and clicked the button 'Post Review', convinced that the site would then offer me the option to sign in. It didn't, however, so I felt an obligation to re-post it to reveal the identity behind it. The review was as follows:

"It's sad that this story is over now. I really enjoyed reading it, and would deeply appreciate it if you wrote one detailing their son's upbringing. I was kind of disappointed when in TAM he was, poof, a grown-up. It would be nice to read about his years as a child, and a teenager. How others regard him, being the son of the Black Magicians. Also his relations with his parents, it could be fun to read how Akkarin and Sonea deal with a rebellious teenager, especially in your incredibly enjoyable writing style. I hope I inspired some plot-bunnies in your mind, and that there will be such a story soon :)"
Guest chapter 12 . 9/9/2012
Lady chapter 12 . 9/8/2012
I loced your story! Really well written!
thoughtsareconstellations chapter 12 . 9/6/2012
Hey! Sorry I didn't review earlier, but this is for the last two chapters, okay?

So, for last week's, I really, really liked it, but the dialogue was just a little bit on the stiff side. Compared to your story up to that point, they were so formal... But that is really all I have to criticise, I love your wedding setup und the way you portrayed their emotions and thoughts!

For the epilogue: Just beautiful. So wonderfully quiet and thoughtful, without big excitement or twists but nonetheless a necessary and perfectly executed chapter. Wow, that sounds clumsy. But I hope you know what I mean...

Love,
Jojo
Nhu Angel chapter 12 . 9/6/2012
perfect, love this so much
especially as with the conclusion of the trilogy
hope you have another bmt plan soon
Cutiepiekyo chapter 12 . 9/6/2012
Awwwwww that was such a lovely ending for this story :'D I'm glad you gave Akkarin that moment. I really missed seeing father/son bonding in the Traitor Spy Trilogy, so its lovely that even if its in fanfiction he gets to dote on his son.
I'm sad that this fic has ended now, it was always a delight to see that it had been updated and I'll miss Sonea and Akkarin's adventures. But hopefully you'll go ahead with the Akkarin pov plan and I'll be able to fall in love with you all over again ;) It has been a real pleasure reading this fic! Until next time (hopefully), see ya :D