Reviews for Stranger
JashinsPriestess42 chapter 1 . 5/14/2014
This story was so incredibly freaky (in a good way of course) . . .

I think the worst part for me was when her husband was being killed and it says:

"Then man catches it with his mouth as it pours in the thick, red rivers towards Joe's collar.
The weather is so lovely, I swear I could fall asleep."

That section captured perfectly the incredible power Jasper has; her husband is being brutally murdered right before her eyes and all she can think about is the weather! In Twilight no one really thinks about all the terrible things Jasper could do with his power . . .

Ugh, I've got goosebumps! Great job!
idealskeptic chapter 1 . 2/1/2013
Wow. This is definitely of the best pre-Twilight stories I've read. It's got everything I love/need in a story; Jasper, history, culture, description, drama, and even a sort of happy ending.

I love that Jasper's there but he's not the story. You put the vampire story into a culture that it very much fits in and that makes it all the more special.

And I really love that he manipulated Catrina to be at ease and smiling when she died. And that she noticed him always looking so tired and weary. That's very Jasper.

Thanks for writing this!
GeezerWench chapter 1 . 9/17/2012
Well done!

You paint quite vivid pictures.

Seems the villagers rolled up the sidewalks and left Catrina and Joe out by themselves. Pity the villagers didn't think to warn the gringos. But perhaps it's better to sacrifice a couple tourists now and then.
Hisuiko chapter 1 . 6/11/2012
I loved this short story - great imagery, and build up to the final encounter with Jasper. Lovely descriptive writing!

Hugs

Hissy
LJ Summers chapter 1 . 6/7/2012
Oh my.

I. Love. This. This is a terrifically gripping story. The way you have Catrina feeling - the prey sensations, the fear...wow. The locals *know* what's up, I think. Soon, anyway. Like maybe they know of the blood-drinker who lives in the shadows, and they are happy enough to offer up the tourists to him to keep their own safe.

Yeah. I'm a fan. :) Thank you for writing this.