Reviews for Pomp and Circumstance
Maria chapter 8 . 3/2
Ah I have just read this all week. I've been addicted and have tried to read it as fast as possible. I really loved it, your writing is great and I loved the majority of your dynamics and characters.

I loved Chuck and Blair, there relationship is the best and I think you captured and wrote it wonderfully. I love the idea of twins. I can just imagine a little chuck and blair running around :)

I loved the Blair and Serena stuff; I was so happy with the way you had Serena and Blair fight it out. The show glossed over the fact Blair stole Serena's guy to easily and I was glad to see them finally have it out. It needed to be said.

I didn't like the fact you had Serena and Dan make up. I thought with everything that was said and done between Serena in this fic she was finally standing up for herself and realising Dan wasn't all that. But in the end she ran back into his arms like always, which disappointed me. But then I'm really not a Dan and Serena shipper, think she definitely deserved better than him, so I'm never a fan of when they end up together. Even though they were endgame so end up together in fics 9 times out of 10.

I was also a little disappointed with the Vanessa reveal, I was expecting so much more, and plus I don't feel we got closure. Like yes she's pregnant, but what happens next. I felt it just wasn't tied up enough.

But that's all I have to say. I loved most of it, in particular the inclusion of Bart as a decent dad. I'd have preferred this Bart than the shit we got in the real series. You are a great writer and I'm now going to see what other fics you have :)
CPO Backstreet chapter 8 . 7/24/2015
Whoops, realise I've done it again. Posted a catty, nitpicky review for a story I actually rather liked. Even if it was mainly for the Nate/Jenny stuff. Serena and Dan's character arc was interesting even if it contained a lot of anger in places (I get the feeling you didn't like Dan much when you wrote this). The Chuck/Blair storyline, despite them being the featured couple, was actually the least interesting, largely consisting of repeated scenes saying "They're happy and perfect for each other", but again that's probably what you needed at the time. I do find that sometimes if you read two or three stories by the same author they keep using the same themes and plot points (everyone apologising for things that happened years earlier, Jenny not wanting to go back to New York, Chuck and Blair having twins) but I guess when you've got a firm idea about characters and their futures in your head it can be hard to shift away from them.
CPO Backstreet chapter 6 . 7/23/2015
Okay, I'm used to people flinging around the word "incest" when it's nothing of the sort, but is Blair just being a drama queen or are there really places in the world where it's illegal to date your adopted half-sibling? Because coming from a country where one of our soap operas had adopted half-siblings marry and have a child together, it's definitely not illegal everywhere...
narsuess chapter 8 . 2/15/2015
I love long novel-length fic! and this one of yours is incredible and sweet and amazing. thanks for sharing :-)
Aki no Ryu chapter 1 . 2/10/2014
This fic is friggin incredible. It's just the first chapter and there's so much already! I'm a Chair shipper myself so I love this already. I like how long your chapters will be if this first one is any indication. I like the sentiments that Chuck and Blair have for each other, they're one of the best couples I've ever come across in fiction. They're incredibly flawed but perfect for each other. Their overcoming obstacles in their way makes their finally coming together incredible and hard won. I'm glad your fic is taking a less darker route than the series, what with Chuck and Blair not having to experience the whole Bart thing. Ienjoyed the conversations between Chuck and the other characters, especially with Blair and Bart. Keep up the good work!
Klarobass chapter 7 . 10/13/2013
I feel for both Blair and Serena in this chapter, they just can't catch a break, so it seems :( The Chuck and Bart scene was incredible, abd loced gow you wrote it. I wish we had gotten a scene like that in canon, thsnk you for this amazing fic :)
Klarobass chapter 8 . 10/12/2013
M
Qlll
Klarobass chapter 6 . 10/11/2013
Amazing Chapter! I absolutley love how you write Nate in this story, you really get inyo his head and you write it so beautifully. I lived the Nate/Jenny angst, and the Dan/Serena angst.

I feel kind of bad for my Serena, I hope Dan abd Serena xan get their act together. If S is pregnant, hopefully they can figure things out, fir their sakes, and the baby's.

I am do glad Dan finally realized the mistake he made with Blair, and finally admitted Serena was the one, about time Dan.

