Reviews for Stunning
Bartlebead chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
Got tears in my eyes with this one. It's really perfect.

"They weren't exactly taught how to cope. They were taught how to survive." Yeah.
gaelicspirit chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
What an awesome birthday present. Maz, I know, will LOVE this.

"It's then that he realizes what's off. There is no Lucifer walking beside him, talking his head off, bouncing ideas in his mind, driving him crazy. And there is no Dean on the other side of him to keep him grounded. Christ, for the first time in months, he's alone."

Y'know, even though I generally focus on Dean and how events are affecting him (no matter who they're actually happening to) when I write reviews, it's this thought *points up* that I couldn't quite get over when Cas 'healed' Sam. For the first time in so, so long...Sam would be alone inside of himself. And while that had to be a relief of staggering proportions after the hell he'd just been through, it would be strange, too, to have to re-learn how to think for himself, by himself, without a crazy version of himself there to bounce ideas off of or have to think *around*.

It had to be so strange to be alone like that again.

I really thought this was well done. You focused on the boys and not everything outside of them and that was needed. It's so easy to get caught up in all the other characters we've grown to love that sometimes I just want to narrow the scope and see how our favorite brothers are dealing.

I liked Sam having an honest, backseat of the car, sex scene. I liked how he realized that Dean needed people, though he'd never openly admit it. I like how he realized that the tables had turned - he thought Dean could never understand the loss he'd suffered and now...Dean is the one swimming in loss because he's the one who inadvertently grew closer to all the people they lost while Sam purposely kept them at arms length. Everyone but Dean.

And when Dean said, "You're my best friend, Sammy," my breath snagged in my throat and my eyes welled. That was perfectly timed within the parameters of your conversation.

I'm glad I took a moment this morning to read this. I was going to save it for later, but there are some authors for whom I have no will power. You're one of them.

Thank you for sharing this with us and giving me a little more insight into a character I don't always see as clearly.
Hello chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
You're a great writer but I think this would be a better and more in-character story if the brothers actually showed some concern for Cas.
18 | « Prev Page 1 2