Reviews for Wishful Divergence
Guest chapter 5 . 7/22/2012
Well that was different. Ramifications ensue.
Guest chapter 3 . 7/21/2012
Or maybe Lily and James sound like that because they're dead. vov
Guest chapter 2 . 7/21/2012
The dialogue at the end is a bit awkward. Kind of monologue-y? But otherwise, you nailed everyone's characters SO HARD. That is so Harry, and I can see Lily and James being just like that, too. Harry's teachers, classmates, Dudley, Dudley's friends, the Dursleys, etc. were very believable too. You're good at settings, descriptions and interactions.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/21/2012
Nice work; that's a good and believable frame for this premise!
Mugglemummy chapter 5 . 7/20/2012
susannahblack19 chapter 5 . 6/30/2012
omg! love this!
buzzbumble chapter 5 . 6/30/2012
harry is acting like a dick! Hopefully he grows up and doesn't pick up more of ron's bad habits...
Kirinin chapter 4 . 6/27/2012
About what I'd expect from Snape, and I'm glad Lily will tutor Harry, but I would have hoped for more manipulation from Harry rather than sheer avoidance. This isn't bad writing! It's just that I'd like to see how Snape reacts to a Harry raised in part by Lily. Harry's knowledge of certain things could easily be explained: "I saw my mum's things and she spoke very highly of you, there were pics" etc could explain more interaction. But Lily's and James's decision really does make sense. Snape was vicious, and he was from the very start. It's impossible to excuse that kind of behavior, especially in someone who works with children for a living!

Kirinin chapter 3 . 6/27/2012
I love James calling Harry 'Bambi', but since it is a name, it should be capitalized. As should the 'Roman' in 'Roman columns'. :)

The banter between James and Lily is adorable. I love how Lily keeps referring to Muggle things that James doesn't understand, but James's knowledge of Wizarding things fills in Lily's gaps. They compliment one another.

I'm waiting with bated breath for their reaction to Severus Snape. James will be furious, but Lily, I think, will be able to better explain what's really going on beneath the surface, and maybe help Harry deal with Snape better in Potions class. Not to mention the fact that I'm getting the feeling she'd be a far better Potions instructor than Severus Snape! :)

Love this so far,

Kirinin chapter 2 . 6/27/2012
This is adorable so far. Yes, your setup is contrived (as you say!) but it's short and the rest is very believable and unique. I *love* older Harry's wishes - he really did do a good job for such a short period of time to think about it - and the result is delightful. :)

dNN chapter 5 . 6/23/2012
An engaging beginning, though I do wish you hadn't saddled him with Fairweather Weasel...
ClaMiAl chapter 5 . 6/14/2012
Oh, wow! What a cool story. And very original, too; I've never read a story based on a similar concept. I love the changes we already see in Harry's character and I can't wait to see what effects this will have on the plot line. Also, the writing quality is very good. I don't think there was even a single mistake. Very nice! And the characters all have their own unique feel, though i must admit that Jame's childish behaviour and bickering with Lily was a bit weird. Make them seem like caricatures, who were supposed to be funny but just made it a little hard to take them seriously. When they acted like adults - and like parents, at that - though, I liked them a lot.

I really look forward to reading the rest of this story.
Laikayanel chapter 5 . 6/12/2012
While I do love the golden trio, this alternate Halloween makes possible that you will actually make changes, since the story so far has only be a more well adjusted Harry and mostly fluffy/humorous interactions with James and Lily, not that I do not like the family moments by the way, I quite loved them.

I noticed you have some Sirius/Harry fics and while I do not automatically hate it like Snape/Harry even have quite like it in some fics, I do not think it will appropriate for this one. So could you please say if the fic will remain gen?

Really hoping you will not abandon the fic.
Zana20 chapter 1 . 6/11/2012
Great chapter, I newer read anything like it!

You have amazing imagination!
Anony chapter 5 . 6/3/2012
Great, I can't wait for the next update! (And good thing it seems to be being updated at a reasonable pace!)
376 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 .. Last Next »