Reviews for In A New Light
Mary Rose chapter 1 . 3/28
Go Catherine! I love Father but the man is just wound too tight. Catherine needed to put him in his place in a kindly way and she does it here. Bravo!
Auctavia chapter 1 . 12/1/2012
Greetings. I wasn't sure how this story might be, for this being your only BATB story. I will say that I am very pleased at how it turned out to be. I for one am very touched by it. The way you went on about why Catherine did indeed need such a large place, I found endaring. That it was all really for Vincent, so that he, one whose never been able to enjoy simply being in the sun. That this way he can have that joy whenever he pleased. I was very moved by it, and how Father came to the realization of that fact. I hope you do try and write more BATB stories. For you seem to really understand Catherine's love for Vincent, and Father's for his son. Thank you so much.
spacekitten2700 chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
great job
Roots4Miami chapter 1 . 5/10/2012
LOVED this story! Nice to see Father is "growing up" and learning to "let go" of Vincent a little. It's almost as if he saw Vincent for the first time, and really understood just how much his son needed to bask in the sunlight. Glad to see Father and Catherine have come to a deeper understanding. Thank you for writing!
Saissa chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
I thought Father was going to be the same grouchy over-protecting father he usually is, in this story and I was quite prepared to be angry at him.

But you didn't write him that way at all.

In this story you did a great job of really showing father just how little he really knows his son. It is clearly obvious that Catherine loves Vincent and knows what Vincent really wants and needs more - a lot more than Father ever did.

That Father was prepared to learn and accept this lesson?

Now that is the miracle.

Very nicely done.
Radcliffe052002 chapter 1 . 4/27/2012
What a wonderful story! The characters really ring true - very well done!
Nancy chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
Your story is so well written, so true to Father and Catherine and a very new Vincent 'following' the sunshine. Thank you for "In A New Light". It's wonderful to see, in your well chosen words, this happy life begun for all of them.
Once Beautiful and Brave chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
Well, Kuli, you've gone and done it again. You do realize that you not only entertain me, but inspire me to reach even higher with my own work, don't you? For that, and for sharing your lovely gift of words with us again, I thank you. I'm especially fond of the image you've painted of Vincent following the sunlight around the room. That's very much in the forefront of my mind's eye tonight. :)
Jazminblu chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
What a wonderful story. The part of the story that I love the most was when Father enter their top floor apartment and came to a halt to see Vincent face raised toward the skylight to enjoy sun. I can close my eyes and envision it by your words.

I too agree with Aliset comment-especially about what Catherine wouldn't for Vincent.

Great Job, I hope to see more!
ev4after chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
What a lovely story. So nice to witness the transformation of Father's mindset.
CaroleW chapter 1 . 4/15/2012
Kuli - this is ... greater than great. I read this and just dropped my forehead to my desk.
Catherine Maya chapter 1 . 4/15/2012
So cute! Love it! Poor Father's going through empty nest. I LOVE Catherine and Vincent's floor! OMG, I want an apartment just like that! The way you descibed it; it looked so beautiful that I wanted to live there!
VC87 chapter 1 . 4/15/2012
Oh, Kuli... just perfect! I do love those characters' internal explorations of yours, one of the joys of your stories.

I completely agree with Aliset, who had said it all best! Thank you for more, dear!
Aliset chapter 1 . 4/15/2012
Oh, Kuli. This rings so true-of course Catherine would move heaven and earth to make sure Vincent got to see sunlight, and how characteristic of Father that he would mistrust her motives and completely misunderstand how devoted Vincent still was to the world below. So good to see Father "growing up." :)

You've nailed the characterization here exactly-kudos to you again for keeping all of these characters we've known and loved for so many years real and believable.

Great job! :)