Reviews for Best Laid Plans
laloga chapter 50 . 3/27
At last! They smooched! While airborne, no less. Talk about a kiss to remember! :D

This was a lovely way to tie off the Tatooine arc. Well done. :)
moody bloom chapter 50 . 3/22
*squeak*

Awwwh finally they get their stuff together... for now!

Well done you. How sweet and lovely this has turned out to be! I'm so excited to read more.
Haul Jets chapter 50 . 3/19
So I just finished reading all of Vacy's adventures so far over the course of two days, and I am deeply, deeply impressed. Your committment to telling her story as a whole, no matter how long that takes, is something I know I could never match. The fact that every chapter of every story is also vividly described, nicely paced, well-proofread, and clearly thought-out makes it the most impressive series I have ever read here. Tremendous kudos for all the work you've clearly put into this.

Smugglers with dark pasts and great reluctance to commit being romanced by Corso are something of a trope here, but Vacy holds her own. She frequently frustrates me, but as a living person rather than as a character; her growth is slow, measured, and believable, keeping us off balance and eager to keep reading even though we know where things will ultimately end up. Corso himself has grown beyond the game's confines in your capable hands but retains his Corso-ness, simultaneously true to Bioware's writing of him and very much your own.

Your expansion of secondary characters also enhances your narrative. Just with recent examples: I hardly gave a second thought to Tookreek, Nariel, or even Bowdaar (poor guy just sat on my ship all day), but you took all three of them and rounded them out, making me want to see more of them (even when that was tough for you, as with Bowdaar, so extra kudos).

My favorite, though, was Risha's scene with our carbonite-frozen friend; your interpretation of her there was fantastic, and I'd love to see more of it. Her earlier confident manipulations make that moment of vulnerability all the more affecting.

Getting to be essay length, so I'll stop here. Thank you so much for sharing these stories with us. I'm eager to see what's next for Farm Boy and Galaxy Girl.
Nerica chapter 50 . 3/16
*squeeeeeeeee* FINALLY! My precious, now all they have to do is tell each other how much they... Ahem.

Don't you just love it when one tiny, almost inconsequential, headcanon bunny simply takes over and before you know it, you've got a 50-chapters-long monster on your hands? LOL

You know, despite all the sneak peeks I was lucky enough to get, and being privy to most of your plot twists, I still find myself eagerly awaiting Vacy and co's continuing adventures! Keep up the good work! u

Oh, and by the way, there had better be "lots of fat, happy babies" in their future! ;)
Fer8girl chapter 50 . 3/15
YAY! They kiss!(repeat ad nauseum, lol) 'Bout freaking time they hooked up!
laloga chapter 49 . 2/13
Oh, Nariel! "Why couldn't she keep being an asshole?" I feel you, Vacy. I really do. Sigh. But I think Nariel's story ending in her death is fitting in a way - especially if Zare dies, too. There's a sense of balance there. Besides, Nariel is almost *too* pure to be a "real" person, if that makes sense. She's just *so* ready to be a martyr...this is sorta like just desserts, in a way? (I feel like a jerk for even thinking that, lol)

Her comment about not wanting medicine was interesting; it fit really well with her pious attitude. Is that something you've come across in canon?

I loved the action here, and I was *not* expecting Zare to use that time-release ability, but it made total sense. Even in her last moments, she put all of her energy in taking Nariel down with her, in true Sith-ly fashion.

Aww, Vacy and Corso are always lovely together. I enjoyed their talk about Skavak at the end, as it was a nice reminder of the bigger picture. Looks like they're off for more adventures. :)
moody bloom chapter 49 . 1/17
Awww no, not Nariel!

I like your interpretations of in-game stuff. (I often imagine the smuggler coin-flip can be analogised to some well-deserved cantina downtime or a nap.)

I love smooches for courage :D
Nerica chapter 49 . 1/14
Bahaha, flipping a coin! XD

Nooo, you let Tookie live, but then killed Nariel off D: I mean, I like Tooke, but no fair!
That said, I gotta admit I loved that 'Crushing Darkness'; so very fitting. That was genius. I don't think it was a stretch at all, nor was the stim's effect.

Also, I'm glad you decided to mention Skavak, as I've always felt his absence on Nar Shaddaa was a tad strange/lazy writing. Something tells me Farm Boy's gut feeling might be right... ;) lol
birdonabird chapter 49 . 1/13
Losing Nariel wasn't artificial at all, but it was certainly heartbreaking! Vacy and Corso did right by her. So happy to have more of this story!
Fer8girl chapter 49 . 1/10
Well Done! I love how well you described the release of Kolto, making something that happens so often in the game plausible and tangible. Could totally see 'Crushing Darkness' in Zare. Btw, my fave heal is 'Feign Death', you grasp your throat going 'ACK!' then collapse in a puddle until you've healed.
dakkie chapter 49 . 1/10
Ack, you killed her! You killed Nariel! T-T

Still happy you updated, though. Can't wait for the next chapter!
paganjames chapter 23 . 1/8
You make it hard to like Vacy. I certainly don't feel any sympathy for her. You are a good writer however so I'll keep reading.
laloga chapter 48 . 1/8
Oh, geez. "For courage." My heart and brain melted at that; Corso is *such* a sweetheart, and smexy as all get-out. He and Vacy are wonderful together!

Loved the action in this chapter. Great job capturing the hectic nature of this scene; I could picture everything very clearly, which can be challenging for complex action sequences. But this was marvelously done. :)

I'm definitely looking forward to the next installment in Vacy and Corso's adventures. (And I apologize for being MIA!)
Fer8girl chapter 48 . 12/8/2014
Love your action sequences, they flow so smoothly! Corso calling Vacy out is hilarious too :D

Fave NPC(other than to companions, have a few favorites there) Darth Vowran from the Sith Warrior story line... and he has a cameo in the Sith Inquisitor story line. I LOVE how jolly his voice is and it was so great to see a Sith who wasn't all doom and gloom. Being Dark Side doesn't mean you can't have a sense of humor!
birdonabird chapter 48 . 11/24/2014
I don't know where to stop flaaaiiiiling and start reviewing! D Your one-liners are seriously comedy gold.

I don't think I've mentioned before that I love how you pull in fighting action from in-game while still making it flow so well. I can recognize the motion and action, but it still goes smooth and fits in with the prose. I love that.

MOAR SMOOCHIN.