Reviews for Concrete Angel
dOnutrOgue chapter 1 . 1/27
Beautiful!
:')
Guests are cool chapter 1 . 8/27/2013
Excellent story, I love your writing style, well done! :)
Guest chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
This story was unbelievably beautiful, I'm literally in tears right now. Amazing job!
jesi ki kage chapter 1 . 3/5/2013
That was deep. Good job, interesting idea. -JKK
CsillaDream chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
Ahhh it was so heart-wrenching - I wasn't whether I should stop smiling at the cute HopeLight moments or sob when she was getting hurt... D:
Fanfic Fan chapter 1 . 9/17/2012
Brilliant. Utterly brilliant.
Huggable7 chapter 1 . 8/29/2012
I cried, people must think I am insane, but this was amazing
StakeTheHeart chapter 1 . 8/7/2012
Wow, that was intense. Good story though.
Saeren chapter 1 . 8/5/2012
Really nice work, honestly a few times i really chocked up o.O Nicely written and i really enjoyed the skips from your point of view to her thoughts.
As for if u should do more, definitely, this is one of few oneshots i consider more than worthy of reading and id love to read more from you on this theme, as long as it has happy ending :) I am sucker for happy endings and frankly, this had to have a happy ending, otherwise my notebook would end up closed in a sec and id cry myself to sleep :D
Anyways, good job, good luck and i am looking forward to seeing more from you :)
Seeker of the Skies chapter 1 . 7/15/2012
My first thought is to tell you that this is an amazing piece of writing and my seconds is to say, dear lord I need to keep my sister away from your stories.
She loves writing depressing things and reading things such as this one-shot here would only serve to give her more ideas.
Though I believe she already has quite a few plot points in some of her stories that involve abuse, so this would only be adding fuel to the fire.
Also as depressing as this was I did really enjoy it, I think tomorrow I'll go and have a look at your others stories.
uknown chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
wow soooooo good it reflects to thw real world also real pain and troubles and good story and good job it is sooo good!
WeFearWhatWeCannotSee chapter 1 . 6/25/2012
I read this a few days ago and this made me feel (not crying feel, but you know what I mean...I hope xD). You're a really amazing writer and I enjoy reading the few stories you have put up. . I'm gonna stop here before I stop rambling, so bye bye. :3
sicaalicious chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
First of all this is my first review n_n and I would like to provide a disclaimer that I'm generally inexperienced at providing constructive criticism .

First of all I loved the great language used, utilised to great effect in immersing the reader into the story.

I am remarkably surprised you managed to portray stoic Lightning down to a tee, especially when you actually took into consideration her character of not backing down with a fight; kudos to you, seeing that rather than backing down meekly, Lightning actually attempted to fight off her father.

Although I'm aware this is an AU, my main qualm is how I find Lightning falling for Hope being a tad unrealistic. I viewed it as simply a way to cap a fairy-tale/happy ending to the fic, and despite being aware the one-shot's length constraint, there appears to be a lack of chemistry between HxL, possibly due to the reader unable to see much interaction between the two.

Love is perhaps too strong a word to use in this context, Lightning just began to accept people into her heart and I really don't think people who are slow to trust really throws these words around unless they are really in love with the other party. There appears to be too little groundwork laid out for me to accept that Lightning "loved" Hope in the fic, perhaps if there could be more details on their blooming relationship I could come to accept that she just "fell in love" with Hope, but not at this instance.

Imo there are better ways than to end with the protagonist falling in love with another character, especially in Lightning's POV. Imo, I feel things like Lightning finally accepting and trusting Hope would have been more realistic. Hope don't necessarily need to retract his declaration of love, I simply don't feel that Lightning's progress as a character through the development of the story warrants mutual feelings to be developed.

Hope you would consider the aforementioned points as honest feedback, rather than any form of personal jab :D Despite what I feel as minor flaws marring an otherwise great piece of work, I feel that this is by far the best fanfiction in this section right now and I'm looking forward to getting started on your other works :D

Also: I realize you update at an insane pace. While I'm glad for quick updates, I plead you not to feel having to rush out anything to appease to the readers, I'm fairly sure we are reasonable human beings! :P
Lieutenant.General.Sora.Hikaru chapter 1 . 6/7/2012
Love it
Uncoloured186 chapter 1 . 5/23/2012
Phew...

You always had me there. I thought Lighting is dead. Thankfully, she's not! Hope has a good instinct to look for her earlier. I enjoyed reading this story. :D

Thanks for sharing this!