Reviews for A Touch of Love
I think I was just as mad at the Doc as James was about not getting to pet the lamb. Sometimes he is just so unreasonable! Very sweet though when he took the time to compliment James for his help. Thanks for this good little story!
red2013 chapter 4 . 5/20/2014
Great story from james's perspective of a day trip.
D Charles chapter 4 . 5/31/2013
That was very special and it is typical of children and their parents. JH thought his dad wanted to spoil his fun, but Martin did not see it that way. Yet, in the end he let James Henry know how much he trusted him and depended on him. Very sound story about what growing up is like. If your parents are not willing to accept you being cross with them sometimes then the child might turn out kind of rubbish. However; most parents only want what is best for their children and when the children are grown up they appreciate their parents wisdom. I really enjoyed this story. Thank you and continue the good work.
Cheers!
Guest chapter 4 . 2/23/2013
THIS... is one very sweet story. Thank you for the fun. I thoroughly enjoyed the smart, good little boy personality that you gave JH; careful to show that he truly loves his Dad very, very much, and that James thrives on his Dad's approval. Martin is consistently DM and you brought him to life "true to established character/personality" while emphasizing how devotedly protective of (albeit misguided) and loving towards his son that he is.
COMPLAINTS? Only that this fun story is too short! I was sorry that its fun ended so quickly... more please... more, more. Thank you.
Peggy in Chicago IL USA
Guest chapter 4 . 1/27/2013
Oh, my! What a good story. I hadn't expected to enjoy a fiction about the child, but now I must go back through to read all the others.
GordonSetter chapter 4 . 4/23/2012
Beautifully done! A very sweet, moving story.
Boots1980 chapter 4 . 4/23/2012
Beautifully-written story of the relationship between Martin and James.
Biscuit50 chapter 4 . 4/23/2012
Wonderful story. Kudos for making it believable and compelling. It's hard to have a father whose behavior can be so polarizing, when one wants to fit in. On the other hand, it's nice that James can appreciate his father's skill in doing something no one else can do. Nice to see the interactions between the two of them. Great work and hope to see more. Cheers.

PS, kudos also to jd517 ... you all make a good team.
Bodmin chapter 4 . 4/23/2012
Thanks a lot for taking us with them on this trip.

This was much better than feeding that stupid lamb, indeed, and good of Martin to remember to thank his son for his help.

I bet James will be the hero of the class for the next couple of days.

I hope it'll improve the bonding betwenn the two of them.

I'm already waiting for the next episode you'll present to us.
Snowsie2011 chapter 4 . 4/23/2012
Lovely chapter. I hope you plan to write more about James Henry's adventures.
Chapin chapter 4 . 4/23/2012
Not easy at times having Martin for a father. But Martin knows his son and is confident instantly that James will respond appropriately. This trust fills James with pride and gratitude. Well done.
oceans10 chapter 4 . 4/23/2012
I love these little vignettes. I liked the way you described how James felt after the emergency was over. I can just picture a kid feeling like that:)
fanficfan71 chapter 4 . 4/23/2012
A great story - I loved your ending. I hope there's more stories to come.
Snowsie2011 chapter 3 . 4/22/2012
James may be upset by what he perceives as his father refusing him something he wants, but he knows dad will come through when it really counts.

Scary scene at the end. Not the kind of call a parent a wants to get from the teacher.
Boots1980 chapter 3 . 4/21/2012
It may not have been fortunate for James that his father made the trip, but it was for Jess. Like his mother, James will appreciate his father more after he effectively helps his class mate.