Reviews for An Arrow for the Reaper
HeIsNotOneOfUs chapter 1 . 4/16
Oh wow, this was so...

If this story was a little bit longer, then I bet I would have cried. It was so... Complete? Like, when you read a book and it doesn't have the right ending. when I read this, at least I knew (In my imagination) that Katniss moved on peacefully.
DarkHorseBlueSky chapter 1 . 10/18/2013
Whoa. That was...whoa. I...I'm kind of speechless here...
Gimme a second to compose myself...
...
Ahem. You wrote Death's voice very well and I like the concept. I'm surprised this doesn't have more reviews!
This touched my heart. Thank you.
Favs. :)
Mrs.Hawthorn chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
THIS IS AMAZING!
marblesharp chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
Good to see someone with a like mind. Though Death's focus in mine is Haymitch. :) Death definitely would have pitied the Hunger Games victors, viewing them like living victims of humanity.
Your narrator Death is written very well. But his comment about humans becoming less human through the ages doesn't seem like something he would believe. Maybe more that they stayed the same but had bigger toys to play with, like the reality-destroying buttons mentioned in the beginning. (I love that bit, btw)
Death probably had a lot to say about the Hunger Games so I wish you'd have explained them more. About the districts and the Capitol and how they existed before Katniss instead of jumping to her volunteering one day. Also, you skipped over the war/its casualties, which would have mattered to Death and connected to Katniss since she was the face of rebellion.
"But she wasn't that person yet, the one I saw echoing from her future. " Chilling. Cato's comment blew my mind, too. What a great tell-all detail.
I like that the arrow symbolizes Katniss' story and it's not a text like Liesel's autobiography. Nice work!
Completely Cray-Zee chapter 1 . 5/22/2012
Awesome story, agree with the others on why it has not been done before.

Was kind of expectiing a longer story when it said it was completed. Good all the same. (I was also kind of glad for a short story, it wouldn't take me as long to read)

I'd love to read more of your work!:)
sable113 chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
Wow, this is really, really well done! I'm quite surprised that no one has done this before, since you're right, Katniss and Death ARE friends. I think you captured Death's voice exceptionaly well, and I especially liked the ending. Very well done, two thumbs up!
callistana chapter 1 . 4/15/2012
Repeating what I said on tumblr, but I'm honestly amazed by this idea and shocked that no one else has jumped at the chance to write a fic like this one! Loved your characterisation of Death and I'm sure he would be just as enamored by the girl on fire as he was by the book thief.