Reviews for Days in the Life
Nadia Blackrose chapter 1 . 1/11/2013
I always wanted to say this but yes : Xena is selfish! She has Argo at her disposal and have Gabrielle just walk, though in reality Xena needs to burn more calories he he he. Sorry for that, just kidding.

Onto the point now :
I like the fact you have maintained Xena's character, her strong determination, that coldness she also seems to have.
Gabrielle looks so fragile before her, but she has her own gifts, too.
The description of the fields was awesome, really enchanting. It made me want to be there, just to watch the clouds and the hidden sun, though rain is not my cup of tea.
And of the things, I'd barely expect Xena to make a surprise to Gabrielle about her birthday. It seemed to me that even Gabrielle herself had forgotten the day, he he.
The interaction between the two females was awesome, fully in character, and their relationship is clearly shown through your writing. Best of friends, like sisters, who travel together, and both are equal.
I have kinda missed this feeling, and it's a long time I last watched the series, but you reminded me so sweetly I feel kinda nostalgic. :D
Nice work, keep it up!
Girl Team Rules chapter 6 . 11/20/2012
(SQUEE!) I love these chapters so much! they all had a sweet tone to them and really just shows how strong their bond is together, you have captured that perfectly. i love the humour you have, its so witty and true to the series, like written from a real writer for the series _ you are a really great writer, i could so imagine your work in a library or other literature store...please write an official novel soon ;3 lol.

My favourite chapter - without a doubt 6! Just so...i keep squeeing it was so sweet and lovely and touching and amazing. Xena's poem is so true to what Gabrielle is to her, someone so important she's changed her life, and vise-versa. I wish this was used in the series, it would be so perfect. oh and all that sneaky subtext at the beginning of the chapter with the dialogue, another aspect like the series, their relationship was always about hints and maybes, and the way your writing started off it made me think of them talking about something else, very clever.

