Reviews for Dink in the Dark
an obsessive fangirl chapter 1 . 11/8/2013
A woah. A woah.
This was shamazing. Yes, I'm stalking the EG page. I feel like it.
Anyways.
Vlad was pretty much just how I had imagined him. A creepy Russian vampire gone cookoo. Crazy Tom was great, too. "No pattycake among the elderly." I swear, I died when I read that. And Vlad at the end was great, too. "Lights On." Talk about creepy.
Anyways, this was amazing. So thank you for writing!
Afriel chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
"Oh no, the children! the children!"
I loved that phrase! Black humour XD
I like Dink; in the beginning parts of Ender's Game I loved how he had this jaded persona kinda thing, like a paranoid veteran-big brother warning Ender about the Battle School. (And for some reason the paragraph about the whole blacked out ordeal being a sham reminds me of book 2 of the Hunger Games where Katniss has to remember that the Capitol is the ultimate enemy after all. Except the adults in this universe have a grayer morality.) Anyway, so I thought you captured that conspiracist vibe of Dink pretty well. I'll always associate Dink with that I think; since he's kind of the first character to warn Ender so overtly about the teachers.

Macdonalds reference! They survived the First and Second War
Yup, Vlad is spooky in your story - keeps silent until you forget he's there and then he suddenly speaks up.

Wait, why isn't Bean with them?
Lol, doing actual background research given your username?
Lastly, spotted a typo: "Remember that time she feLL (feel) asleep during battle?"
Guest chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
This is really amazing! I love the little Dink/Petra relationship, its cute!

and Crazy Tom and Shen, they made me laugh!

keep on writing!
Kelp chapter 1 . 6/25/2012
This was just phenomenal.

The implied Shen/Dink (unless I misunderstood) was an adorable bit of fluff to tack on to the end.

The story was a nice mix of happy and dark, without drifting too far onto either side.

Everyone was brilliantly in-character and the rhythm of their slang sounded right.

Excellent story, thanks for writing it. C:
Sunshiinee chapter 1 . 6/8/2012
Such a great story, having the research behind it made it that much better, I hate when authors just change things to fit their purposes or whatever in fanfics, i think you captured Dink perfectly (:
Shall be lifted Nevermore chapter 1 . 4/28/2012
I love it! Please do more Ender fics! You write really well, and there're not nearly enough of them out there...