Reviews for Uneaten
constantlearner chapter 1 . 12/8/2013
Thank you.
SneakyDorcas chapter 1 . 3/16/2013
I have nothing to say that would sum up my thoughts. Thank you, avanti90. And keep writing. You're a good writer.
Gyreflight chapter 1 . 6/15/2012
I enjoyed this, thank you.

All four of the roads not taken were believable, each with its own clear break-point and its own grown-forward Tenar – recognisable, yet worn smooth by different winds…not the least of which, in presence and absence is, of course, Ged.

The writing style catches the feel of the world and each story told beautifully; the brief glint of a careful word or phrase here and there picking out character and moment and reminder for the reader. Structurally it works as well, Tenar’s own point of view first and last, decisive and self aware, making her own way at the end and the beginning, bracketing two lives where she has learned to live and use the role she has been given by others, where her own thoughts are hidden, and she is seen only through those other eyes.

Wizard, Lady, Priestess, and at last simply Tenar herself, going home, in a conclusion satisfying in part because here it is her own active choice of a future to step forward into, without any looking back.

Very nicely done.