I loved Chuck's gift for Blair, I was worried he had forgotten. But, I now realize it was worth it, and I loved his gift for her. Chuck does really know Blair the best, he reads her like an open book, and I love it!

Can't wait to read the next chapter :)
Klarobass chapter 5 . 10/7/2013
Loved thr intervrntion, Chuck snd Blair can be out of conttol st times. I liked the scene, I am worried about what Vanessa us going to do, but I know you will write it well!
Klarobass chapter 4 . 10/7/2013
Ugh, I hate Vanessa, that is no secret. But even I admit she had major balls going up against the Basses like that, itcwas clever and stupid at the same time. I love Nate for choosing to stand by his best friends, they can be trouble at times, but he sure is loyal and I love him for it.
Klarobass chapter 3 . 10/7/2013
I loved how Blair described her happiness with Chuck. It wasn't sonething that was created, it was a feeling and you wrote it beautifully, so great job! You wtite Dan well too, and realistic considering of whatvwe where given in canon. I never bought Dsn falling for Blair, I always believed he liked her, but thatvit was more about beating Chuck. I loved the Chuck abd Dan showdown. Great work, can't wait to read more!
Klarobass chapter 2 . 9/30/2013
Amazing Chapter! Thank you for that Chuck and Dan scene, I have been waiting for a scene like that for ages. Finally Chuck called Dan on his mistake with Blair, he needed to hear it. Yay for Chuck standed up for his women, you go chuck! Loved that Chuck got to punch him, now there even in my books. I by no means dislike Dan, just felt that scene was needed.

I absolutly love the way you write Nate, he's ny favorite POV. I love how he defended his friends, it's so in character, you go Nate.

Vanessa, could you be so judgmental. You write her so well, it's why I never liked Vanessa, she always judges people, acts like she's better then them. Why? Because there rich, and your not?
Being rich doesn't nean your a bad person. And Vanessa trying to turn the Basses employee against them, ugh, Vanessa you prive to be more annoying everytime. But as much as I dislike Vanessa, you write her so well, so thank you for that :)

Serena, I think she should know where Dan stands with her relationship with Blair and her, before jumping back into a relationship. I don't want Serena to feel like Dan's second choice, because Blair chose Chuck. I think she needs to know that he is her first choice, and where he stands with both herself, and Blair.

I like Dan as a character, but he annoyed me in this chapter. How he blamed Blair for everything that went wrong in their relationship, how he still holds Chuck's past against him. Like, Dan, that was three years ago, get over it! Yet I loved your point-of-view on Derena.

Can't wait to read more, your writing is incredible :)
Klarobass chapter 1 . 9/29/2013
I have to confess, this is the first time I sm reading this story. It is do well written, yet so in character.

My favorite was Nate's POV. I liked how he finally stood up to Serena, and decided he was done. Like, good for him, she needed to hear that. I liked how he was so skeptical of Dan's feelings of Serena and told her how ge felt. That he wasn't over Blair yet, despite she had chosen and married Chuck. I do think he was still going from girl to girl though, a little to fast. Can't wait to see how you build Nenny though :) I also really like how you described Nate and Lola though, it was so true abd how I saw it too :)

Chuck, I love how you have written himand how you gave written CB. It is so inaccurate that they are so young, damaged and broken, yet it is what saved them. I love Chuck and Blair in love. I love you having Nate teasing Chuck for being 'whipped' I could totally see that being something Nate would tease Chuck for.

Serena I think she needs to find out who she wants, and nake sure they feel the same. Because her pining over Dan, who clearly isn't over Blair is something I think she needs to figure out first, before jumping back into a relationship. Very well written, and so Serena though.

Jenny, I love how you have written her, I felt you have really had her grow up, I've read other fics where she is still childish and manipulative. But here, you really had her get past her issues with Chuck and Blair, and not hold a grudge against them for the past, and you wrote it so well. I can't wait to see how you do NJ.

Great job, can't wait to read more :)
Guest chapter 8 . 9/7/2013
Can we get more of this. want to know what happens with nate and Baby. is it really his? ppor Jenny. And more of Chuck Blair and twins
hallie chapter 5 . 8/13/2013
I love Chuck and Blair, you capture Them well.