Reviews for Acrylic Painted Smiles
Guest chapter 1 . 10/4/2013
Why does it say complete when it's not? That's misleading! On purpose! Now ill have to WAIT for the next chapter! You'll never have an idea how much I love this story! This is the BEST Spamano mafia story I've read on this site(an I'm pretty sure I've read all of them). It's not to rushed, the details are great(FANTASTIC, even), it's not all over the place either. It just so... Realistic! Shit, just-just, HURRY THE FUCK UP AND UPDATE GODDAMMIT!
Jaqueque maria clara dela cruz chapter 8 . 7/18/2013
I CANT WAIT TILL THE NEXT CHAPTERS! :D
Guest chapter 2 . 5/20/2013
Mayority of spaniards dont speak catalan! where did you get that idea?
We all talk castellano except catalanes, del País Vasco y valencianos! Spaniards from Valencia usually talk castellano or valenciano and i dont know about people from the Pais Vasco, who talks euskera (?). Peple who talks catalán live in Cataluña but they know very well how to speak castellano! Catalenes have a "sentimiento independentista" right now but every Spaniard i know talks castellaño! its our languaje!
Mighty Agamemnon chapter 7 . 2/16/2013
This was an amazing and well written story! But...I actually kind of wanted Antonio to get revenge for real! I'm surprised he cared that much about ungrateful and mouthy Romano! Especially at the end when after hearing Antonio's heartbreaking story, the only thing that little asshole could say was, "I didn't ask to hear your lifestory." Seriously...Antonio should've just shot the little bitch. And then stabbed the hell out of his grandpa for good measure. If I were Antonio, I would've taken GREAT pleasure in murdering the old man. Bunch of murdering fools only deserve death in kind. But way to be the bigger person, Antonio! Though Romano really should worship the ground you walk on in exchange for his pitiful life. You hear that, Romano? Worship Antonio NOW.
Mighty Agamemnon chapter 2 . 2/16/2013
The Spanish should be "Qué te está pasando?" or "Qué te pasa?" not "Qué pasando?" That's like saying "What happening?" But other than that, the fic is very interesting and I like Bodyguard!Antonio! Very cool.

But...yes. Spaniards and Latin Americans DO speak Spanish. It's just that it's technically called Castillian. But it's fine to call it Spanish too because it's the main offcial language of the whole region. So since the country is called Spain, the main language used is called "Spanish" even though it was originally a regional language. Many countries have this too. Italian also started out as a regional dialect but as more and more regions use it as the main language, the language then adopts the name of the country. Some Spaniards also speak Catalan (mix of French and Spanish), Galician (father or Portuguese), and very few speak Basque (not even Indo-European). But to call Castillian "Spanish" is still correct because it's the main language of the whole country. So yeah I just had to correct you there.
krissymonett chapter 2 . 12/19/2012
I'm not logged in and I know this is finished but some of the spanish bothered me. Some is slightly off and some of the facts that you mention aren't really true. How many years have you been studying spanish?Do you use a translator or do it on your own? I'm just picky and little things kinda irritate me so I couldn't go on with the story but what I did read was interesting enough. Good Story! if you wanna contact me go through my ff account krissymonett or email me
scarletnight72 chapter 8 . 12/16/2012
I like your story so far. Can you tell me what Antonio and Romano's ages are? I'm guessing Romano is in his early 20s if Feli is 18, and if Antonio babysat him, he's probably 5-10 years older than Roma, right? Just curious :)
roughdiamond5 chapter 8 . 12/10/2012
Intricate detail, fascinating back-story, riveting narration, endearing characters - yep, I think I'll follow this, if you don't mind.

I have only two comments in terms of criticism, and they're both mechanical. First, you might consider a beta reader to catch those mistakes that, if caught, could take this story to big publicity. By that, I mean rec pages, so I don't find this story while wondering what happens when I type "bodyguard" into the fanfiction search engine. Second, you have the general idea behind Gilbert's German, but the terms are "Nein" and "Mein Gott", not "Neine" and "Meine Gott". It's a conjugation matter, nothing more.

Gosh, look at me making such criticism when I really did enjoy this story. I rarely find something so well-written just by searching for a certain idea, and I've only ever read one good mafia story besides this one, so you could say I'm pleased in both accounts. Well done - I hope to see more soon!
fakiagirl chapter 8 . 12/6/2012
These last few chapters have been quite exciting! Poor Romano. I'm glad that he and Antonio are getting along again, at least . . . and that Antonio seems to be feeling something for him. ;) For some reason, I thought that Romano saying, "I don't want to hear your life story, asshole," was really cute. XD I look forward to the next chapter!
Little Question Marks chapter 8 . 12/3/2012
I love this. I really REALLY do. It is very interesting and I couldn't stop reading it. I started a 9:00 PM and finished at 2:00 AM.
invisiblemanda chapter 8 . 11/30/2012
I'm enjoying this story so much :D Can't wait to see what happens! I feel so bad for Antonio, now that I know what happened :(
invisiblemanda chapter 7 . 11/30/2012
Just so you know, blanks don't work like that. They make a loud sound just like a real bullet, but there's no projectile and hardly any kick back. Romano would not have been injured from one being fired at him. *has fired a blank before*
I enjoyed this chapter :)
invisiblemanda chapter 6 . 11/29/2012
Here's a review for you to nom on XD And this chapter was really good. I'm a little confused on parts of it, though. I'm sure all will be explained and you did that on purpose! Onward to the next chapter I go!
invisiblemanda chapter 4 . 11/29/2012
Wow, there was a lot going on in this chapter! I like this story :D I thought there was something suspicious about Feli saying to meet at the Vatican...
invisiblemanda chapter 3 . 11/29/2012
Waaaaaiiiiiit, so Antonio can speak Italian? But... but... but... but Lovi's grandpa said that he couldn't! Oh, there's definitely more going on here :D