Reviews for Excuse My French
marie chapter 8 . 7/13/2013
I just re-discovered this fic and the story did not disappoint upon being reread.
That being said, please continue it!
Justafanwaiting chapter 8 . 6/26/2013
This is a 100% original fanfic. I realy hope you have just taken the year off.

-Justafanwaiting
spanky1426 chapter 8 . 6/9/2013
I'll give it to you . You can write so when is the next chapter going to be ready
Guest chapter 8 . 3/22/2013
You really, really should keep going on this one, it's very good!
LeahAmberly chapter 8 . 1/13/2013
Please update. *puppy eyes
vantweet chapter 8 . 8/22/2012
good story!
i think its the only OC/self-insert story of the whole temeraire fandom ;)
keep going!
silentmidnightdeath chapter 8 . 6/20/2012
I'm surprised. I'd never thought Laurence would do something like that. I hope that he and Nathan get along better later on.
soldier of knowledge chapter 8 . 6/19/2012
Laurence and Nathan don't seem to be getting along too well. I can't help but wonder if that trend will continue when they get to Loch Laggen.

Not bad, though I did not expect to see Nathan as a performer for the dinner. I wonder what his father was thinking about.

There isn't a whole lot of critque I can give on this chapter, to be honest. I wait for the next one.
JAtkins chapter 8 . 6/18/2012
Good Job on the chapter. I enjoyed how it was written, and am glad to see this up. I do not have many comments for the chapter this time. One interesting thing though... Did you now that Novik writes fanfic? I saw it in the Wall Street Journal. Apparently, before she wrote "His Majesties Dragon" she wrote Star Trek fic. She still does too. Anyhow, keep it up.
Hideout Writer chapter 8 . 6/18/2012
I read one section, went back, read it again, and the thought that kept running through my head was "He. Did. Not. He did! He did not just DO that!"

I'm going to guess Seasons just happens to be a Dragonforce song on the album 'The Power Within'?
animelover1993 chapter 7 . 6/13/2012
ASDF;LGKMWNERPGBOUNSDB YES

In my opinion he's a Stu, oh he is so totally a stu but I love him and this story. And just as I'm reading this an insert of my own has started brewing. BLARGH! I'm only half way through Black Powder War damn it!

This is just a giddy read, I love your characters sarcastic wit and I'm interested on how he's going to 'change history' and how he may or may not get a dragon.

ANYWHO!

I can't wait for chapter 8!
dragonshina chapter 7 . 6/7/2012
Nice!

Looking forward as to how this will turn out.

But i guess Mr. King... is going to get a dragon of his own.

One thing bugs me. Do dragons entered into the Geneva convention? Do they get the same treatment? And, more importantly... that little detail about using dragons as a bio-weapon?
JAtkins chapter 7 . 6/1/2012
Great job on the chapter. I think that you passed the nuts & bolts on quite well. Laurence seems to be doing alright for now. Now that you mention it, seeing Nathan at a formal dinner party would be hilarious. One little nit-pick... The aerial corps. is structured like the Navy with Admirals and what-not. As a lieutenant, Nathan would have twin bars (like an Army captain ( O-3) would today (Navy Captains hold the same rank as Colonel, O-6) Ensigns would have single gold bars. He would also have two regular bars on his sleeves. Captains would have four bars, Ensigns One, and Admirals would have some crazy gold mess (scrambled eggs). This all isnt too important, and I doubt that I would notice or care, except I am in a 8 year contract with the US Navy. Also, I am applying NATO rank to this, so I could still be wrong.
silentmidnightdeath chapter 7 . 6/1/2012
Oh no... the havoc he'll wreak at that party... poor Laurence...
Culebra del Sol chapter 7 . 6/1/2012
In my honest opinion, Nathan is coming off as somewhat too smart for this story. Granted, it's very early in the story, and he IS from the future, and that grants him quite a bit of lee-way. It's just that there are some points where he just over-shadows everyone around him, even when those people could arguably be as smart, if not smarter than him.

I don't know, maybe it's just me complaining in a round-a-bout way regarding the lack of canon characters being fleshed out.