Reviews for Homeschooled
Indigo-Night-Wisp chapter 7 . 1/26/2013
Have I mentioned that I was home-schooled until 6th grade? When I first read Nightlife and saw that Cal was too, it seriously tickled me. And I just love these one-shots about those years. Bless you Cal, for your endeavors. (Niko's probably a sterner taskmaster than my mother, though. I mostly worked by myself -two other siblings means a lot of by-yourself-time in the scholastic department.)

Not to mention: I live in Ohio. :) We do love our pamphlets... like everyone who passes through wants to know all about our state. ;)

Ah, Philly. City of Brotherly Love. Didja do that on purpose, or was it just a bonus?

'"Don't you love me anymore?" I muttered, reaching up to rub the back of my head.
"To death, little brother."'

You know, this chapter has everything I love about these two. :) A bit of angst, snark, head-slapping, snark, hair-pulling (why does that amuse me so much? It just does.), snark, willful-declarations-of-love-disguised-as-snark, and a strange supernatural creature I have never heard of (is it real?).

I love how Niko ALWAYS has something to say about "legend." He always sounds so disgruntled.

Joss, they are so freakin' cute. I is alllll smiles right now. :)
Obi the Kid chapter 7 . 1/25/2013
Oh man, what a fun read. I'm halfway thinking that Niko KNEW the monkey was in the forest and stopped in that exact spot so that he COULD test Cal. That was great. It fits both brother to a tee. I can picture that entire scene as a flashback in one of Rob's books. Great job, Kin!
lady voldemort2005 chapter 6 . 12/7/2012
Ha-ha and once again poor Cal. I'm definitely enjoying every new chapters of this story.
Hollowmelody chapter 6 . 12/3/2012
Great chapter! The ending made me laugh, and after the day I've had, I really needed a good laugh!
Miranda Crystal-Bearer chapter 5 . 11/30/2012
(Giggles) I like that! "What?" Only Niko would be so wicked and so kind in the same thrust; distracting Cal and calming him yet teasing too. Lots of fun!
Obi the Kid chapter 5 . 11/29/2012
Man, I love this series. This is the best one yet. It's so Niko to use something Cal hates (learning) to counter something that scares the crap out of him. Everything about this snippet is absolutely perfect. Great to hold us over until the next Cal book in 2013.
The Dangerous One chapter 5 . 11/28/2012
XD THIS. IS. AWESOME!
lady voldemort2005 chapter 5 . 11/27/2012
Love this chapter.
Annie Caliban chapter 1 . 11/25/2012
Haha, I loved this, by the way, forgot to add that. Cal is so perfect, I absolutely love his horror at the prospect of chemistry and learning, (even though I myself love intellectual pursuit) it's just so Cal Leandros. I feel like every one of your writes is a little treasure I've stumbled across, and I even dream about it sometimes. It's hard for me to subconsciously separate your writing from Rob's, sometimes you make hers seem like the fan-fiction. (Blasphemy on my part ;)) Absolutely sublime.
Annie Caliban chapter 1 . 11/25/2012
Your writing is much appreciated! Don't ever stop! I'd love it if you wrote more before Slashback comes out in March, 2013, I'm lonely without Cal and you are simply the best. A Grimm inspired write would be great!
Miranda Crystal-Bearer chapter 4 . 11/19/2012
Hee, very cute. I liked the "creeping" across the apartment and tackling Cal from the chair. XD I was homeschooled, too, but I think I had an easier time of it than Cal! Very cute and quirky and fun.

Niko is the best homeschool mom ever. Uh, brother. Yeah. XD
lady voldemort2005 chapter 4 . 11/19/2012
Ha-ha poor Cal.
The Dangerous One chapter 4 . 11/19/2012
They say that after a while, the adrenalin from running becomes addicting and that makes you want to run more. Obviously, Cal disagrees (I do too). Poor Cal...
engellicka chapter 3 . 6/27/2012
I like the story. I just got done reading nightlife and its a great book but cant find nothing on cal/george. please update and you should write one on them. please and thank you
kooie chapter 2 . 4/30/2012
awesome! I can't wait for more. Love that this is the least thing Cal wants to be doing (studying) but he does it for Nik. But he had to find a way to make Niko suffer too... I'm sure he loves the nickname though. Looking forward to more of this little moments.