Reviews for Heart's Desire
aloof-kokiri chapter 11 . 4/28/2014
Wow this was amazing. I Love how introspective and psychological magicant is in the story. The personally switch between Claus and Lucas was an interesting twist as well. I really enjoyed reading this. Please write another Mother story soon!
Guy chapter 11 . 2/4/2014
Dang. One of my favorite fan fictions on here. Good mixes of mystery, suspence, and enough goodies to keep you reading. Amazing story, keep up the good work!
Filletmyingyawn492 chapter 11 . 1/14/2014
Ahhhhhh! This story was so much fun to read! I love violet a whole lot! She would make a great sister with the two and the family! I love how Lucas and Claus both inherited violets power, with her representing the dark dragon. Porky deserved the beating he received from the twins. I hate that butt. It was very enjoyable to read on about how they were back on the nowhere islands, with all three together. Them singing made me want to sing with them. Overall excellent story! Keep on writing :D!
Eliza272 chapter 1 . 2/15/2013
Lucas was 9 in Chapters 1-3 and 14 in Chapters 4-8
Weedy Spyze chapter 11 . 1/17/2013
Hmm, well to be honest the ending kind of disappointed me. I'm not really a fan of the "Lucas/the dragon turns everything back to exactly how it used to be" hypothesis with the ending. Yeah it's a peace, but it's a fake peace and I prefer a more bittersweet ending where although the world is fixed, the residents of the Nowhere Islands have to rebuild their lives after everything was destroyed by the seventh needle's pulling. Leder's speech comes to mind when it comes to this, I don't think Lucas would want to create a world where everything is a lie. I do like to think that Claus somehow came back to life, for multiple reasons that I won't go into here, but I prefer it with his cyborg modifications intact and the twins have to adapt to that-again, a bittersweet ending. I'm glad you left the "did Hinawa come back to life?" plot point unanswered, because to me the story of Mother 3 would lose a lot of meaning if she did come back. Also I forgot to mention this in the previous chapter but I thought your interpretation of the dark dragon being a little girl was pretty interesting, it's always nice to see everyone's theories on who/what the dragon is. Not sure how I feel about her becoming Lucas/Claus' "little sister" though, but eh.

But anyway, don't mind all of that, overall it was a very good story and I enjoyed reading it. Well done!
oceanlover4evr chapter 10 . 1/13/2013
Oh my gods, the feels.

The first bits were painful to read, but in a oh-my-god-this-reminds-me-how-feely-and-emotionally-hurting-m3-is kind of way (if FFN chops that out, the painful was good, not writing bad)

Having the Dragon manifest as a human was certnainly interesting and new. Having her a girl made sense in the context of the games (especially if one's read my essay analysis on the Romantic themes of the game). Violet, like Kumatora? In a way, it makes sense. But wiblly wobbly timey wimey.

The bit with Lucas snapping at Claus with the badge was very much needed, and I'm glad you put it there. Lucas really matured with the journey, but too many people forget about it.

You're doing a really good ob. I can't believe the journey's almost over.
neuron6 chapter 10 . 1/12/2013
That was a truly incredible battle sequence. I still don't know how you describe a fight that well. Porky's personality was absolutely perfect; he was completely demented. I just have one question. I may be missing something completely obvious, but how did Claus come back to life?
Weedy Spyze chapter 10 . 1/12/2013
Wasn't disappointed by the chapter at all! I absolutely loved it. I loved how you began the chapter like you began the story, and my favorite part was without a doubt Lucas/Claus coming to terms with their memories returning to them. You've done a brilliant job with this story in my honest opinion, and I can't wait to read the epilogue.
greenie chapter 9 . 1/8/2013
I only finished mother 3 a few days ago, and the ending combined with the sadness of being done with such a poignant, wonderful game seriously tore a hole in my heart for a while. Your story filled the void beautifully.

