Reviews for In The Dark Beside You
Comfortably Plump chapter 40 . 5/11/2013
I LOVE this story. I really, honestly do. Thank you for sharing your lovely talent in the form of this touching story.

I appreciate the fact that this chapter is ten years in the future so I can see that everyone is still okay after Niamh's death. Particularly Robyn. It seems as if she's growing up with a lot of love around her, and she knows that her mother loved her. I also feel incredibly sorry for Sweeney, who has now lost two wives rather tragically. At least he didn't set out to kill the pedestrian that caused Niamh to swerve her car, right? That's progress. Or did he...? :P

On a more serious note, I'm going to miss Niamh. She was a lovely and original character. I enjoyed following her throughout the ups and downs of her fictional life. She is definitely in my top female protagonists list from the books that I've read. Kudos to you for inventing her.

Once again, thank you for sharing this wonderful story. I look forward to reading more of your works in the future.

Danielle
Comfortably Plump chapter 39 . 5/11/2013
I have no words for this.
Comfortably Plump chapter 38 . 5/11/2013
This was the saddest chapter to date. But I think it's also absolutely beautiful. I loved that you used The A Team, as that is my second favorite Ed Sheeran song.
Comfortably Plump chapter 37 . 5/11/2013
Everything just doesn't seem to be going well for Niamh at all. It's so depressing, not that I mind. I generally don't like stories that are too happy because they don't seem realistic to me. I didn't appreciate Sweeney's comment about making promises you can't keep. I really feel that Niamh will make the effort to see Robyn as often as possible and that her efforts will not be in vain.
Comfortably Plump chapter 36 . 5/11/2013
I agree with this decision. I don't think that Robyn should be with Sweeney forever though. Just until Niamh is settled and on her feet.
Comfortably Plump chapter 35 . 5/11/2013
Poor Niamh. I hope things go a bit more uphill concerning theater for her. She should really try to keep her head up more though. After one day, she's telling herself that she should've stayed home. That's not the right attitude!
Comfortably Plump chapter 34 . 5/11/2013
Bittersweet chapter because I'm upset about the divorce, but I'm also really glad that Niamh is going to go live out her dream.
Comfortably Plump chapter 33 . 5/11/2013
I didn't see the sex coming AT ALL. I can't tell if it was just hate sex or if they partially made up.
Comfortably Plump chapter 32 . 5/11/2013
Oh no! I'm actually really worried about how all of this will affect little Robyn. If things continue the way they are going, she might turn out to have as many issues as she did in your previous sequel to A Cold and Broken Hallelujah.
Comfortably Plump chapter 31 . 5/11/2013
I agree with Niamh's decision. I REALLY wish Sweeney wasn't being so damn disagreeable. Oh, why does love have to be so difficult?
Comfortably Plump chapter 30 . 5/10/2013
I agree with Sweeney when he said that it isn't all about Niamh. But I don't appreciate him putting her into a corner like that. He could be a bit more understanding. I think they should all just move.
Comfortably Plump chapter 29 . 5/9/2013
Glad the performance went well for Niamh. But I agree with Tim. You can't just run off the stage like that! I guess it was cute, but it's so unprofessional! Also, I hope she hears from that talent scout.
Comfortably Plump chapter 28 . 5/8/2013
I'm back! Bet you never thought you'd hear from me again, huh? Or you probably don't even remember who I am. Either way, I decided to finish your lovely story because I re-watched Sweeney Todd the other day and it made me remember ho much I loved you stories. So yeah, I'm here to finish what I started. I'm gonna try reading at least a chapter per day.
Anyway, now that I'm remembering where the plot was when I stopped reading, I'm so glad for Sweeney and Niamh! I really hope that this isn't one of those things where they kiss and then act like it never happened. All I want is to see them happy together.
Hugbug2012 chapter 39 . 5/1/2013
*Me reading story* ... * tic tock* ... * gasp* WAAAAAAAAAA!
Hugbug2012 chapter 37 . 5/1/2013
Well, this is sadder than the ending of the first story ' Cold and Broken Hallelujah'!