Reviews for Letting Go Prologue
Hundley chapter 1 . 4/26/2012
Heartbreaking and beautifully written. I've never pictured Dean as one who would cry, though. I think of him as getting more stone cold hard. Sam was so sweet in this one. I enjoyed the switch to his POV when he observed Dean.
ccase13 chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
Killing murderous children would be the hardest thing for Dean. He couldn't even kill Amy's son who he knew would almost certainly grow up and prey on humans to get the brains he needs to live.
Sharlot chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
Woo! You sure came back with a bang! (pardon the lame pun).

Beautiful. So Dark. So gutting and painful. But still...beautiful.

Just another day in the life, in a way. It's so easy to see how each day has warped, shaped and beaten the boys into the men they are today. Poor guys.

Loved it! Thanks!
terigaliyan chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
I missed you!

This was fantastic! :)
Beckydaspatz chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
They head out quickly towards the Impala, Sam barely managing to join his brother inside as the car roars to life within seconds. Sam's body jerks back in an almost violent reaction as Dean presses his foot to the floor, ignoring the strain of the engine and the spray of debris and gravel that spits out from under her wheels.-PERFECT beggining! Perfect!

"Hello? Mr. Smith? Agent Young. I need you to listen to me very carefully alright? Just… okay… wait… Just… please, stop talking and listen to me!"

Sam feels the hairs stand up on his neck, the tone in which his brother talks to the parent of the latest victim makes the temperature of his blood drop and send a chill through his veins.

"Sorry, but this is important. My partner and I are heading back to your place right now but… what?" Dean turns to face his brother and Sam swears he can see horror on his older sibling's face. As Dean's gaze turns back to focus on the road he lets out a sigh of frustration and his hand wrings the steering wheel with such vigour that his knuckles turn an unnatural shade of white. He grinds out his next sentence, barely containing the storm that churns within. "Okay then, where is your cabin? Yeah, I think we passed that road on the way in, we'll find it."

Sam braces his hand against the dash as Dean slams on the brakes suddenly and manoeuvres a quick u-turn to head in the opposite direction.

"Is your daughter with you? NO! Don't get her. Listen carefully. You and your wife need to leave, right now. No… you don't go out and find her, you leave… without her. Because…" Dean gulps and speaks softly into the phone. "…because she is the one who has been doing this. I'm sorry but that isn't your daughter, not anymore. If you want to live through the night you get in the car and you high tail it out of there. NOW! Hello? Mr. Smith?"

Sam hears the same thing his brother does; a loud bang followed by the man on the other end of the phone calling out to his wife to run and the sound of their daughter's name ripped out of his throat over and over again; screamed in disbelief and horror just as both the phone line and the inside of the car are draped in an eerie silence.-Oh God! That is just...chilling. I like just had a chill skitter down my spine. Jeez...

The print is small and feminine but seems to lengthen and distort as dark eyes bore into it, as the definition of the fingers start to meld into each other, leeching outward to taint the surrounding surface. -UGH. I told you how much I loved this line when it was just a stand alone, now though...so much love for thisand the image it portrays!

He heads further through the obstacle course of items and possessions flung in disarray, the scope of the struggle lain out in crystal clarity before him; seemingly to taunt him that he arrived too late.- You paint SUCH a vivid picture my friend, brilliant!

He snorts in disgust; at the fact that while a battle of life and death raged and spewed its hatred and vileness inside those four walls, the outside world didn't hear one damn thing, remaining pure and untouched by the evil in its midst.-WOW. Just...WOW.

He silences the rambling in his head and focuses on what

needs to be done. Game face on and jaw set, he shakes his head and lets his instincts take over to erase and harden his emotions until they splinter and break, leaving only a skilled hunter in their wake.-GORGEOUS!

The woman's panicked voice filters into his ears just as his finger presses down and the silver bullet flies out from the weapon to tear directly into her daughter's form, stopping her dead in her tracks. Gravity takes hold to pull her lifeless body back to the earth, reverting her back into the young woman who was once so full of innocence and life.-Man, that's heartbreaking.

Dean catches his brother's eye as the mother howls out in despair and anguish. Sam keeps his brother's gaze and the older Winchester can read something else written within the other man's expression. A small shake of Sam's head and a motion he makes to her neck and his message is nauseatingly clear.

Mrs. Smith has been bitten.-Oh God...very true to the story and the show, but still OH. GOD.

She stops and her head turns to the ground where Dean stands and slowly raises her bloodshot eyes to peer at the hunter that looms above her. Her eyes widen as she takes in the sight of the gun pointed at her but she makes no sound and no attempt to get away.

The only words spoken before another gunshot echoes through the canopy of the forest is a shaky 'I'm sorry'.-You are KILLING me. In the same way the show has before.

Sam approaches slowly until they stand side by side. The look on Dean's face screams hate and loathing but also pain; it seems to ooze out from every pore, through tear filled eyes.

He guides Dean's arm down gently until the gun comes to point at the forest floor.

"Dean? Let go, it's over."

Sam manages to pry the weapon from his brother's grip just as Dean's knees buckle and he heads for the ground, his shaking shoulders and the sobs that emanate from him proof that his wall has just split wide open and another scar has been marked upon his soul.-Amazing and touching and painful and a thousand other emotions that I can't voice right now because I am stunned by this tale. I hope you win Dorothy, you certaintly earned it.
kjdw chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
Sad. But very well written. Guys are really in character and descriptions are well done.

Good job with it.

"I'm sorry"

Falling to his knees.

Beautiful job.
TheDocRoach chapter 1 . 4/15/2012
The love Dean has for kids is so adorable...and it pains me as much as him when he can't save them :( But it's great that Sam is always there to help pick up the pieces 8)

This was so cute...I loved it!