Reviews for a perfect sonnet
Not SP Approved chapter 12 . 3/27
I just, I'm not much of a commenter, but this is so good. Reading the trilogy, I got so pissed with the romance because I felt like it detracted from the plot and I felt like it was pointless. It was pretty clear to me from Catching Fire that Katniss would end up with Peeta, but I still thought of Gale as so much superior (not because Peeta was bad, per se, he just seemed to be lacking. His main characteristic was that he was nice, while Gale was definitely a more interesting character, but in Mockingjay he was so at odds with her it seemed painful, and thinking of wars and idealism and his experiences, I sympathized with him so much because for all of his grey morality, he saw the bigger picture beyond just the Games and Katniss and Peeta- he knew what it took to win a war, and it wasn't pretty, but it was realistic, which is what it boils down to. Peeta is pretty, Gale is realistic, and Katniss is somewhere in-between, still trying to figure things out). Their relationship, or lack of, in the first book made it a bad start, and Mockingjay was just painful for me to read because Peeta was a cool guy, but Katniss was so damn focused on him that she seemed to be overlooking a lot of major factors in the war. Personally, I would much rather the time spent writing about the love triangle be devoted to the socio-economic, and political aspects of Panem and a civil war.
That being said, the whole Katniss-Peeta relationship always seemed to be born of trauma, which isn't necessarily bad for friendship, but she was so dependent on the thought of him in the last two books that is seemed like such a detraction from the Katniss in the first book that had kept me reading and come back. So Gale and Katniss always seemed nice to me, but not feasible (and neither had Katniss and Peeta, but they were suddenly cannon despite it all and that just made me peeved because if unhealthy relations are really going to be such a pivotal part of the writing, at least give Gale a chance because, again, from the dynamics in Mockingjay, being with Peeta seemed just as unsuitable for Katniss and being with Gale, that is to say that both relationships have glaring flaws and great aspects).
In this story, the downside to Gale's bloodlust (and that is there, from the start; it's not unreasonable, from my POV at least, but it should be noticed), the derailment of Katniss' character from the first to third book, and the dynamics of it all is all looked at critically (and then you have the world-building with Paylor and Gale's team and whatnot). Plus, the time allowed a realistic approach to Gale, Peeta, and Katniss' relationship (because no one should be unfortunate enough to marry their first love, especially when that love happens at age 17 in the middle of a war and whatnot) that naturally develops into what I think is a much healthier (and preferable, given Gale and Katniss' backgrounds, priorities, and personalities) relationship than what the books had.
It's just a very good Galeniss story, and I like how it is canon compliant (ignoring the epilogue, of course) in a way that deals with the character's personalities better than most fan fictions (and, in my opinion, the ending of the books in the sense that who Katniss and Gale where in the first two books, the beginning of the third, and the trauma and paranoia Katniss has gone through just didn't seem to fit right with how things ended up, but again, that could just be me being bitter about Everlark).
Sally chapter 27 . 12/25/2015
GOD I LOVE IT! It's the best Galeniss story I've ever read. Please, please, please write a sequel. I know you said in the final notes that you thought about it and a lot of your readers wanted it, so please if you have time and you want I would love to read a sequel or a oneshot about Katniss and Gale life together, their future and the squad adventures. Please! I would be so good.
lkov chapter 27 . 11/30/2015
Beautiful! Fantastic! Wonderful story. There's no way Katniss could stay with Peeta forever, they just don't work as well as her and Gale. Loved this, but was kinda sad that I didn't know about it three years ago and read it "live" (as you were posting). I kinda feel like I missed part of the whole experience... Off to see if you did end up writing a sequel, and looking for more Gale/Katniss fics. Thank you!
saraeszter chapter 27 . 11/25/2015
Oh my god, now I should go and take a cold shower. :-)))) Sara from Hungary
Eleid chapter 27 . 10/5/2015
This was so beautiful, the most wonderful thing Ive read in a long time, really.
I read this last chapter very swoly trying to make it last as long as possible. Sadly is over.
Thank you for this amazing journey!
Eleid chapter 25 . 10/4/2015
I have to be honest, I didnt like this chapter that much, I couldnt enjoy it like I would like. Ok, first and may be shallow but i hated that she had sex with peeta, and worst to enjoy it.
But the most important thing I didnt like is that she made all the break up with peeta about peeta and how good, noble, wonderful man he is...I mean, I know he is all of those things but what bothers me is that she always thought about peeta first, she hesitate leaving peeta because he doesnt deserve it, because he gave her all his heart and blablabla it and of course she is alright about that, he is a really good person; but she barely question how her actions hurted/hurts gale, she barely thinks in his feelings, in how much he also loves her and all hed donefor her...is like she considere peeta more worthy that gale.
I ve had the same feeling about several galeniss fic that Ive read, not with this, until this chapter.
Eleid chapter 24 . 10/4/2015
Im crying!
So sad, I wanted for them to make love before she went to peeta (grrr i hate peeta!)
Sometimes I would like for gale to move on from her and when he is already in love with someone else katniss realizes that she loves him and she for once being the one begging for him to love her!
Anyway Im in love with this story!
Eleid chapter 20 . 10/4/2015
hasnt sense gale lets katiniss go to the mission, directly to the danger...
Eleid chapter 13 . 10/3/2015
Annie and little finni are so sweet!
And I love how good is gale with kids, one more reason to love him :)
I cant stand katniss sometimes, she can be so infuriating!
Eleid chapter 4 . 10/2/2015
so sad, Im crying right next to gale :(
So well written the dinner, with all the expresions and feelings flying around.
Excellent chapter
Eleid chapter 1 . 10/2/2015
fantastic start. Ive been looking for days a good galeniss story and seems finally I found it!
Love your portray of gale!
Huge Fangirl1 chapter 13 . 7/7/2015
HI! This is my first time reading Fanfic, and let me tell you. You are awesome! It's almost like Suzanne collins wrote a novella, (but with more gale and katniss) I always loved gale, and you are doing an awesome job at portraying him and his emotions/feelings for Katniss. Awesome Job. I hope you write more Stories! Have a great day! :)
PinkHanon chapter 14 . 7/1/2015
I think this may be my favorite chapter...
FrenchKote chapter 27 . 6/19/2015
I just wanted to say, this is my second time reading this fic. Because it's my absolute fav Everthorne fic ever. Funny and emotional. Kudos to you. And thanks for this wonderful piece of writing. Gale and Katniss forever 3
Guest chapter 27 . 5/16/2015
This is the best Everthorne fanfic I have ever read! I love how you developed the characters over time, and the writing was just amazing! It felt like I was reading something that Suzanne Collins wrote for an after story of the hunger games. I haven't seen if you have other stories connecting to this one, but if you don't I feel like this is a good way to end it. This is so amazingly good!