Reviews for Somewhere I Belong
Siriusmunchkin chapter 16 . 1/16/2014
Go Bella! Edward is huge on honesty, so back to my question from last chapter. Would he have felt comfortable with keeping Bella's secret from his parents? My guess is a huge NO. So by not telling him Bella was protecting his integrity. So what is his biggest problem now? Is he still hurt by her lie of omission? Then he needs to grow up and get over it. He's going to be a doctor. Is he always going to be completely honest with his patients? Medicine is not always black and white. There are a lot of gray areas. There will be things about treatments or illnesses that he knows but maybe the patient doesn't need to know. In the interests of complete honesty is he going to tell them and make them worry when it's not necessary? Thinking a long talk with his father is in order here.
Siriusmunchkin chapter 15 . 1/16/2014
It's all out on the table now. I can completely understand Bella's reasoning for not telling Edward or his parents. And would Edward have felt comfortable keeping info like that from his parents? That should certainly be a part of his decision. Though I'm pretty sure he's going to make the right decision. After all he's not a stupid man, just a lot confused and hurt at the moment. So Alice and Jasper did meet and become smitten with each other. Did Rose and Emmett make a connection? Guessing Edward knows Bella, Sky, and Alice will be at Rose's party and is planning gluing himself to Bella all night. She really does need to pay more attention to her teachers and learning what they're trying to teach if she wants to make it through nursing school. Pretty sure ogling Edward is not part of the curriculum. Though that would probably be a really fun class. Can't wait to see why Edward cut his hair.
Siriusmunchkin chapter 14 . 1/16/2014
Ah, there just might be a light at the end of the tunnel and it's not an oncoming train. Men can be pretty stupid about little things, like just saying Rosalie was his cousin. That simple statement would have been easy. Men don't do easy so well. Neither do women as far as that goes. Most of the major players have met, but thinking that Alice and Jasper may not have met yet? And why not? Wouldn't he have been curious about the girl working with his sister? Kelsey is a piece of work. She just doesn't understand the meaning of no. Betting she will learn. And we still haven't heard anything from Charlie. Will we? Is he as self centered as his wife? Is he going to be willing to lose his daughter just because she doesn't agree with his political views? He doesn't seem to have been very involved in her life up to now. Will also be very interesting to hear Carlisle and Esme's reaction to Renee's basic disowning of her daughter. Still think Esme is going to tell Renee that she is a disgrace as a mother and parent. Would be even more fun to see her slap the shit out of Renee. But guessing that probably won't happen. The two are going to talk. Also wouldn't surprise me to find out Carlisle and Esme find a way to help Bella with her tuition. Like helping her get a job at the hospital for work study. Or maybe find a scholarship that only Bella is eligible for.
Siriusmunchkin chapter 13 . 1/16/2014
Renee behaved exactly as I suspected she would. Threatening her daughter's education to make her do what she wanted. Knew Bella wouldn't stand for that. She also did exactly as I figured she would. We still don't know if Charlie is going to support Renee in denying Bella her tuition and support. Hope he's not that cruel, but only time will tell. Really glad Edward overheard the conversation between Bella and her mother, and that Esme and Carlisle had their own conversation with Bella. Wouldn't surprise me if Esme gave Renee a piece of her mind about how she treated her daughter. Emmett is a very smart guy telling Edward he'd best get his act together and try to make up with Bella. Loved Renee's reaction to Bella telling her exactly how she spent her summer. The woman is so wrapped up in wealth and wanting power it's pathetic. Unfortunately there are a lot of people in the world just like her. Edward is going to be a lot surprised to find out Al is Bella's best friend and that she's a girl. So has Emmett met Rosalie yet? And will it be a surprise when jasper finds out he's just as smitten with Alice as Edward is with Bella? Am really enjoying this story.
bonz245 chapter 26 . 1/16/2014
Awesome ending to a wonderful story..thanks.
Siriusmunchkin chapter 12 . 1/16/2014
Bella will not be the first, or last, child who ever disagreed with her parents politics. Definitely agree Charlie and Renee are going to be overly pleased with her showing support for his competition. Wouldn't surprise me if they threatened to cut off her money for school and told her she was on her own. Renee would believe that would make her run right back to them. Bella will just say fine and find another way to pay for her education. Don't know enough about Charlie yet to know how he'd react. Though not being pleased with his daughter is a given, would he actually go so far as to threaten her education? Think Edward is subconsciously trying to believe that Bella wasn't trying to deceive him or his parents for the wrong reasons. He's just conditioned himself to believe that the really wealthy in life don't care about anyone except themselves and what they want. It's going to be a shock when he sees Bella at his uncle's campaign table. And I'm very much betting that Jasper and Emmett are going to immediately smitten by Alice and Rosalie. Pretty sure Alice didn't mention Rosalie's last name because she knows she's Edward's cousin. It's certainly not going to be a dull evening by any means. Maybe the most exciting Black and White Ball in the last fifty years, lol.
sparkledamnu chapter 26 . 1/16/2014
Beautiful ending to a fantastic story. I enjoyed reading this very much. Very well written and thank you for more story than fluff.

