Reviews for That Fateful Night
AvelynnLoverxX chapter 1 . 8/6
This was sooo great! :D
Guest chapter 1 . 9/4/2014
I dont know who you are but if i knew you we would get along quite well. I also have an outsiders obsession though i type very properly i am a Greaser i have a fanclub that is no socs aloud my friends and i are like the girl versions of the gang and im going as a Greaser girl for halloween
Stay Gold
Shadow
Psyched Out chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
That was AMAZING! Beautifully written, the imagery was great! Everything about it was perfect!

I was a little hesitant at first about reading this, a friend recommended it to me. We also read this in school, but I wasn't as into as you obviously were. But I decided to give it a shot, for my friend (: and I'm very glad I did! Now I want to read the actual book now...

Thank you for this, it was a great pleasure to read!
Raevi chapter 1 . 1/12/2013
Absolutely awesome work for your first fanfic. It was amazing, absolutely perfect and heart wrenching!
KoMoose chapter 1 . 8/4/2012
Wow, that was great! A little tip though, you could've left out all the stuff in the beginning. All the stuff that was in the book I mean. Like Johnny and Ponyboy asleep in the lot, although I loved his dream! I love that Dally taught Sodapop "shit" 3
All and all, great job!
littlecurtis chapter 1 . 7/29/2012
Whoa!It does not make me cringe, but the thought of Darry losing his
little brother breaks my heart. It is sad that Pony thinks Darry does not care about him;that he thinks Darry only cares about Soda. Great story!
I'm working on a series of chapters in which the Curtis brothers have a little sister, and she's younger than Pony. She gets in trouble with Darry
as much( if not more)than Pony; not legal stuff, just the usual. Things like
not keeping her room clean, forgetting homework assignments, sneaking out and coming home late, swearing, backtalk, and maybe a few other
things I am leaving out. She's not totally bad, but does try to get away
with alot. I'll try to work on the story very soon and publish it asap.
littlecurtis
Iamafanoftoomanythingstoname chapter 1 . 7/7/2012
I'm so glad Ponyboy's alive! Whew, what a relief! :)

And, awww, I felt so bad for Darry. I almost cried! I wanted to hug him so bad through the entire thing! :( So glad that Pony forgave him!

This is going on my favorites list!
StayGold4ever chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
I absolutely love this. You kept me on the edge of my seat till the end! And everyone was so wonderfully in charecter! Beautiful job ;)
Alexis Night chapter 1 . 4/30/2012
Oh, God. Pony almost died thinking Darry hated him! Thank God...
cowgirlbookworm2 chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
That was soooo good! I loved it a lot!
Scarlett Wallflower chapter 1 . 4/15/2012
Great job for your first fic. I enjoyed that.

You said that you wanted some constructive criticism in your author's note at the top so I thought I'd give you a couple tips for some things I noticed in here.

The cool thing about fan fiction is that the original author basically did all the heavy lifting for you in terms of describing the plot, setting, characters, etc.

With that in mind, you can leave out lengthy descriptions of what all the characters are like, unless you're writing an AU story and you've changed things around.

Also, when you write stories that include the Curtis brothers, the tendency is to make it fluffy and sweet. And that's fine, just make sure you don't go over the top and get too sappy to the point where it's unrealistic behavior for three teenage guys.

But don't sweat that last one too much, there are plenty of people who are guilty of that in this fandom.

On the more positive side, I liked how you didn't copy verbatim from the book, how you kept it recognizable while still adding in your own personal touches.

I thought that you did a good job avoiding the use of wooden dialogue, i.e., you made sure to use regional dialect and write how it's spoken.

So anyway, for your first fic, this is really great! Keep writing because I'm very interested in seeing more from you.
estrellala98 chapter 1 . 4/14/2012
Absolutely AH-MAZING! You had us on the edge of our seats with Ponyboy and whether he was going to survive or not! That was so sweet! The bonds between the brothers were expressed really well; you really understand the characters. Keep up the good work. Maybe more fanfics similar to this?

XOXO,

J & C
The Optimist and The Genius chapter 1 . 4/14/2012
pretty good! i liked it. i have no suggestions to make it better than it already is because its perfect. it kinda made me tear up a little. can you check my storis to see if their any good?
lolihateeveryone chapter 1 . 4/14/2012
0HMYGAWDDDD. i just had a fangirl moment. This is SO adorable.

"At least then I know he knows who I am. I walk in that house, and nobody says anything. I stay away all night, and nobody notices. At least you got Soda. I ain't got nobody." I looked up, startled out of my misery."

-Aw :( poor Johnnycakes. this seriously breaks my heart..

'How could I do that?" Darry whispered, horrified. 'I struck Pony. I hurt…'-Here tears began to shine in his eyes-'I hurt my little brother. What would Mom and Dad think? Oh, God,' Darry slowly sunk to the floor, resting his back against the worn doorframe. Soda sat down next to him, not touching, but not running away either. Not doing anything. "Soda? Oh, Soda, don't hate me. Please don't hate me. Pony hates me. I hate me. I couldn't stand it if you hate me too. But I guess I deserve it. You should hate me. No real brother would've hurt his younger brother. It's my job to protect you two from that, and I'm the one who did it. I didn't protect you from myself.' Darry was crying softly into his hands, unable to fathom how he had stooped so low."

-Darry is my least favorite in the gang, but I feel like I really relate to him here. I love stories that show Darry's feelings on hitting Ponyboy.

"'Pony, baby, wake up. Come on little buddy, we need you. Soda needs you, Johnny needs you, and I need you.' Darry clutched the soaking Pony to his chest, not caring in the least if he got wet too. 'Oh Pony, I'm so, so sorry baby. I didn't mean too. I would give anything to take it back Pone, anything. You gotta come back little buddy. Come back to us. Please, baby, please. I'msorryI'msorryI'msorry,' He was rocking him now, chanting, Soda sobbing next to them, long ago having given up on holding it back. Johnny just sat there, shocked, staring numbly at the face of his best friend. Pony, ice cold and dripping, lay still. Darry sobbed, burying is head in Pony's chest. Johnny looked away. Soda stared at the face of his baby brother, disbelieving, as tears ran down his cheeks. They left tracks in the grime."

-I'm in tears :( this is so heartbreaking.

"After what seemed like an eternity, but just a moment, we let go. I sat back and looked at my family-what was left of it-and smiled. I had my brothers back. Both of them. And that's the way it was gonna stay."

-Happy tears! omigosh this is soooo fluffy and amazing haha.

This is really really really good! haha sorry about the long review but.. this is just so good :P
beyondthedarknessliesgreatness chapter 1 . 4/14/2012