Reviews for Tethered
Wynter Spite chapter 32 . 11/7/2014
Can I just say that you amaze me?
You have such a way of pulling the Winchester brothers apart and yet pushing them back together. It's delightful and exciting, enlivening and a little bit beautiful. Honestly, if I weren't already promised to the sliced pineapple awaiting me in the fridge, I'd propose to you.
But I'll bet you get that lot. I wouldn't even be able to woo you for five minutes without someone assassinating me and taking my place.
Alarming, but if I didn't have Pete the Pineapple, I'd risk it.
Jeanne chapter 32 . 9/14/2014
What a long and enjoyable ride! I loved the way you wrote the boys and their interactions with Wade and Nathan were wonderfully enlightening. Thank you so much for completing this story. It will be added to my favorites.
Hecate chapter 24 . 7/20/2014
I know Dean's intent was to save Greg but since he had Paytah's attention I think he should have at least tried to tell him where his brother's body was since the Indian did ask. It might have diffused the situation right or at the very lest cast some doubt. But, I do understand his immediate goal was to get him close enough to burn him with the sage. All in all a great chapter!
Hecate chapter 18 . 7/20/2014
I'm really enjoying Dean and Sam's interactive with other people and having dependable allies. Although there aren't any huge revelations, it it very revealing see how others view them and their relationship. I imagine to an outsider they must appear very co-dependent (which it is, no surprise there). What is surprising is just how much it is on display. I genuinely like Wade and Nathan. They perform their roles of diffusing the more compulsive aspects of Dean and Sam's actions admirably.
Hecate chapter 12 . 7/19/2014
Paytah is obviously in pain and grief over his brother. Not knowing exactly what his brother did to bring shame upon his people it is impossible to know if his is a righteous anger. Perhaps it is his forefathers themselves that hold the key to ending the Paytah murderous intent.
Hecate chapter 8 . 7/19/2014
Now this was an unexpected development! But, it does explain how the spirit of a long dead Indian warrior could command nature. That was the one thing that has puzzled me from the beginning.
Hecate chapter 6 . 7/19/2014
I read a lot of fan fiction and I honestly can't remember having encountering a more riveting story. One can't help but feel that if Sam and Dean could only speak freely to each other their fears might be allayed. Of course, Dean's almost pathological fear of 'chick flick' moments would most certainly forestall that.

Even though it has only been alluded to, I'm also interested in learning more about Wade's back story with his dead brother Oliver.
Danaa chapter 32 . 7/6/2014
I'm so glad to see you finish the story! It was a long and grand few years because of it.
I hope we'll be seeing more stories from you now that you've finished both Tethered and Surviving is Just Step One.
Anything on the horizon? (ノヮ)ノ*:・゚
Take care!
Leslie chapter 32 . 6/24/2014
this was a very enjoyable story. well crafted and thought out.
Wunjo chapter 32 . 6/22/2014
Another awesome story from one of the best story tellers in the business. You never disappoint and your writing of the characters is true to form no matter which way you choose to take a story. Loved the brother bonding - I am hard pressed to pick between this and the dark angel crossovers for tug at the heart bonding. Encore!
Swellison chapter 32 . 6/22/2014
Hi Cheryl,
Another awesome story, thank you for a long and very satisfying read. I've read most chapters twice because I've been reading in spurts, and since I've been having the attention span of a gerbil for awhile now, I re-read the previous chapter before tackling the newly posted chapter. This gives me a built-in opportunity to re-savor all the yummy parts and skirt/read past the cliffies - at least the second time around;-P
You have such a unique style and POV when it comes to capturing the Winchesters on paper. You show things entirely from Dean's POV, and then flip it so the reader sees everything from Sam's perspective in this carefully choreographed seesaw/tightrope act that ends satisfyingly with the boys in the middle, on common ground, driving off into the sunset. I love this, no matter which season of Winchester you're writing about.
With Tethered, you've managed to infuse the same conflicting and fascinating world views
on your original characters, Nathan and Wade. You've built two amazingly complex 3-D original characters who stand up well against the Winchesters, who the readers know everything under the sun about-and that's no mean feat;-) Not to mention Greg and Sheriff Fox are interesting in their own right.
So thanks again for a fantastic story!
auPHE chapter 32 . 6/21/2014
This fic is my favorite brotherly bond spnfic. I can't list all of the reasons why, partially because I don't have the mental power and partially because I would get emotional about them, but it really really is in my top five best spnfic list.

I get the feeling that you probably won't end up doing one, but you should really consider a sequel, so we can see everyone in town again and have more Wade and Nathan. Or maybe just a timestamp or two? Basically I CANNOT GET ENOUGH of your original characters. 3
k chapter 32 . 6/21/2014
...I'm SOOOO glad to see you are still with us and still love Supernatural. Missed your wonderful story telling...I don't have a computer or E-Mail address, so I'll leave with this... THANK YOU for sharing your talents with us. It's truly appreciated and I hope there is more to come!...k
anonymous chapter 32 . 6/21/2014
Thank you for sharing - this was a very powerful story that offers hope on many different levels.
Samantha V chapter 32 . 6/21/2014
Absolutely loved this story, and the ending did not disappoint! The town and it's characters were great, and I could so see it being a home for the boys if they didn't have more monsters to kill ;)
Thank-you!

(P.S. You may want to change the story's status to complete)
644 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »