Reviews for Unsinkable
readmered chapter 16 . 4/4
I am desperately hoping that you follow through with this story, I love it!

I must say, I was a little taken aback by the fast pace - I'm one who believes in plenty of forethought and reviewing and intense caution, but it is fun to read :) On that strain, I do wish we could have seen a little more of our original Erik, Leroux or Webber or Kay, if only to remind the reader that these are our same characters, simply another timeline.

Christine's past was brilliantly executed, and the father is an excellent addition to our interests. I was hoping for a darker past on Erik's side, but that's fine if you aren't a gritty writer. I've been through some crap in my life and I've always had a special interest in him for the similarities.

Also, may I just say... HOLY HOT SMUT, BATMAN. It was very tastefully written, but I didn't expect Christine to be such a dominant first-timer!

Over all, its a very strong story with impressive semantics and a very strong focus. 7.2 out of 10 for personal qualms.
Cassie chapter 16 . 10/28/2014
Um hi yes if you could do me a huge favor and PLEASE FINISH THIS STORY THANK YOU it would make me very happy.
cotesgoat chapter 16 . 10/3/2014
This is one of my favorite stories here, and I wish that you would update this sooner and more frequently.
Loki's-Phantom-x chapter 16 . 9/8/2014
Okay, I have just read all of this and have fallen completely head-over-heels in love with this story. Erik and Christine's relationship makes me giddy and I love your writing style. But knowing that this story is on the Titanic I know this is destined for some sort of heartbreak but really want to know what happens next. Please update soon. This is just fantastic!

Loki's-Phantom-x
cotesgoat chapter 1 . 7/24/2014
oh how I wish you would update this! It's a lovely story, and I find myself being quickly attached. I'm begging you; please update this story!
Phantom Shadow of the Titanic chapter 16 . 7/2/2014
Love it, love it, love it! I have to admit, I was a little bit worried back during the first few chapters of this Phic, because of the somewhat abrupt tone of the writing and the lack of description, that you wouldn't be able to do justice to the sinking, especially when I saw that that there were only two chapters devoted to it. But man, you've gotten much better throughout the story! And yes, you're totally doing justice to the sinking so far! You've really captured the tension and tragedy of it! And I love having E and C get married right in the middle of it! That's perfect! It's just like how lots of couples get married just before the husband's about to go off to war just in case he doesn't come back. And you totally captured the range of emotions they'd both be going through in those moments. It was really powerful!

Btw, you've also done a really good job giving the reader a sense of Titanic's size. I've read some stories that, like yours, keep a narrow focus on their main characters, but, in doing so, they narrow down your sense of the ship and make it feel small. And, of course, part of Titanic's majesty was her size! But you've done a really good job keeping that sense of scale. The ship feels as big as she should in your story. So good going!

Um, what the heck do you mean, though, that there's no cliffy? You left them both in the middle of the sinking of the Titanic just as all hell's about to brake loose! I can't wait to hear if/how they're both going to get off the ship! I hope they're *both* going to get off the ship! :-( Though, given how much of this is inspired by the James Cameron movie (which I love too btw), you've got me worried.

Anyway, I can't wait to hear how this ends! Awesome work!
Phantom Shadow of the Titanic chapter 9 . 7/2/2014
Great chapter! The tenderness between E and C in this scene is beautiful! Love the scene where he has her dance for him, too. Normally I dislike All I Ask of You because Christine sings it with Raoul. But I liked how you used it here! I wish you had more descriptions of the ship, though. And Christine should have been in awe when she saw the grand staircase! :-) She may have been, but it kind of didn't come through. And seriously, can one have any other reaction but awe on seeing that? That ship was just so beautiful!

And I have to say, thanks so very much for combining two of my favourite and most powerful obsessions - POTO and the RMS Titanic! As you thought it would, the combination works wonderfully!
FantomPhan33 chapter 16 . 6/10/2014
Loved the wedding, fast and necessary. Too bad she did not take the "obey" part seriously, ha ha.
I am kind of glad she stayed with him, only for more drama and suspense. However that is for the story...if it was real life I would be like YOU FOOL...first of all, that poor man has enough to worry about - getting himself, her father and now Raoul to safety somehow, the last thing he needs is one more person to worry about. BUT...again, this is love and a story so I am all for them remaining together. He just better make it because I keep thinking that if Rose had stayed in the boat, Jack could have been on that door like she was and lived...grrrrrrrrrr.
Can't wait to see what our newlyweds do...wow, sucky wedding night!
Thanks for updating
Shavon Black chapter 16 . 4/28/2014
This was amazing. You have grown so much as a writer, I just love your stuff!
momo chapter 1 . 4/26/2014
Looking forward to reading the story, but I got part way through the first chapter and had to stop and point out that Carmen is actually performed in French and not Spanish (even though it is set in Spain).
EriksCoeur chapter 16 . 4/26/2014
Loved the wedding. The scene where Jack and Rose just stare at eachother when the boat is being lowered... oh man, I cry every single time. Even when I saw Titanic in the theaters 7 times when in came out in 97 lol. :P

Love the story. Please don't make one of them die! I don't need something else to cry over!
EriksCoeur chapter 2 . 4/25/2014
I've been waiting for a story like this. :)
PhantomFan01 chapter 16 . 4/24/2014
I am glad they got married although the abrupt wedding is understandable :) I guess he was being selfish because he really cared about her that much and I like the fact Christine is so stubborn :) Like the way she jumps back onto the ship and they confess their true feelings for each other :D Can't wait for the next chapter :D
Dkk5 chapter 16 . 4/24/2014
I understand you are following the Titanic movie but I don't suppose, for me, a new and enthralled reader, that you could save them and ditch her father, if someone has to be sacrificed. I can't handle this as one of their endings.
princess07890 chapter 16 . 4/23/2014
That was amazing! I really loved it. I was just curious how Erik knew everything about the sinking?