Reviews for Courtship
Kingryu chapter 17 . 2/1
This story was great. I'm still sad about Rei though.
Kingryu chapter 16 . 2/1
Whoa...that was sad dude...
KimranReech chapter 17 . 1/8
Just...just damn, damn man.
I did it again. Why? Why did I read this from beginning to end in not even 24 hours?
I can't, I just can't...why must it be over? WHY? *inhale* *exhale*

Again sorry for my poor english and grammar. Thanks for your nice last answer by the way!

4# on the most favorite list of HotD Fanfics? Deserved, way more than deserved.
Oh boy, yes like you thought I would, I found this fic more than interesting. Enthralling to say at least. What at most? Well, lets say that this is now my favourite romance story on this site. And to make you not to feel to good...we need all to shut up and sit down here and face reality!...lol just joking...so as I wanted to say I have read now over 400 Stories on this site and the most are way over 50k words long and only a handful one-shots and while Romance is the subject I read the most about, if you take a look at my favourites only one full fledged romance story managed to be a part of it so far and this was the first story I have read on this site as well. So...I can't even be sure about that. So...well yea not that the praise goes to your head...but congratulations for being number two or in some way the first number one I'm really sure about.

You blow me really out of the water with this story. Sure, after reading your time travel story (and the others) I knew you had the potential for a great full fledged romance flick and like I said in my last review, I really hoped for an more SaekoxTakashi focused story...and oh by do I got one.
Now lets stop with the much talk, little content thing I have going on here and lets dive a little into the things I liked, what not so much and the things that surprised me.

First of, the simple task of hooking Takeshi and Saeko up (also applies for Saya and Kohta). Very good.
I am firmly convinced in the fact that to start the relationship of two characters, who never saw each other and where the original show gave you the most important reasons why they start taking interest in each other (in this case Zombie outbreak and thus the reason why Saya takes Kohta more seriously and why Saeko and Takashi talk in the first place and the way Saekos -problem- gets shown), is the most difficult thing to do in an AU romance story or in a romance story in general.
But I must say you managed that rather well. Sure it all went a little to smooth so if I wanted to nitpick I could ask what interestet Saeko in Takashi in the first place? But on the other hand she is still a young teenage girl even with the whole "ice queen" thingy going on there, so thats not very important.

I Loved how everything worked together...got dumped by your ex-girlfriend? Harsh.
Your senpai who is very associated with rules hears you in a shouting match about said ex-girlfriend and takes interest in whats happening? Understandable.
Said senpai is the or one of the hottest girls in the shool and a buddy proposes to you to take a look at her at a tournament where you see her all sweaty and heated up? We are all just Men.
Talks with a random bystander who looks like he knows shit and asks him about it? Jup.
Said bystander is the father of the hot girl and is very polite and so presents you to the hot daughther? I can see it.
-and so on and on...how because of all that Saya had to take the assignment with Kohta of all people, how Takashi wants to write about kendo...It is just great
how everything falls into place in a belivable way.

One of the things I was most Interested in was how you would handle the whole Saeko likes to hurt and fight thingy, because in a world without Zombies that would mean...well yea exactly what happend in the end and I think you built this up well.

The two things I never saw coming were the death of Alice's parents and the death of Rei...holy shit Rei!
I'm not a fan of Rei to say at least, but even I was shaken. I think even if a little on the short side there was a good amount of build up for it and in the end what is more important is that it is really belivable. I never saw someone handle her character like this, the most people just have her there most times as kind of a bitch or as a rather annoying character, in SaekoxTakashi storys at least.
And while I agree that she is a bitch, even in canon, I'm not fond of people who conventionally just kill her off, because of giggles and since they don't like her.
But your dead was special and very innovativ. She never had a Zombie Apocalypse to distract her from her shattered soul and no Takashi who still felt responsible or affection for her was there to hold her together and while without the Zombie Apocalypse Hisashi was still alive, Rei like before, doesn't got distracted enough (in this case from Takashi) to heal.

And the dead of Alice's parents? that was just sad...just incredible sad.
But at the same time, to see Saeko and the others care so much about Alice
was just unbelievably heartwarming...Damn, now I really would like a follow up story with Takashi and Saeko caring about their own kids, but haha that would be beside the point.

Ah, before I forget it...again. I freaking LOVE Kage! I loved him in Time Trax, I loved him in the other works but here, here he just takes the cake. Kage must be one of the greatest OC I have ever seen...he just feels so natural in everything he does. May I ask if he is based on a real person in your circumcircle?

Okay, now I need to say something negativ..this post can't be just a fanboy love letter.
Something...negativ...damn that is hard but okay I have one real complain:
It. is. to. short.
Now, wait a minute before you start to type!
Yes of course a story can't go on for ever and this is okay, but only if it feels right.
The said problem is that some parts in the story particularly the ones after Takashi and Saeko became kind of a couple felt a little rushed. You didn't include many things that the characters really did and yes while you don't need to include every date I think it was rather sad that we for the most time only got a sentence like this: "And they were on their movie date...and now 3 Weeks later"
This became notably more apparent in the, lets say, last 30-50 pages where we just rushed through month and more month and even the parts we stopped at were very, very short.
Sure it sounds easy when I say that and I can understand that the words and the events don't just start to exist and much work is needed for every chapter but from a story standpoint I can't get around the feeling that it was too shallow in some instances.

The next point is not really a complain? I'm not even sure about that myself.
It is just that if I really look at the story from beginning to end and at what happend in it.
I feel in a way that this story went WAY to smooth. Yes of course we had some heavy themes in the story but nothing really complicated anything.
Don't get me wrong, I HATE forced drama particularly in relationship cases and I don't ask you to include any of this shit in your next work, but I still feel as if there should be something that doesn't went so "smooth".
And unfortunately for the first time in my life I have absolutely no Idea what I would change or include...nor a idea or anything, just the knowledge that there should be...something.
Like I said I'm rather confused myself.

Mhh okay that should be everything for now...lets see..some positives, negatives...little complain and some questions...mhh yes that will do.

I'm very sorry for such a long and drawn out Review were most is just some gibberish but I couldn't stop myself.

Greetings Kimran
SoaringEagle13 chapter 16 . 1/4
Rei's fate was unexpected. I can't help but feel pity for her.
meeetsubash chapter 8 . 10/21/2014
Big plot hole. In the beginning, you kept saying a darm figure was watching then. Who dat?
meeetsubash chapter 7 . 10/21/2014
You had frikkin cancer?
KOTG chapter 17 . 8/23/2014
A great story that ended on a very high note, I loved the character development and this was a masterpiece to say the least. Thank you for making such a wonderful H.O.T.D. fanfic.
kageofdoom chapter 17 . 8/18/2014
Love your stories bro just discovered u recently enjoyed your stories a bunch and they help to keep me company when im serving in the army, hope u will write more long hotd stories like this. Thanks and gl mate u made a fan in me.
Snakespur chapter 9 . 7/8/2014
Kohta Hirano: Lv 50 Deadeye Sniper
MidnightFenrir chapter 17 . 7/2/2014
I just found this jewel of a story and i have only one thing to say: Great Job.
LoveGlutton chapter 16 . 6/1/2014
Thats right they never fixed that but with shido under arrest shouldnt they declare it null and void
LoveGlutton chapter 12 . 5/31/2014
Delicious
LoveGlutton chapter 5 . 5/30/2014
:) hm. Cute
LoveGlutton chapter 3 . 5/30/2014
My fav too.
LoveGlutton chapter 2 . 5/30/2014
:) makes me glad to see this world I'm glad you created it