Reviews for Stunning
deanssammy chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
LOVE YOU!
Maz101 chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
Awww..really? For me? Missing, hurt, wet, reunited, angsty, snarky, finally happy brother, Dean...it's all I could ever wish for!

I couldn't see anywhere to put my red comments anyway - only *all over* saying *love it*.

What particularly? ...Firstly, Sam's POV after Luci's left ..."for the first time in months, he's alone." It would be extraordinary wouldn't it? And yet you also captured how odd it would be - how empty he feels, especially when he realises he's 'lost' Dean too - he's rudderless and bereft. When he misses "...someone to talk this though.." it could actually be about either of them...when he "wishes there was someone to put him on the right path" again, it reminds us that he's suddenly having to make decisions on his own. Really alone. (BTW, also liked the double metaphor of the path and earlier of the girl's hand shifting Sam's gears :))

Loved the palm rubbing , not for lucifer but for a girl...for a conversation...for normal.

Loved Sam using his smile like a weapon.

Loved that Sam is and will always be Dean's "present love" - *sniff*

LOVED the mutual "Help me!" OMG! Then you finished me off with "you're the best friend I ever had, Sammy" - Of course, really liked how you wouldn't let the fluff settle and gave Dean his teasing snark by the end. Just "stunning"!

Have to mention too... "That girl last night, she called me stunning." Dean's turn to smile now. "One time I had a girl call me Rico Suave." He nods. "And she meowed." HA! It's so you. So perfectly Dean.

I'm amazed you found the time and inclination to write this amidst ...everything...((THANKTHS THO MUCH))
Emmers224 chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
Well hello! Long time, no readth your fine work. I'm not gonna lie, it totally made my day, seeing a new story in my inbox. :) This story was just lovely. The angst, the confessions, Sam's "stunning" sex scene, Dean's defensive anger. I loved it! Beautifully done and I hope to read more of your work soon! :)
JudyH chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
As usual, you have the feel and the emotion between the brothers so precise and so crisp. It never occurred to me that Sam would come full circle, once Luci was out of the mix: back to needing his big brother by his side to feel "not normal...safe" again. The show hasn't addressed his state of mind; it's just back to business as usual, but hauling Satan around in your head for so long had to leave some residual effects, and you got it...you got it just right. I loved it...as I do all your stuff!
Bartlebead chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
I hope you'll write a few more again for Spn. You write both Dean and Sam really well.
Bartlebead chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
Got tears in my eyes with this one. It's really perfect.

"They weren't exactly taught how to cope. They were taught how to survive." Yeah.
gaelicspirit chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
What an awesome birthday present. Maz, I know, will LOVE this.

"It's then that he realizes what's off. There is no Lucifer walking beside him, talking his head off, bouncing ideas in his mind, driving him crazy. And there is no Dean on the other side of him to keep him grounded. Christ, for the first time in months, he's alone."

Y'know, even though I generally focus on Dean and how events are affecting him (no matter who they're actually happening to) when I write reviews, it's this thought *points up* that I couldn't quite get over when Cas 'healed' Sam. For the first time in so, so long...Sam would be alone inside of himself. And while that had to be a relief of staggering proportions after the hell he'd just been through, it would be strange, too, to have to re-learn how to think for himself, by himself, without a crazy version of himself there to bounce ideas off of or have to think *around*.

It had to be so strange to be alone like that again.

I really thought this was well done. You focused on the boys and not everything outside of them and that was needed. It's so easy to get caught up in all the other characters we've grown to love that sometimes I just want to narrow the scope and see how our favorite brothers are dealing.

I liked Sam having an honest, backseat of the car, sex scene. I liked how he realized that Dean needed people, though he'd never openly admit it. I like how he realized that the tables had turned - he thought Dean could never understand the loss he'd suffered and now...Dean is the one swimming in loss because he's the one who inadvertently grew closer to all the people they lost while Sam purposely kept them at arms length. Everyone but Dean.

And when Dean said, "You're my best friend, Sammy," my breath snagged in my throat and my eyes welled. That was perfectly timed within the parameters of your conversation.

I'm glad I took a moment this morning to read this. I was going to save it for later, but there are some authors for whom I have no will power. You're one of them.

Thank you for sharing this with us and giving me a little more insight into a character I don't always see as clearly.
Hello chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
You're a great writer but I think this would be a better and more in-character story if the brothers actually showed some concern for Cas.
23 | « Prev Page 1 2