Reviews for Et Tu, Brute
TycheSong chapter 1 . 4/23/2012
Again! Something I've always wondered about! No one can really be the best at anything forever! Lol. I'm very much enjoying your work. :-) -Tyche
The Thinking Woman chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
Ooh, you raise a very valid point. I recall briefly considering that telling everyone where he was hiding the Elder wand wasn't particularly bright, but never gave it much more thought. You've got a good idea here, and it's very well written, so well done.

MM
duj chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
Hmm, DH downgraded my opinion of Hermione's intelligence to the point that I don't think it would even occur to her that there was a problem. *Dumbledore* didn't seem worried and we all know how much he cared about Harry's welfare, don't we? Hermione kept reminding Harry every time he doubted.

I don't think she'd be safe hands, either. She's as ruthless as she's ambitious, and her idealism only makes it worse because having a "greater good" goal is the most effective way of squelching any moral doubts that might arise. The good of all mankind *has* to outweigh the good of the individual who gets in the way. (After all, only a villain or a louse would get in the way of the good of all mankind, and who cares about villains and lice?)
SlytherinSilverStar chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
I had always wondered what would happen with the wand during Auror training. I love your solution. _

-SlytherinSilverStar
JeniDRalph chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
That was perfect. I had problems with the way the Elder Wand was handled in canon, as well. I loved it in "Phoenix Tears" by grangerous when Severus (who survived) let Harry know how stupid he had been in telling everyone all about the wand.

I love it when authors expose plot holes. Thank you for this!
Very Small Prophet chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
Yep, Hermione is a Slytherin through and through. And I love her for it.

Of course, over in Loten's "Chasing the Sun" (where I got the link for this story), Snape gained mastery of the Elder Wand some chapters back, and no one knows but dead Dumbles. Not even Snape. *smirk*
Snape's Witch chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
Love it, especially the obliviate! Poor Harry!
kitty-gurl1 chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
that's our Hermione, always the voice of reason XD i've gotta admit, this plot hole did bother me a bit when i read it, i mean it's just a bit too obvious. although, it does make for a convenient plot point for some fics~
Crazy 109 chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
::smiles and chuckles:: Yeah-"brightest witch of her age" didn't really seem to mean very much in canon, all things considered. The brightest person in a roomful of idjits, as it were...!

And there were SO...VERY...MANY...er, "inconsistencies" in canon...! P''' 'S why I adore fanfiction so much! ]
magitech chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
Very typically Hermione, a self righteous bitch.

I admit to NOT being a Granger fan, its amazing how similar she & Dumbles are. Both totally convinced THEY know better than anyone else and clutch information to their chests & refuse to share.

Hermione's actions here are identical to Dumbles "For the greater good" speech he used to justify his own evil actions.

Obliviate spell should be an unforgivable and with the stone in her possession she's on her way to the next Dark Lady

What a bitch
Loten chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
Oh, yes. This was one plot point I hadn't picked up on - by this point in the book I've usually thrown it down in disgust and not dwelled on it.

I approve of your version. A lot. :)
katdemon1895 chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
go hermione! very clever and a very good point, i like it
luvsanime02 chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
Personally, I think this story is brilliant just the way you have it here. Hermione is wonderfully in character, as she does tend to think logically to the extreme. She is also obviously very capable of modifying someone's memory for their own good, to protect them.

I'm also glad to see that someone else wanted to smack their head against the nearest wall when Harry was just blithely blabbering on about becoming the master of the Elder Wand. I think this was rather a fantastic way to solve that dilemma. Really, well done.
Undermann chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
Yes, Harry was daft to announce his intentions for the Elder Wand, but this is a bit too much, as a one-shot, it seems rather dark and foreboding - especially with that last line.

I cannot fault Hermione's basic idea, just the way it plays out with the obliviation and looking for the stone (yes, certainly within Hermione's character to gain knowledge and seek answers) but rather iffy.

If this tale was lengthened and Harry gained some inkling that something was wrong with his memory, or Hermione confessed later, well you'd have a really good story on your hands, or if Harry immediately retaliated when he was disarmed and had Hermione explain things to him then, equally so - with options aplenty going forward.

Still, I like it enough to comment, so apart from the chills it sends down your spine (which may have been your intent all along) from a ruthless Hermione's logical actions, it has great possibilities!
29 | « Prev Page 1 2