Reviews for High School Sweet Hearts
Wakko Warner 22 chapter 19 . 8/9/2013
This story was more interesting than I thought. God bless you!
SisterOfAnElvenWannabe chapter 2 . 6/28/2013
Good chapter, but I'km a little confused. In the first chapter you said Mary and Joseph had been ebst friends since they were four, but now you said he's 2 years older than her.
SisterOfAnElvenWannabe chapter 1 . 6/28/2013
Some of my youth group did a Christmas skit at our church with Mary and Joseph in high-school. Nice story!
squintessential chapter 1 . 2/12/2013
Hey, I thought I'd give your new version a try!

I like that you've added a lot more complexity to the characters' relationships and personalities right at the beginning. I'm not sure, but I think Mary's a bit different in this version; I didn't expect she'd be so confident and able to shut Melissa down like that.

I actually don't think you needed to include the paragraphs about Elizabeth liking Zachariah and feuding with Melissa. I think people could probably figure out those things just from how the characters acted. That's just me, though.
Carol Molliniere chapter 18 . 8/6/2012
Well...I liked the parts above but the Annunciation seemed to come kind of rushed. Oh well, great story, Heart.

Oh, and by the way, that thing about Lila telling everyone that Melissa was pregnant...that thing reminds me of a book my sister read. "How to Deal" by Sarah Dessen. Maybe you read that and you decided to incorporate it. Or maybe you didn't. Sorry for writing like this, I just feel a bit irked because now I need a new set of headphones. T-T

Anyway, hope you keep writing more stories!

Carol M.
rebe chapter 2 . 8/6/2012
I'M confused... blond moment...
xBunnyx chapter 4 . 7/21/2012
I think she should go with Joseph...he's cute!
squintessential chapter 18 . 7/22/2012
Hey, thanks for finishing this story. It felt good to reach an ending, even if that ending felt a bit rushed. And no, it didn't feel like it ended on a cliffhanger. I mean, we all know what happens next.

I honestly had no idea you were going to end with a biblical scene, though. I think it fit the rest of the story pretty well: after showing that she's a genuinely worthy person during high school, Mary finds out that she's received a greater reward than she could have ever imagined.

I'm not going to say that this last chapter was incredible. But for an author who had admitted to losing interest in the story, you did a pretty good job.
squintessential chapter 17 . 7/17/2012
Hey, I finally got around to checking out your latest chapter.

In response to your note: Thanks for all the effort you've put into this story. It has some well-designed characters with believable and consistent personalities (especially Elizabeth and Mary). Since you started it, I've always looked forward to the next installment. I have to echo Cam's comment, though. As someone with horrible writer's block (and a life outside of writing), I've given up on plenty of stories. There's no shame in it. If you aren't enjoying the writing anymore, then you shouldn't feel any pressure to continue.
Guest chapter 17 . 7/11/2012
I feel for Melissa. And yeah, Grace definitely has an attitude.
I'd like you to keep this story up, but author to author I totally understand if you want to quit.
I've kind of been abandoning one of my stories. Oops.
-Cam
kath660 chapter 4 . 7/10/2012
You have chosen a very interesting topic to write about, I love these kinds of stories :) but it feels a little rushed, maybe u could add some more detail for each event. So far I like how u made Mary a nice spiritual girl who puts god above everything else.
kath660 chapter 3 . 7/10/2012
One question, is this Peter the same as Peter the apostle?
squintessential chapter 16 . 7/8/2012
*Tsk tsk* That Lila is a bad, bad girl.

By the way, your writing quality went up in the second part of this chapter (the part after the header "End of School"). It's hard to explain why, but the characters' dialogue, gestures, and reactions seemed natural, flowed nicely, and fit their personalities well. Good job there.
Cammie Cassia Chase chapter 16 . 7/7/2012
I think it was just the preview that threw me off a little bit. Maybe I was just a little tired or something too, but it makes sense now. Thanks.
I can't wait for the next chapter, and Lila and Grace. Grace is your own character, right?
-Cam
LadyIfe chapter 16 . 7/7/2012
Hhjadjadfwsjzmkjsheqi!

Noooo what a major b**ch that Lila is omg! :( Y she no empathy for Melissa and I can't believe you're close to finishing this! ; n ; I literally squealed when I saw you updated, then again when I read it! You're so freaking amazing at writing! XD.

Ill try to wait patiently for the next chapter :).