i shall be checking out your other stories very soon. i know on your profile you say you are now hiatus, so i know the next chapter might not be for a while, but i can wait. when you get back, keep up the good work, it is spectacular - love it, bye for now.
rogue-scholar07 chapter 6 . 10/11/2012
Aw. I love Xena/Gabrielle fluff, especially of the drabble variety. Great work!
Amazonfire chapter 6 . 9/21/2012
I love this I not only can visualise it Ican almost smell the stable but I see it as an episode and would loved to have watched
CykeclopsFF7 chapter 6 . 8/5/2012
Aww...This was so sweet! I loved it! It was such a realistic situation that happens between friends, too. Something happens...or friends just sorta drift...And people realize that they have to reach toward the other person to make it right again. It was just really touching...I do have a question, though: I've never seen Gabrielle or Xena use petnames/nicknames...Do they have any for each other? I loved the poem...Do you have more poetry that you're not sharing with us?;D But yeah...what I loved the most about this story is the sheer humanity of it. Jen (JenesisX) were chatting about an hour ago, about how great of a writer you are. This story really sums up what I said to Jen. I told Jen that you don't write just for the sake of writing...You write from your heart and soul. Your personality shines through when you write, and might I say there is nothing more beautiful than a person with a beautiful soul using beautiful voice in a story. Hrm...I think this might be all I'm going to do tonight...I may hop over and see what Thomas is up to. I will be back, though, to read your longer stories.
CykeclopsFF7 chapter 5 . 8/5/2012
Haha...There's nothing better than a running gag! You write fight scenes extraordinarily well. Everything with the flip of the paint bucket...to the eye contact, telling Gabrielle what Xena's plan was...to the drunken men...It just worked out really well. I'd also like to take a moment to comment you on your vocabulary... I know that you're pretty well educated, but it takes talent to not just know what a word means, but to use it correctly. As I've read the past 5 stories, I've noted some amazing word usage and phrasing... You handle different personalities well, as well. I've noticed, for example..that Xena's mother is not Xena with a different name! You do very well in this department. I've also noted that your characters have very good chemistry...Their dialogue flows very naturally. The whole story has a nice flow to it, really, but...the dialogue is just awesome.
CykeclopsFF7 chapter 4 . 8/5/2012
Gaaah...Remind me to never mess with those two! Evil, they are...Buuutt...You do have a point...Never mess with a bored warrior...They find trouble...They ALWAYS find trouble;D Once again, I love the humor...Poor Xena, though...People wouldn't believe she had an immature side? Aw. Once again, it does show that she is a multi-faceted character with a lot of potential for future stories...And you always seem to find that potential in your stories...A good fanfic writer can look at a fandom, and their mind explodes with ideas...And I just keep seeing idea after idea with you.) You're a great writer, and I hope whatever you pursue in life, allows you to continue to write, whether it be professionally or otherwise.)
CykeclopsFF7 chapter 3 . 8/5/2012
Gabrielle! The barterer! The poor shop keeper...She really got him in a bind! I wouldn't want to see what his wife does to him tonight! Although, humor aside, I found Xena's worry over Gabrielle very touching...Xena's this rough and tough warrior princess...and yet...when she couldn't find the poison cure, she felt so helpless and like a child. I think finding internal conflicts between certain personality traits is a mark of good writing. It shows that who you are writing is not a one sided character...I don't know about you, but I've read some pretty flat characters...Xena and Gabrielle are anything, but flat.
CykeclopsFF7 chapter 2 . 8/5/2012
Haha...I love your sense of humor! And, on that note: It was not overdone. You timed your humorous moments perfectly. Poor Xena, though...I bet she didn't even realize she slapped Gabrielle...and then...gah...What Gabrielle did was kinda mean _;; LOL. I got goose bumps, though, when Xena and Gabrielle returned the money to robbed family...I've always liked stories like that where the good guys when and the poor people caught in the middle get back what they lost...Very Robin Hood-ish! I do, though, wonder about the boys who tried to attack Xena and Gabrielle...Where did they come from? Were they spoiled rich boys who thought they could do whatever they pleased? Once again, your attention to detail is astounding...This makes me want to watch Xena, now...Or watch more Highlander...something with swords!;D But anyway, great job with this chapter...I can't wait to read the next one)
CykeclopsFF7 chapter 1 . 8/5/2012
Becky, this is wonderful! Your description of the scenery was out of this world. Every thing that could have been felt by the senses, you aptly described...It was like I stepped into Xena's land...Like I saw the rock and the grass...the beautiful scenery...and then the smell of the food...Why did you have to do that? I haven't eaten in a while!;D Also, I'm not familiar at all with the Xena fandom, but I hope to be by reading some of your stories...The relationship between Xena and Gabrielle is priceless! Gabrielle not thinking that Xena paid attention to her, and then, "SURPRISE! Happy Birthday!" It was a very sweet chapter...Xena seems to be looking after Gabrielle even when she's hungry _;; On a more technical note: I didn't notice any grammatical errors...spelling looked great! Sentence structure...marvelous! I think you, basically,wrote a GREAT chapter...I'll be moving on to other chapters shortly. I hope they're as good as this one)
Silvermoonlight GJ chapter 6 . 8/1/2012
This was very sweet it’s really nice to see a fic where Xena speaks with her heart and soul to Gabrielle through a poem of her own creation, I felt in the series that she had the ability to write at least one poem on top of the one she had written for Gabrielle in MHR despite not being as creative as Gabrielle. Very heartwarming and emotional fic I really enjoyed it :)
JenesisX chapter 6 . 7/31/2012
This is so freaking sweet and adorable. I love Xen'a poem, and the friendship between these two! It makes me happy to see you doing more of these challenges, and your writing is always a pleasure to read. :)
Rurrlock-God of Power chapter 6 . 7/31/2012
Really beautiful. Great poem and overall very sweet and lovely chapter. Awesome work as always from you :)
XenaGabrielleFOREVER chapter 5 . 7/23/2012
This was great! I love this story, Please add more chapters!
last white feather chapter 5 . 7/18/2012
Haha I swear these just get cuter and cuter every time :P
51 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »