Reviews for The Thin Blue Line
Maunzeli chapter 18 . 11/5/2012
I am really glad I stumbled on you. Great author-you write English correctly, unlike about 90% of the authors on this site. You nailed the characterizations and kept them as the show has them, so there were no jarring inconsistencies. The plot was unique, well thought-out, well-developed, and even provided a twist in the ending. Thank you for an enjoyable evening!
diana teo chapter 18 . 9/30/2012
I seem to remember Ziva studying a book of American/English idioms back in season 3. It must have been a very bad one, or maybe she never got to the R section, cos she should know that one!
Loved Tony teasing Tim about 'women of a certain age', and his drawn out 'Re-ah-lly'. :)
Also liked how you involved Jimmy in clearing Tony's name.
That face-off between Tony and Andrea was heavy on so many levels, my heart was thumping away...nice touch with the swear word and tinge of hysteria laugh...I always wondered why the show never brought Andrea back, she and Tony had great chemistry, but I suppose this would be a jolly good reason... ;p
Superb story, Gail!
scousemuz1k chapter 18 . 9/30/2012
I worry about me sometimes... it's no use saying I have the occasional senior moment, I think I just spend my time senior and a bit of normal surfaces occasionally. I've been looking at the list for ages and NEVER NOTICED I WASN'T ON IT...
So... red earrings - cool. Jimmy asking the vital question, great. Poor McC's thoughts in his coffin, very sad...
And very neat making Andrea the baddie - was I the only one who didn't see that coming?
Sorry for being late to the party!
x
stareagle chapter 18 . 9/28/2012
Great story. Liked the idea of the bowling party and the closing scene at the cemetery. Sad but really brought closure.
DS2010 chapter 18 . 9/28/2012
So glad tony was cleared, and Jimmy found the final clue
sopmire chapter 18 . 9/28/2012
Nice ending. I was worried at first that they didn't get that even drugged Tony had actually raped her, even if he wasn't to blame. But finding out she was the bad guy instead, yay Jimmy, sheesh... glad Ziva had his six with taking the shot. Thought Tony wasn't going to defend himself there for a moment.
My goodness, what a journey. Glad you're finished? :)) Thanks for writing and posting!
Gottahavemyncis chapter 18 . 9/27/2012
Great story...I too thought it was Jackson.
Hey Gail, what's GFC stand for? I get that it's about the recession/depression, whatever we're calling it, but I'm not familiar with that term or I do know it and am having a senior moment. Either is possible!
alix33 chapter 17 . 9/24/2012
"The two men entering the room cause Tony to turn away from the windows and walk towards them with an arm extended. They shake hands as they exchange greetings. "Commander Rabb. It's good to see you again." "Actually I made Captain just before I got out. As you can see I'm on civvie street now." "And doing quite well I see." DiNozzo remarks eyeballing the suit. "Went into partnership with Manetti. We're at the point now where I can pick my cases and my hours. Mac likes that." "How is your lovely wife these days?" "Back at JAG but not nearly as career focused as she once was. Enjoying being second in command to Sturgis." "That doesn't sound like the Colonel we met." Gibbs observes. "Gives her more time with our daughter. Adoption is a wonderful thing." - Hey there, Harm and Mac! 2IC to Sturgis? EW!
"As I was saying we talked about this pill at our meeting which is why I recognized it's molecular structure when the results came in." - "its molecular structure".
"much better thanks to her and my lawyer here." He pats Harm on the shoulder. "Thanks Rabb." "Hey Gibbs I owe you two remember." "All the same." He holds out his hand and they shake. Rabb walks over to the elevator where Hamilton is now standing and they start to chat" - I agree about it having been partial payback for how Harm owes DiNozzo and Gibbs.
"Metro PD Captain and Andrea Sparrs' boss Sandra Jackson." - "Andrea Sparr's boss".
stareagle chapter 17 . 9/24/2012
Well done - I must admit to quickened heart beats at the thought of Harm and Gibbs together as a team... I really loved Jag! Sure wish Elliott would return to tv!
great chapter and story
DS2010 chapter 17 . 9/23/2012
Glad tony was cleared, trying figure out those guys talking about the list, can't wait to find out
diana teo chapter 17 . 9/23/2012
Liked Tony's responses to Lecar and Hamilton's questions, especially the 'finest hour' one, lol!
Love how Abby burst into Interrogation with such melodramatic flair. The love bug acronym cracked me up, LOL! Did you make that one up or is it for real?
Tony's litany of his sufferings(the symptoms) sound awful put all together, poor thing...
Yay, what a relief that he's finally off the hook!
MissCallaLilly chapter 17 . 9/23/2012
I LOVE your story !
scousemuz1k chapter 17 . 9/23/2012
Heee... Harm in a suit. Not quite as nice as Tony, but still... I loved the way Abby burst in with her 'save the DiNozzo' passion, and goody, they've got Jackson.
Don't really fancy Hamilton for it , unless she was exhibiting her knowledge of the drug to avert suspicion... will you do a talk between Tony and Andrea at some point? (I once did a one-shot and made the two of them VERY willing participants...)
Gottahavemyncis chapter 17 . 9/22/2012
Oh good, progress and Tony's off the hook. Still feel badly for Lt. Sparr though.
diana teo chapter 16 . 9/21/2012
Oooooo, I wanna know why this is all happening to poor, poor Tony...!