Reviews for This Reflection of Me
Kokoroyume chapter 5 . 11/17/2013
Oh, this one was pretty dark... but quite amazing too.
These stories are definitely like anything else (and make me rewatched some DW episodes, I so enjoyed watching again 'The end of time' yesterday night thanks to this series !)
mericat chapter 4 . 10/21/2013
Still trying to figure out how these stories got away from me. Your Master is so deliciously complex, loving wreaking havoc, yet still with some kind of conscience. I think the link with Donna is purposeful. But she is in such misery about it.
EDZEL2 chapter 5 . 8/12/2012
Oh wow. What a fantastic (if sad for me, because I adore SimmMaster) end - well done and thank you for sharing your 'strange and most demanding beast' with us! I look forward to the next story but now I really am going to have to do my chores... you see, I couldn't resist reading it all in one go! Thank you again.
EDZEL2 chapter 4 . 8/12/2012
Fabulous, fabulous! It's like Dr Who mixed up with Lord of the Rings and I don't know what else! The Master is horribly cruel (can't imagine this being shown before the watershed, LOL) but it's entirely in keeping with the character as we know him...

There are (and I've hardly liked to mention it before, because the story is so good) still a few grammatical erorrs and mis-spellings, mostly to do with past and future tense I notice, although your English is much much better than your earlier works. Its still a terrific story though!
EDZEL2 chapter 3 . 8/12/2012
OK, I couldn't resist reading chapter 3... what can I say, except how brilliantly you've captured the Master - his madness, his vulnerability, his scornful tone... I particularly loved the last scene with Donna and the Master. In a way, this is what I would have loved to see in TEOT, except that obviously went a different way (and I still love it).

It was pretty obvious (to me, so it must have been intentional) that the Dark Lord was Cumberbatch Master... the rhythm of his speech, his physical description... i don't suppose we will ever get a Simm/Cumberbatch regeneration on the TV show, but I do like how your story ensures we get both versions of the Master and I can't wait to see what happens in the next chapter...!
EDZEL2 chapter 2 . 8/12/2012
I'm from the UK, and what a fabulous story this is - your imagery is fantastic. I will have to take a break now as I have chores I must do, but I'll be coming back to finish the remaining three chapters this afternoon/evening for definite!

Now that I've read some of the story I'm going to go back and re-watch your video...!
EDZEL2 chapter 1 . 8/12/2012
As I said on YouTube when I happened across the video trailer for 'This Reflection of Me' - WOW! I'm more than a little out of the loop where your work is concerned and am very happy to think that I now have this story and 'A Map of The Soul' to enjoy ...

I've downloaded and am listening to 'Archangel' as I read this and I can see how you were inspired, just from the first paragraph alone... so thank you for introducing me to Two Steps From Hell and this story! The music reminds me a little of Nightwish (another of my favourites) and also has a touch of 'Avatar' and 'City of the Fallen' about it - magnificent, epic tunes, just right for The Master, whose life has been so tragic... and there are definite similarites to Murray Gold's fabulous Dr Who scores too, enough to make a connection... ok enough waffling from me about that, and on with the review:

Firstly, the setting of the story and the music is a powerful combination - there are elements of it which remind me a little of Ian M Banks' series of 'Culture' novels, but less confusing! (bought three, haven't finished even one of them yet!) Your imagery is fabulous - and if I may be so bold, your written English has come on in huge leaps and bounds from your very early stories.

I love that the Doctor and the Master are reluctant even to speak Rassilon (not Rassilion, lol) name - 'he who must not be named', indeed!

By the way, the 'partitions' on the castle wall are 'castellations' - thought you might like to know that! (thanks to my gaming son and husband I know more than I probably want to about that kind of thing...)

/"I am lord Oakdown." The Master answered for himself. "Not from anywhere in particular." He added with a smirk./ wonderful line! The Master at his snarky best!

What a great first chapter - it's not hard to see where this is going (I think) - Rassilon is obviously the thing stalking the northlands? And the Master trapping the people in the stables... he's going to get it in the neck from the Doctor and Donna when they catch up with him!

Right, on to chapter two...
AkashaV chapter 5 . 6/28/2012
Loving this series so far. Very well written. I could easily imagine the episodes that could be. They should pick you up as a writer for the show! :) Can't wait for the next installment!
Xiilnek chapter 5 . 6/25/2012
I can't promise a good review because my brain is not really working at this time of night/morning, but thank you for a really fun ride! I enjoyed this story thoroughly, and my imagination is really running with the idea of this new Master and what he might be like, the things he might do! I look forward to seeing what you do with this new development, and thank you for all your hard work.
GallifreyMaster chapter 5 . 6/25/2012
Noooooooo he's regenerated! I can't imagine him as any other person, yes all his past incarnations of course, and my personal fav Simms master.

Im do sad he's changed!

Apart from me flailing at the regeneration I thought it was a fantastic chapter! A great well thought out story.

The master truly needs saving from hinself, and I think deep down he knows this. The poor Doctor has been through so much yet he still believes in his old friend, he will never give up on the master, and I absolutely love how you have portrayed this.

Please please let's have John simmS master back though? Pleeeease?

Can't wait until the next story begins. Keep up the fantastic work. I can't express how much I enjoy reading your stuff.
ZutaraAlways chapter 5 . 6/25/2012
Hey! Sorry for the late review. I am so enraptured by this series! Your works bring tears of joy to my eyes!

I have one question about this chapter, though, something that I might have missed when reading it: if Omega's essence is trapped in the gold disk, then why is it that the nightmare child's image appears?

Thanks for another great chapter and looking forward to more!
x-Avarice-x chapter 5 . 6/19/2012
I still don't like that he regenerated, but you did an excellent job of it. Can't wait for the next story!
verse naberrie chapter 5 . 6/17/2012
oh, so sad :(,

but i am glad that this forest man was not the master from the future, he seened to know more than normal human and i started to worry that master is torturing himself , it would be the shame

can master re-past-regenerate? the benedict is ok, but john simm is better. i think that producents should think about similar option for doctor, he is in 11th regenaration, two more series and the doctor will have to die :D

why master did not want doctor to see him, when he died?

i am really curious to know what will happen next , the situation is more complex than in last books

(obey master verse and make a happy ending)
SC chapter 5 . 6/16/2012
Fantastic as always! I just love how you write The Master, and I think I always will. Your writing is just so solid I always have to read the entire story in one go. Your stories are always worth the wait.
GuesssWho chapter 5 . 6/16/2012
I hope the Master doesn't go all bad again.

Shame he regenerated, I like Simm!Master.