Thank you for writing and sharing with our fandom. I look forward to reading more of your work.

Elaine - Sparkle Elaine Damnu Phillips on FB sparkledamnu on twitter and all fanfiction sites
Siriusmunchkin chapter 11 . 1/15/2014
Yup the whole lost phone thing and Bella not wanting to upset Edward when he left has definitely blown up in their faces. She just wanted to do good things and not be judged on who her family was. Good deeds do indeed come back to bite frequently. Edward is a mess and has no clue. Bella is probably worse. There is hope that Carlisle will be able to make Edward see that Bella wanted to do something for herself. To help others and not be tainted by her family name. Alice is more than a best friend here. She may be nominated for sainthood.
Siriusmunchkin chapter 10 . 1/15/2014
No confrontation at the funeral. That was a little bit of a farfetched idea, but you never know. Renee is so clueless about her daughter it's really pathetic. At least she's not cruel. Skylar sounds like she's going to be an awesome roommate. Now it's time to face the music. Or whatever is going to happen. Nervousness happening here.
Siriusmunchkin chapter 9 . 1/15/2014
So it was a lost phone that is causing the problem. No doubt Bella is extremely depressed at the moment believing Edward deliberately gave her a wrong number. I can see the usual suspects are being introduced. Will we have our favorite six together at the end? So Charlie is indeed a politician of sorts. Wonder if Renee is at the wake with him. And what's going to happen if he makes Bella go to the funeral to make a family appearance? This is getting to be lots of fun.
Siriusmunchkin chapter 8 . 1/15/2014
No drama from Bree or Tanya. Surprised but happy. So is Bella's father a politician? Would the Cullen's have recognized her real name? Guessing the last part is true. Alice is a true friend and think Bella is going to have to rely on her a lot in the near future. So what's with the phone number? Did Edward have to get a new phone? Did he put the wrong number in? What's going to happen when they finally meet? Definitely going to be very interesting.
Siriusmunchkin chapter 7 . 1/15/2014
Wouldn't have surprised me at all if Bella realized she knew Edward's uncle and aunt. Kind of glad it wasn't a girl that made Edward really despise rich spoiled people. It is sad that there are people in the world like his grandfather who believe theirs is the only right way and they should be blindly followed. It is possible that Bella's parents know Uncle Tony They did get to spend the afternoon together and there is no doubt they will miss each other horribly. One thing she didn't do is tell him her last name. Wonder if that's going to cause a lot of problems when she gets home?
Siriusmunchkin chapter 6 . 1/15/2014
Really didn't think Carlisle or Esme would have a problem with Edward's relationship with Bella. Was certain they would caution Edward because of Bella's younger age and where they were and wasn't disappointed. So am wondering if Tanya is going to try and make a move on Edward before the summer is over. Wouldn't surprise me at all. Does look like Bella didn't tell Edward her real last name. That might just make for a few sticky moments when the truth comes out. Like if her parents, or their representatives, are waiting for her in Miami? Have they found out yet where she is? Maybe one of the girls noticed she wasn't with Alice and mentioned it to her parents who mentioned it to Bella's? Wonder how much trouble Alice will be in. The romance is still in the early stages. Will they be able to keep it up when they return to Baltimore? And a very Happy Birthday to Edward.
Siriusmunchkin chapter 5 . 1/15/2014
Now we know where both of them are from. Baltimore is a big place so it's not unusual they wouldn't know one another. Wonder if it was someone Bella knows that Edward is so bitter about. I agree with Bella that he's had a very bad experience with a rich spoiled snobby girl. And just maybe that's why Bella looks so familiar to him. She's probably been on the society pages with her parents. The Hopkins magazine gave away where he's going to me school so we knew he was going to be in Baltimore for school. And since he is from there he probably did his undergrad at Hopkins. Is that where Bella plans to go? Wonder if the parents have ever run across each other? Bella is about to reveal most, if not all, of her secrets. What will Edward's reaction be? What will Carlisle and Esme have to say?
Siriusmunchkin chapter 4 . 1/15/2014
Mortified would be a good word to describe Bella when she fell. Poor girl does seem to have coordination problems once again. Just glad Edward didn't tell his parents. That would probably have sealed a Bella less future for him. Bella is learning as she goes and betting this experience will cement her desire to go into nursing. Getting around her parents might be the biggest challenge she faces. Meanwhile she has a great tutor and mentor in Edward.
1,052 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 .. Last Next »