Reviews for Lost Illusion
Eli chapter 1 . 2/5
I really appreciate that you don't use many authors notes and I am overjoyed with your natural setting, story pace and "realism"

Some readers might find it a bit boring I think and it puts pressure on the author to rush and minimize the background/time frame etc. But I think a memorable protagonist starts out this way.

If I were brave enough I would write a pokemon fic similar to this. Maybe with my descriptions but I get it -its. Arid desert.
Amusebeard chapter 36 . 12/29/2016
A pretty heartwarming chapter.
ExODUSKiNG chapter 35 . 8/12/2016
It's too good to be true. The cake is a lie. Uh... that's basically my entire point, hehe. Sayonara Latias, you'll be missed.
Ren chapter 35 . 8/12/2016
Hmm, I don't really like that Nova's Father and the rest of the group would be so easily accepting of him (Nova) after the scuffle that they had. I mean, previously they were fighting and now they're like: "Oh Nova's back! You okay Nova? Everything's nearly fine now, oh and you can totally go see those children that you almost took off with. We don't mind.". I know that time heals wounds but c'mon... they accepted him WAY too fast without any much of a concern.

Well, I like that you are stepping up the pace and getting things done but you should also try to moderate the pacing just enough that things are still realistic and accurate. Oh well, that's just my opinion.
Crazeguy chapter 35 . 8/12/2016
Lol, the moment Aya showed up I already realized that she was Latias. You did a fine job with her dialogue and gave me exactly what I needed to figure her out.

Excellent work as always, Shrub.

-craze
Fyrium chapter 35 . 8/11/2016
Yeah, saw it coming but at the same time, I do7bted for aboutique 3 sentences.

Was still an interesting reveal and I can't wait to see how it will effect the story going forward
DiegoAvmor chapter 35 . 8/11/2016
Wow... I didn't see that coming
Crazeguy chapter 34 . 7/27/2016
Keheheh... This one is pretty good. Especially the part where Nova visits Zeta, had a good laugh at Nova's plundering of Zeta's meal.

Looking forward to the next chapter... Can't wait to see how it would all go down.
Amusebeard chapter 34 . 7/26/2016
Amazing story, I'm so glad I found it.

Only strange thing I found was an unclear paragraph in Turtwig chapter where apparently Nova is already a Vibrava, somehow. It could have been just Nova's wondering, but it feels out of place entirely.

I don't think there is any meaningful critique to give here. You were struggling with pacing at the beginning, but I don't mean what you were saying in the AN few chapters back. It looked like you didn't know how to change scenes, sometimes it was quite rough and noticeable, but it's been at least ten chapters since I've seen this particular problem. I can only assume you got better.

The story is very intriguing, and I think it's very well done overall. I like the worldbuilding and I'm hoping for more later on, because I think it has really good potential. Also, there are a lot of good twists, even is some of them were not difficult to see through, but some were really good. Nova's father being a Salamence somehow took me completely off guard, I was expecting a Charizard or a legendary. I also like Fly, because it shows that character don't stop existing after interacting with the main cast, which is something that is sometimes underappreciated but one of the more evident signs that you're reading a good story.

Overall, good job, can't wait for next chapter.
ExODUSKiNG chapter 34 . 7/22/2016
Wow Latias's desperation is rather annoying. What kind of life lesson are you trying to teach? And Zeta, we finally see him again and it turns out that he poisoned everyone. Odd uh... character development. This chapter sure was comedic though.
ExODUSKiNG chapter 33 . 7/12/2016
"My Phendrene?" That sounds... conspicuous. Did Latias do that thing before where she made herself invisible but it was actually her tempering with Nova's vision? So at this moment, Nova is actually just sitting in place idly without a clue. Or did she actually wipe their memories? Hmm... isn't that her abusing power? Doesn't matter the reasoning, she's a hypocrite.
ricepeas chapter 33 . 7/12/2016
You should've gone the route that I said. Would've been more dramatic, but i guess latias doesn't really want physical harm coming to Nova only major psychological trauma, which I'm not sure which will be the worse in the long run, most likely the physiological trauma.

Really looking forward to the next chapter to see their reactions, knowing latias she probably wiped everyone's minds, but what about his dad that probably had psychic resistance training. Plus even though you remove memories, would it really be possible to remove the emotions of the person or something? I don't believe that you would be able to completely remove all traces of someone but hey, she's a legendary, so it might be possible.

I'm proud that me lighting a fire under your ass last night made you get out this chapter this quickly. Now only if it would work more often _
lightningrun chapter 32 . 7/10/2016
Holy Arceus, I love this story. The vocabulary is awesome as ever and I started reading this story from a year ago. I finally noticed the update when I got onto fanfiction today. When I noticed the update, I was fangirling.
Nova seems like a solemn character who was misunderstood and got big cracks on his emotional barrier. I'm looking forward to his recovery, but I'm pretty sure things will spiral out of control there...

Keep writin'! I'm looking forward to your next update!
P.S. this is one of my favorite stories on fanfic, and I'm being too lazy to login. 8D
Crazeguy chapter 32 . 7/5/2016
KehehehahahHAHAHA…

Oh dear, I do look forward to the moment where all secrets are revealed. If only that old version of Hale and Nova's conversation when they had their reunion in the forest was still there after you rewrited the earlier chapters...

You had a thing for characters jinxing things up with what they said back in the old days.
Vixal chapter 32 . 5/10/2016
I read another story long ago, with the same idea as the Porygon-Z. However, there's no actual way it's this one, because the overall plot was different.