The symbolism and meaning layered in this fic are actually pretty impressive, and the upsetting moments are very nicely balanced against the adorable parts. Which are admittedly really, REALLY cute (Lucas and Claus protecting eachother and giving eachother strength is what my heart ached for for the entire game, so thank you for writing it so sweetly).

If it's alright, I'd like to leave some mild critique? I'm not much of a writer, but just some feelings I got as a reader. Things seemed to speed by really quickly. I don't know if it's chapter length or slight skimping on descriptions, but it seemed like Lucas and Claus were just moving from one trial to the next sometimes. Maybe showing their exhaustion and writing their journey as taking a few days would help that. I dunno, I just feel like not squeezing everything into a 12 hour period would make it feel more epic somehow.

Of course, the fic is almost finished anyway and quite honestly its more than good as is. Just food for thought. Keep up the great work!
Weedy Spyze chapter 9 . 12/12/2012
First of all, I'm gonna apologize to you for not reviewing your story earlier and more frequently. This is without a doubt one of my favorite Earthbound stories I've ever read on this site, if not my favorite period. I'm always a sucker for stories that focus on Lucas and Claus' relationship (my favorite two characters), and it's a story that follows the end of Mother 3 as well, which I think is great. Too many writers go for an "alternate universe" approach instead when it comes to these two which I find disappointing. But I am absolutely loving this storyline, you're keeping me on the edge of my seat and I absolutely cannot wait for the next chapter, especially since it's supposed to be the climax.

If I have one critique, it's that I think your writing was a little underwhelming in the earlier chapters, but you have definitely improved in that department so it's pretty much now a non-issue. Anything else isn't even worth noting as far as I'm concerned. Keep up the good work!
oceanlover4evr chapter 9 . 12/9/2012
Mwah, you're so good at show-not-tell. Like, yo have to pay atteention to the WAY the story is being told, and how the boys act. You're not telling us outright when they gain wha memory most of the time, but you subtly slip it in.

This is so much like a hero's journey or a legit game. It reminded me too much of that final scene in M3, or in LoZ when you have to fight shadow!Link. Just creepy similarities, ironic situations, and general creepiness. Well, creepy in a sense that it was creepy, suspenseful, and made my gut feel uncomfortable. I kinda wanted to stop reading and bury my face in the pillow, but couldn't stop because I needed to find out what else was going on.

Oh, and I like how the train just disappeared. Itt's asmall detail, but a really fitting one.

Back to the boys, I felt like you did a really good assessment on Lucas's psyche and personality. Just... gah, no words can describe it. Amazing, it really was. And having MM's mouth stitched up? I feel like that was really symbolic and stuff, but at the same time it makes sense in Magicant, along with Claus remembering less, therefore mentallyy aging less, than Lucas.
Guest chapter 9 . 12/8/2012
Wow, intense as always. And suspenceful eding, good points, and cute little boys.
Anon chapter 9 . 12/8/2012
This is one of my favorite fanfics that receives updates. I'm a sucker for familyish kind of fics. Keep doing what your doing!
neuron6 chapter 8 . 12/5/2012
Very good so far. Most of the characterization is perfect, and I counted zero spelling/grammatical errors. I especially like how you turned the battles into story forms. One very small nitpick is that I think Lucas would be quieter. Nonetheless, this is one of the best MOTHER 3 fics I've seen. It's such an underappreciated fandom. Thanks, and please update soon!
oceanlover4evr chapter 8 . 12/4/2012
Ooooohhhhhhh... dUn DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNN! Gods, that was pretty climatic. The suspenseful cave that was pretty much Tanetane all over again, NPC, the fight... the feels!

You know what my favorite parts were? Claus blanking out, and realizing he technically avenged his mom. Both were very well done.

And brothers always stick togther. It's like in Magicant, the two of them can fix all the things that went wrong in their life, or they could at least come to terms with it.

The memory probing was also very well-done. It's hovering there, but gives off bad vibes, so they try to leave it alone, that's the feeling I got from it.