Reviews for like a moth to a flame
Satiah chapter 1 . 9/28/2014
Very poignant. Each section was just long enough to stab emotionally, seeing what the streets look like through the eyes of such a young Mako, a boy who really wasn't bad but had to be. Then we watched him fight to become who he is, all the while trying his very best to care for Bolin - an innocent child and a weighty responsibility. Then finally Mako and Bolin find rest, only to have even that torn out from beneath their feet - and I loved the way the parenthetical statements ran through that final scene. Through his inner narration, we find out that Mako never changed, that he's still that same, protective older brother, that he's still searching for people to take care of, and even though he's dying, dying for Korra, he doesn't regret it. Because that's who he is and that's what he does. Wonderful.
creativesm75 chapter 1 . 12/23/2013
Nice sad, i felt something in me cry.
Saphira Veera chapter 1 . 11/14/2013
Omg the angst is portrayed perfectly - this is beautiful. I wish i could write run-on sentenes as good as you. The beauty of the prose - just indescribable. I am currently trying to write alike, but it's hard.
Kudos!
accioyourheart chapter 1 . 8/18/2013
this is so beautiful and i'm sobbing?
featherandink chapter 1 . 8/18/2013
i've read this about 5 times today and i've cried my eyes out every single time IT'S SO TRAGIC AND HEARTBREAKING BUT IT'S SO WELL WRITTEN I LOVE IT AND HATE IT AT THE SAME TIME
Tachibana Natsu chapter 1 . 7/29/2013
*sobbing* sad ending!
stars shine out chapter 1 . 3/4/2013
OHMYGOSH SOBBING! Really beautiful, and heartbreakingly sad. I really, really love it.
theoneiromancer chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
Your writing is simply lovely.
Thornapple chapter 1 . 10/15/2012
This is wonderful and heartbreaking and really beautiful. I love how you managed to capture many of the major aspects of Mako's life (or what we know of it) and the ending was just so tragic...
Making Some Toast chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
I think you like...destoryed my feels, but it was totally worth it!
alexanndria chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
NOOO! Now I'm sad D: I hope you're happy!
iTomo chapter 1 . 6/14/2012
Right in the feels. Omg.
Cristipotter chapter 1 . 6/13/2012
Wow. That was so angsty, but oh so beautiful. I like how you skip through different phases of their lives, and connect them at the end. I truly enjoyed this.
paper streets chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
i promise you. i am not crying right now. not in the slightest.

right. that's a lie.

this is absolutely perfect and heart-breaking and i have so many feelings right now. you wrote mako and bolin's time on the streets so flawlessly and their relationship is perfect and there's makorra love in the end and this is a really long sentence i should stop.

seriously though, this is gorgeous.
TrainxEve-Fan12 chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
I-I'm not crying! I'm perfectly fine!

This is so emotional and sad and - you're fantastic and I want you to know that.
46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »