Reviews for the Aftermath
Trekkenbeck chapter 5 . 5/30
Aw, how cruel and unfair of you to end the story this way! You're missing a chapter. The chapter should include flirtin', fireworks, and romance between a certain cowboy and his girl. Gentleness and mutual respect are a must, with words and actions taking things nice and slow...the only things fast and pounding are their heartbeats. I expect this chapter to be delivered forthwith.
Guest chapter 5 . 9/12/2014
Beautifully written. Great story.
Guest chapter 4 . 9/12/2014
Great chapter.
Guest chapter 2 . 9/12/2014
This is such a great story. You've done a great job capturing the emotions of everyone.
Debbie w chapter 5 . 9/1/2014
I have read many Fanfiction stories about this wonderful series,especially the Matt/Kitty relationship. I must say this is so well written. I believe this is an accurate account of just how Matt and Kitty got through this horrific ordeal. The emotion,intense pain,anger and finally Matt,s patient, honest and endless love...all of it jumps right at you through your was indeed a special love...the legacy of "Gunsmoke". Brilliant writing!
NevadaRose chapter 5 . 8/10/2014
this is such a well done story. the hostage episode has always been a deeply moving one but the idea of ending it as an episode and not including the events as part of the story arc was one of the biggest issues with the series. in my own view of GS, i write changes to what happened so that Matt and Kitty and Dodge never come up against this. thank you for taking on this topic so sincerely and lovingly. dare i comment that it looks like you've had to deal with rape and trauma in your own life or that of someone dear to you?
Kittylover chapter 5 . 2/16/2013
My heart was breaking for Kitty all through this story until the very last when she came down with that ribbon in her hair. I was actually cheering. You are among a very short list of writers that actually seem to understand Kitty Russell. I applaud your talent.
Guest chapter 5 . 1/20/2013
Another one that had me in tears but perfect ending.
Glow1012 chapter 5 . 11/13/2012
What a great story! I was hoping someone would follow up the Hostage storyline! You did a wonderful job!
mahc chapter 5 . 4/22/2012
Dang! Go out of town for a week and see what you miss! I remember this lovely story and am delighted to see it again here. Beautiful "Hostage!" ATC. I'm always a sucker for those. I love Matt's complete dedication and angst over Kitty. I like the inclusion of Judge Brooker, too, and the fact that he not only knows about Matt and Kitty's relationship, he accepts it as the same as his own with his wife. Great job!

tjp chapter 5 . 4/17/2012
This was such a heart touching story. Of all of the ATC's I have read of "Hostage," this is my favorite. It would have made a good follow-up episode for "Hostage."

SingerMe chapter 5 . 4/17/2012
Kitty Russell was most certainly a very strong and courageous lady. Wonderful job on this.
lostcowgirl chapter 5 . 4/17/2012

You've done it again! This time you captured the array of emotions a woman who has been raped goes through. I'm glad to say its not something I've gone through and I sincerely hope you haven't experienced it either. The closest I came was a call from the young woman my brother was then dating. She was trying to reach him, but got me instead and I was there to listen to all the pain that she felt about what had just happened to her - the need to talk about it coupled with the need to hold it in because of the shame. She never fully recovered. The last I heard of how she was doing was from the best man at our wedding who lived in the same apartment building as she did back then. Even nearly a quarter century later she wasn't healed and had turned to drugs in an effort to stem the pain.

ladybrit chapter 5 . 4/17/2012
A great story. Such a lot of heartfelt emotion. Thanks for writing it . H
Redzz chapter 5 . 4/17/2012
"G", Thank You!..This was so Beautiful!..Just as it should have been...What we should have seen!...*Wink*