Reviews for Lost Illusion
Hobbes22 chapter 38 . 9/7
Read this story in 2 days, and wow. It is one of the best Pokemon fics on the site. The writing is just so damn good. Maybe I'm just so used to all the mediocre fiction on here but man is this something special.

I agree with you that it starts out slow, and that is an issue I have with the fic as a whole. But other than that, it's just damn good.

The characters are so well created, the twists are believable and are the kind that make me think "Wow, how did I not see that coming?" because of how well you foreshadow them. Once I caught up in the main story, I went back and reread parts just to see how you set up future events in prior chapters.

Just wanted you to know how much I love this story. I'll sure to keep track of you as an author, because if your writing is as consistent as I'm made to believe, I'm sure I'd love the rest of your work as well.
Poalvemu chapter 38 . 6/24
Oooooh! Cliffhanger! Even well placed!
Aside from that, you finally updated the story! I missed your writing so much! The chapter was great, as always, and it was really long! After the long wait it was just so satisfing to read the story again! I'm a little sad about the update speed though. Concidering that everyone probably has a million other things to Do in our time, I'm Not surprised it to ok so long.
Your other fans and I would greatly appriciate if you pick up the pace of the story!
That's all I want es to say.
Have a nice day!
Poalvemu chapter 37 . 4/14
I read the whole story in two days and overall loved it! The character development is there and it's heavily focused which is good. Some parts really made me want to cry and other felt a bit rushed and/or out of nowhere like Vie's death. But that's mostly my opinion. I don't know your update frequency but seing that the story has 37 spread over almost 5 years makes me guess it's pretty unfrequent and has long breakes in between. This story needs love and I am willing to give some! I give it until now a 9/10 in my opinion. I rarely find a long story about pokemon other than humans that I enjoy. You made me Fall in love with the story and I couldn't be happier! Keep up your amazing work and good luck with your studies/work!
Have a nice day!
Update chapter 37 . 4/6
When the next chapter please update love the story so far
WyldClaw chapter 2 . 3/29
poor vie.

what was a charmander do out there
WyldClaw chapter 1 . 3/29
that was an amazing amazing start
Eli chapter 1 . 2/5
I really appreciate that you don't use many authors notes and I am overjoyed with your natural setting, story pace and "realism"

Some readers might find it a bit boring I think and it puts pressure on the author to rush and minimize the background/time frame etc. But I think a memorable protagonist starts out this way.

If I were brave enough I would write a pokemon fic similar to this. Maybe with my descriptions but I get it -its. Arid desert.
Amusebeard chapter 36 . 12/29/2016
A pretty heartwarming chapter.
ExODUSKiNG chapter 35 . 8/12/2016
It's too good to be true. The cake is a lie. Uh... that's basically my entire point, hehe. Sayonara Latias, you'll be missed.
Ren chapter 35 . 8/12/2016
Hmm, I don't really like that Nova's Father and the rest of the group would be so easily accepting of him (Nova) after the scuffle that they had. I mean, previously they were fighting and now they're like: "Oh Nova's back! You okay Nova? Everything's nearly fine now, oh and you can totally go see those children that you almost took off with. We don't mind.". I know that time heals wounds but c'mon... they accepted him WAY too fast without any much of a concern.

Well, I like that you are stepping up the pace and getting things done but you should also try to moderate the pacing just enough that things are still realistic and accurate. Oh well, that's just my opinion.
Crazeguy chapter 35 . 8/12/2016
Lol, the moment Aya showed up I already realized that she was Latias. You did a fine job with her dialogue and gave me exactly what I needed to figure her out.

Excellent work as always, Shrub.

-craze
Fyrium chapter 35 . 8/11/2016
Yeah, saw it coming but at the same time, I do7bted for aboutique 3 sentences.

Was still an interesting reveal and I can't wait to see how it will effect the story going forward
DiegoAvmor chapter 35 . 8/11/2016
Wow... I didn't see that coming
Crazeguy chapter 34 . 7/27/2016
Keheheh... This one is pretty good. Especially the part where Nova visits Zeta, had a good laugh at Nova's plundering of Zeta's meal.

Looking forward to the next chapter... Can't wait to see how it would all go down.
Amusebeard chapter 34 . 7/26/2016
Amazing story, I'm so glad I found it.

Only strange thing I found was an unclear paragraph in Turtwig chapter where apparently Nova is already a Vibrava, somehow. It could have been just Nova's wondering, but it feels out of place entirely.

I don't think there is any meaningful critique to give here. You were struggling with pacing at the beginning, but I don't mean what you were saying in the AN few chapters back. It looked like you didn't know how to change scenes, sometimes it was quite rough and noticeable, but it's been at least ten chapters since I've seen this particular problem. I can only assume you got better.

The story is very intriguing, and I think it's very well done overall. I like the worldbuilding and I'm hoping for more later on, because I think it has really good potential. Also, there are a lot of good twists, even is some of them were not difficult to see through, but some were really good. Nova's father being a Salamence somehow took me completely off guard, I was expecting a Charizard or a legendary. I also like Fly, because it shows that character don't stop existing after interacting with the main cast, which is something that is sometimes underappreciated but one of the more evident signs that you're reading a good story.

Overall, good job, can't wait for next chapter.