Reviews for Swallow the Shadows
iFanboy chapter 12 . 1/19
I cried so hard the past three chapters, this story is so good with an amazing happy ending. Thank you :)
Shootingstarlz chapter 12 . 8/8/2014
Finally read this chapter and ohmygosh I. Loved. It. Thank you so much for the story, I love it too :) It may not have stuck fully to Grimmjow's character but don't care it was very powerful and touching all the same. Thank you again!
Cyanide-And-Strawberries chapter 12 . 6/30/2014
*Scrubs a hand over her eyes* I wasn't crying at all, me, crying from happiness? I'd never!
On another note, I think you've ruined me for any other ship... Oh dear...
Misc. Ink chapter 12 . 2/17/2014
So, I read the first chapter of this FOREVER AGO, (had to have been at LEAST a year) and finally came back to it and finished it. And I must say...IT WAS AMAZING!

I had this idea in my head where this was gonna go after chapter 1, and went in this totally different direction and you had all these great elements and ideas. Like, I thought it would focus on ghosts or maybe generic demons, but I was not expected an Incubus or the dreamwalker at all! And I thought Shirosaki would be the big black shadow at the beginning, so having him come in later and be this protective, WHITE entity that guarded over and loved Grimmjow was such a wonderful surprise.

The odds between Grimmjow and his father were well done, and the vision at the end of his father going through what he did *gasp!* I felt pissed off for the man. I get what his father was trying to do, but he fucked up so bad and did exactly what he was trying to prevent. I wonder what made Grimmjow's dad special to the creature, and if he followed Grimmjow because he felt the connection between them. And I wonder...was the dreamwalker the shadowy creature? There were definite similarities between them, like no sounds being made, the ageless-ness, them being cautious but having no true fear...were they the same thing?

I liked how you brought Isshin into this, and the little cameo for Ichigo was nice. I thought it was interesting how you had Grimmjow's boss be such a nice, concerned man, but you never gave him a name or really described him. He and Isshin were just "good, gentle men" to Grimmjow, which was a great description. It contrasted to his own father and the evil haunting him very well.

This was just a wonderful story and I am so glad I came back to it and finished it. You are one of my favorite authors and you always have a great depth and detail to your work, but the concepts vary and are kept interesting. I look forward to reading more of your work :)
Baskets chapter 12 . 1/7/2014
Oh man. Got thoroughly sucked into this beautiful story. Love how you write, how it flows.
Love your characters, they are all solid.
And enjoyed shiro and couldn't decide if it was ulquiorra you were describing as dreamwalker.
But anyway.
Fantastic story.

Always nice to see a softer side to these characters.
HollowJay19 chapter 12 . 12/14/2013
man i love happy ending *cries a waterfall* bravo!
Theoris chapter 12 . 12/10/2013
Wow. I was so glad to find an update on this that I reread it again almost in one sitting. Amazing last chapter and a worthy ending to a no less than marvelous story. Seriously, every chapter so far was indeed a treat of their own, but somehow you just magically took it to a whole new level with this last one. Absolutely wonderful. I can't even begin to described how much I've enjoyed this. You're such a great writer and a huge inspiration. I've been here for a long time and your works are easily among my absolute favorites. Damn, I'm impressed. And grateful. Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us all. And well done with your go at writing in first person. You nailed it with no problem at all; it was so well-written and genuine all the way through. Ah, sorry. I suppose I can write here all night. I'd like to leave you with one last thing though - I know that you probably have a lot of other things and ideas to work on in your spare time, but I just want you to know that I'm still eagerly waiting for you to continue with 'Twisted' and 'Dangerous'. If you don't plan on updating them soon I understand, but know that I don't mind waiting. Especially if the resumption is anywhere near as good as it was this time. Take care, ShadowThorne. And thanks again.
Michele Azure chapter 12 . 11/18/2013
Amazing. I felt the desperation and helplessness at the beginning of the chapter and was rooting for Grimm to find his power when facing the dreamwalker. Grimm's journey throughout this fic was tumultuous and heart wrenching and reading along as he persevered through his hardships was nail biting, but I loved every minute of it. Now they can finally be together and hopefully Grimmjow can harness and understand his power and protect both of them from now on. Thanks for a great story!
jakondas chapter 12 . 11/15/2013
This has been one of my favourite stories to read. I love the first person point of view, the world-making you've done here, and the relationship between the two main characters. It's so very, very well done. The ending (and the Dreamwalker in general) was a treat. I've really enjoyed this one, and hope you have more on the horizon, even if it means long-assed waits between chapters and all that jazz.
hichi123 chapter 12 . 11/13/2013
SEQUEAL OMG
Cody Zik chapter 12 . 11/12/2013
Oh, Shadow! The ending was wonderful! It really had me going, with all the twists and turns. And it kinda leaves you with the idea to "live with your demons." Coming from my own past of dealing with demons - both personal and supernatural - I really find that this story struck home. Simply another fabulous piece. The emotions run wild here, and it's amazing how you're able to capture all of it. Practically brought me to tears and pulling out my hair. I hope you're happy. I love it.

Cody Zik
Boogermeister chapter 12 . 11/12/2013
Great ending. Glad that you've finally finished it!
briar black death rose chapter 12 . 11/12/2013
awe what a sweet ending. Honestly, I thought Shiro would have went on a rampage or something when Grimmjow left his apartment for the first time.
VioletIsInPain chapter 12 . 11/12/2013
o.o i didn't need sleep tonight anyway...xD!

no but seriously, does the dream walker freak anybody else out like he does me?!

you had me on the edge of my seat for a while, i don't think Grimmjow or i would have been cool if Shiro just disappeared forever!

Shiro: 1 Dream walker: 0!
Hollow Ichigo-Ichigo chapter 12 . 11/11/2013
Hmm could u maybe do a oneshot? For when Shiro came back and all?