Reviews for Schadenfreude
E d e n chapter 1 . 4/15/2012
I liked how you had the last addition to the team as the personified form of Sasuke's anger&madness, and I think that point could have definitely been expanded upon (the madness at least, because right now he doesn't seem crazy.. just having depressing thoughts and apathy, which are understandable seeing where he's been hanging the last couple years).

Next point is. Orochimaru's order. That seemed a bit abrupt, and while I know that was supposed to be the point, the way you had him make Sasuke come out at 2 a.m. of all times, to get... tattoos (for ninja purposes, yes but..) is bit of a /too/ convenient plot-point here. Perhaps, if you had worded it differently so it could be more believable or at least have the order phrased in a more Orochimaru-like way...

And last but not least, Sasuke's attachment to Sakura. While yes, this was a one-shot and just a plot-bunny, I felt Sasuke's sorta-maybe sentimental thoughts concerning Sakura was too intense, especially at this stage. He's never shown any friendly gesture toward her beyond the protect-thy-teammate way, and if anything, they were barely friends during their short year together. Now don't get me wrong, I am all for SasuSaku romance but love that comes out of thin air just seems superficial to me, even if it was a feeling that was not quite love. When he stabbed Kabuto for that 'joke,' I thought that was bit of a dramatic reaction; it would have been more understandable if it was his mother he saw on that operation table. But Sakura? No. If you want to make it more believable though, you'll have to expand on his feelings for her, through flashbacks or something- and no, I definitely do not mean stretch his feelings into disproportional sizes. Gradual development is key in /any/ story, and being able to do that in just one-shot is what makes the good writers stand out from the amateurs [; & you definitely have the writing ability for it, so I have no doubt you can do it.
Life'sNotPerfect chapter 1 . 4/15/2012
this was so sad :(

when i fir read the summary i thought Sasuke was going to save her or something like that.

But why her hair was pink and her eyes were blue?

Anyway great job!You write amazingly

And i'm waiting for the next chapter of "Love and in War" :D
L Bell Sha chapter 1 . 4/15/2012
great job! I liked the dark side in which you wrote in and I think you got sasuke just right!
Rene2 chapter 1 . 4/15/2012
Different indeed... but very intriguing... I really hope you are going to continue this. It's quite rare to find someone who's even halfway capable of writing a good Sasuke!
Shira chapter 1 . 4/15/2012
I like how you have explaines tthe reasons for Sasuke team, and the reasons for him to stay.

fantastic style as ever
Mokimoki-chan chapter 1 . 4/15/2012
Oh man oh man.

I though Sakura was actually dead.

Thank the heavens it was just an experiment:)

Or was it...(;
Higanbana.4 chapter 1 . 4/15/2012
Lovely. I really like how you portray Sasuke's character... even though he's a bastard, he still cares in his own way. The way you write Sasuke, it's intense, yeah.

A good piece.

-Higanbana
randomteenager chapter 1 . 4/15/2012
Interesting story!

I really like the summary for it. The concept is incredibly interesting. I like the twist you had, where the girl had blue eyes instead of green, thus proving it wasn't Sakura.

It was well written and well done. I like the way you portrayed Sasuke's point of view, I think it fit his character nicely.

Overall great job. It's nice reading a well-written story here on little ol' fanfiction. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 4/14/2012
I really liked this, I didn't think I would cause it only had a hint of sasusaku, but it was really great.
powerofmicrofibre chapter 1 . 4/14/2012
lovvveee! it was so good, and amazingly written, subscribed!
JinnySkeans chapter 1 . 4/14/2012
Yet another original, unique story! I don't think enough time was spent in the series devoted to what Orochimaru and Kabuto were up to, and Sasuke's reactions to the experimentations. It was nice to read a story delving further into that.

Your writing remains as high-level and eloquent as ever. Thanks for another wonderful piece!
Peneia Teke chapter 1 . 4/14/2012
That was really good!

I don't generally like reading stories from Sasuke's point-of-view because most authors struggle with his character, but you captured his personality really well.

I also like how the pink haired girl kind of sets Sasuke's goal in to motion. It's nice to know he still cares.

Looking forward to the next chapter of Catch 22!
Alyssa Michele chapter 1 . 4/14/2012
Freaked me out a little when he said pink hair, but then I was pretty relieved when it wasn't Sakura. Eek now I feel bad for the other person character! I haven't read anything like this I think, so I'm definitely anticipating the next chapter, but 'Love and in War' especially!(:
xEmotionalx chapter 1 . 4/14/2012
It was still a lovely story even though she wasn't there well i see Sakura isn't the only strawberry out there :D id love to read more of your stories start making more please

- Your newest fan,

xEmotionalx
Kaze and Kiba chapter 1 . 4/14/2012
Chilling and hauntingly descriptive. You write Sasuke admirably. And I have to admit, I'm kinda glad Sakura wasn't in this one, except in spirit.

Thanks, January.